Retin a users gtfih

Deleted member 2788

Deleted member 2788

Diamond
Bought retin a 0.25 and first time i used was sunday 09/08.

Is 0.25 too low? Should've i bought the 0.5 one? Is it suposed to be used only 3 times per week as i saw on the internet? I feel like using only 3 times per week and using the 0.25 one it will take soo long to see a notable change in my skin. Opinions?

Also, is it ok to use a chemical exfoliator 2x week while on retin a?

Is 0.25 too low? Should've i bought the 0.5 one? Is it suposed to be used only 3 times per week as i saw on the internet? I feel like using only 3 times per week and using the 0.25 one it will take soo long to see a notable change in my skin. Opinions?

Some people suggest starting out with 0.025 since 0.05 could be too strong for their skin at first.

Last edited:
Some people suggest starting out with 0.25 since 0.5 could be too strong for their skin at first.
Yea thats why i bought the 0.25. But i want to look good now not in 6 months :feelsrope:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2788
I also use 0.025

I
Use the 0.025 until the 0.05 arrives?
Dont need to wait it arrive. I can buy it easily at my drugstore without prescription.

Use Retin-A and Adapalene.

• Woah
Reactions: her

0.025 is fine to start with. If you haven't noticed notable irritation, you can straight jump to 0.1 retin a.

Can
0.025 is fine to start with. If you haven't noticed notable irritation, you can straight jump to 0.1 retin a.
Can i use chemical exfoliants 2x per week while on retin a? I have to use retin a only 3x per week right? And then i would use the exfoliant in the days that i'll not use retin a

Can

Can i use chemical exfoliants 2x per week while on retin a? I have to use retin a only 3x per week right? And then i would use the exfoliant in the days that i'll not use retin a
Probably, I don't see the need tho.

Probably, I don't see the need tho.
I have blackheads and oily face, exfoliant will help. Otherwise how can i get rid of dead skim

• Woah
I have sensitive skin and retin-a 0.1 was fine. I just moisturize extra around the bottom of the nose area. I put on retin-a then 30 min later put on aquaphor before bed. I started with the 0.025 though and still use that around my eye area once in a while.

I have sensitive skin and retin-a 0.1 was fine. I just moisturize extra around the bottom of the nose area. I put on retin-a then 30 min later put on aquaphor before bed. I started with the 0.025 though and still use that around my eye area once in a while.
You sure we can use it on eye area?

Been using .5

DO NOT get this shit on your lips / any creases on your face. Holy fucking shit I've been looking like the joker for 2 fucking days already. My eyes hurt like hell for half a day.

Don't get it near eyes or lips, you will regret it.

You can bump up the frequency to every day if you aren't getting heavy flaking, just put it on, and be sure to put on moisturizer on top of it, and sunscreen on top of that if you're going outside.

EDIT: Also for the love of god don't stack other chemical defoliants with Retin-A

Last edited:
Don’t exfoliate it u have acne

Been using .5

DO NOT get this shit on your lips / any creases on your face. Holy fucking shit I've been looking like the joker for 2 fucking days already. My eyes hurt like hell for half a day.
I wont use it on my lips lol why would i do this. Why your eyes hurt? You used it in your eye area?

I wont use it on my lips lol why would i do this. Why your eyes hurt? You used it in your eye area?
You don't even need to get in on your lips, just getting it even a couple mm near the corner of your eyes/mouth is enough to cause cracking and fissures.

Don't get it near eyes or lips, you will regret it.

You can bump up the frequency to every day if you aren't getting heavy flaking, just put it on, and be sure to put on moisturizer on top of it, and sunscreen on top of that if you're going outside.

EDIT: Also for the love of god don't stack other chemical defoliants with Retin-A
So if i'm not heavy purging i can use it everyday? I have to use moisturize on top of the retin a? After the retin a is apllied how many minutes do i have to wait to use the moisturizer? About the sunscreen, i only use retin a at night, why would i need to use sunscreen too? I use sunscreen when i go outside in the morning.

About the exfoliant, you mean i cannot use a chemical exfoliant while using retin a? Even if i use the exfoliant on a day that i'm not going to apply the retin a?
You don't even need to get in on your lips, just getting it even a couple mm near the corner of your eyes/mouth is enough to cause cracking and fissures.
I'm being careful to not use near mouth and eyes.

So if i'm not heavy purging i can use it everyday?
Yes
I have to use moisturize on top of the retin a?
You don't "have" to, but it's recommended because it will keep you from having dandruff on your fucking face.
After the retin a is apllied how many minutes do i have to wait to use the moisturizer?
Just until it dries, then apply it.
why would i need to use sunscreen too?
Did you do any research at all before you put shit on/in your body? It makes the skin extra sensitive to sunlight, imagine everything the sun does to your skin x10 while on Retin-A, that's why you need it.
I use sunscreen when i go outside in the morning.
That's what I mean.
About the exfoliant, you mean i cannot use a chemical exfoliant while using retin a? Even if i use the exfoliant on a day that i'm not going to apply the retin a?
It has the potential to be too harsh and drying, for minimal gain, you're gonna get everything you need from Retin-A, just be patient lmao.

• +1
T
Yes

You don't "have" to, but it's recommended because it will keep you from having dandruff on your fucking face.

Just until it dries, then apply it.

Did you do any research at all before you put shit on/in your body? It makes the skin extra sensitive to sunlight, imagine everything the sun does to your skin x10 while on Retin-A, that's why you need it.

That's what I mean.

It has the potential to be too harsh and drying, for minimal gain, you're gonna get everything you need from Retin-A, just be patient lmao.
Thank you man :)

Tbh i used retinol for months so when I switched to retin a I didn't take any of the advice that people used and was like fuck it imma go all out. For 2 days I was fine, I put a shit load on as well everywhere. Then the third day in a row I did the same thing I also got some on my lips but tried taking it off after wihh just like a napkin. But holy shit this time the next day when I woke up I was super dry and it only got worse and worse throughout the day and by the end of the day my mouth was completely dry and cracking and by my eyes everytime I blinked it felt extremely dry and burning. Extra moisturizer didn't help. 2 days later I still looked like the joker and my lips got even worse but my eyes stopped hurting.

I did everything else right except for the amount I was putting on and the frequency I was putting it on at the beginning.

Also yeah don't get this stuff near your eyes I didn't put it on where it was burning by my eyes.
It looks way better right now than earlier today since I got some chapstick and better moisturizer.

• +1
Reactions: MrLeeMaxxing
You sure we can use it on eye area?

No but I do it anyways every few days. Retinoids increase collagen production (not really by a lot) and I lack it around my eye area so I need every atom of it I can get. If I use it too much it certainly burns like hell. But I only use it every few days and only if my eyes don't feel irritated--if the skin around my eyes is fine then it doesn't sting/burn at all. But only 0.025%, not the 1% I use on the rest of my face. I'm not entirely sure if it does anything, fighting aging is a basically impossible battle. But if I can go a year without looking a year older that's pretty good imo and worth it.