Retin-A and sun

bimaximum

bimaximum

Bronze
I work under the sun basically all day. Is it a problem to start Retin-A even with 50+ sunscreen ?

Not if you keep reapplying every 2-3 hours.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 8064
I work under the sun basically all day. Is it a problem to start Retin-A even with 50+ sunscreen ?

Bad combo tbh. But if you still want it, you should be ok with spf50 PA++++ sweat proof ultra greasy sunscreen reapplied every 2 hours.
Sun hat + sunglasses are welcome ofc.

spf only shows protection from UVB, not UVA rays. You need strong UVA protection as well. But like NVRH said..... you should be using physical covering if you work outdoors. I would wear one of those crazy sunhats that covers your entire face, and wear sunglasses.

spf only shows protection from UVB, not UVA rays. You need strong UVA protection as well. But like NVRH said..... you should be using physical covering if you work outdoors. I would wear one of those crazy sunhats that covers your entire face, and wear sunglasses.

Fuck. Unfortunately I won't be able to wear a sunhat, a cap at best. Be presentable is a big part of my work. I guess I'll start Retin-A when I'll have to stop for surgery.

Fuck. Unfortunately I won't be able to wear a sunhat, a cap at best. Be presentable is a big part of my work. I guess I'll start Retin-A when I'll have to stop for surgery.
Tretinoin isn't really worth it unless you can use it continuously. So I think the best thing you can do is just get a really good sunscreen and wear consistently. That alone will make you age better.