retin a and UEE

R

ritalinredemption

Iron
Does using retin A on the eye area ( lower and upper eyelids ) have detrimental effects? such as reducing fat in the area?

• Woah
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Artemide, needsolution and RAITEIII
why the fuck would you use retina on upper eyelid

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Y2J97, Deleted member 275, Deleted member 4053 and 5 others
So my advice would be: don't use tretinoin around there- its going to migrate slightly anyways after application so even if you just go to the orbital bone, you'll likely see some difference. However, if you're going to do it- be prepared for the peeling and don't put it too close to your eye (keep the migration in mind).

• +1
Reactions: Kade and AlexanderTheGreat
So my advice would be: don't use tretinoin around there- its going to migrate slightly anyways after application so even if you just go to the orbital bone, you'll likely see some difference. However, if you're going to do it- be prepared for the peeling and don't put it too close to your eye (keep the migration in mind).
thanks dude - what do you mean by migrate? i have two wrinkles im trying to get rid off in lower eyelid

thanks dude - what do you mean by migrate? i have two wrinkles im trying to get rid off in lower eyelid
So (pretty much) any time you put a topical on your skin, the heat from your body will cause it to spread out a little bit further than where you originally put it, especially topicals that have an emollient base like tretinoin. For some reason (that is probably incredibly obvious and I'm just not thinking clearly), the eye area seems to be particularly prone to this type of spreading out of product.

Edit to add: under eye wrinkles are particularly difficult to get rid of, if you didnt want to deal with the harshness of tretinoin around your eyes, there are specific eye creams that contain retinol which might help.

• +1
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat
thanks dude - do they have the same effect as retin a though?
So (pretty much) any time you put a topical on your skin, the heat from your body will cause it to spread out a little bit further than where you originally put it, especially topicals that have an emollient base like tretinoin. For some reason (that is probably incredibly obvious and I'm just not thinking clearly), the eye area seems to be particularly prone to this type of spreading out of product.

Edit to add: under eye wrinkles are particularly difficult to get rid of, if you didnt want to deal with the harshness of tretinoin around your eyes, there are specific eye creams that contain retinol which might help.

thanks dude - do they have the same effect as retin a though?
Other retinoids are never going to be as effective as quickly as tretinoin. But they will absolutely work, often with less irritation. I've got a bit of an explanation in the guide that I wrote on how retinoids work and are related to each other if you wanted to know more.

• +1
Reactions: ritalinredemption
Other retinoids are never going to be as effective as quickly as tretinoin. But they will absolutely work, often with less irritation. I've got a bit of an explanation in the guide that I wrote on how retinoids work and are related to each other if you wanted to know more.
i cant find the guide dude- can you link it please? thanks!

I use a shit ton of it all around my eyes everyday. Nothing bad has happened to my eyes yet lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
It indeed does son.
For a fact it is most effective if you use it directly as eyedrops.

• +1
Is this for real

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 6401
pretty sure it doesn't do anything if little bit gets in the eyes, eye drops after eye surgery also use vitamin a
Yeah those are (AFAIK) retinyl palmitate, not tretinoin and also are formulated for the eye- massive difference.

• +1