Rich people always say money doesn't buy happiness.

BigBiceps

BigBiceps

Kraken
Yet they still fight tooth and nail to increase their own net worth. That saying just never made any sense to me, if money doesn't buy happiness, why not just give all you got to the charity? Helping others feels good, that's guaranteed.
There's one thing money can't buy. Time, everything else is for sale. Rich people can buy love, they can buy friends, they can buy happiness, they can make their dreams come true. And you can even buy time indirectly with money, you save time by flying to places on a helicopter or a private jet, you don't waste time on worrying about how will you make your ends meet, you don't waste time on tinder, stunning women will flock to you.
Is the saying just a lie invented by rich people to diminish the jealousy of the working class, or are they genuinely unsatisfied? Are they so driven by their greed, that they can't feel satisfied unless they hoard more and more wealth?
Sure, there is the hedonistic treadmill which is the tendency for people to quickly return to a relatively stable level of happiness despite major positive or negative events or life changes, but surely the baseline of happiness is higher for the wealthy, beautiful and successful people.
Mad Scrooge McDuck.png

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, Alt Number 3, Deleted member 6186 and 12 others
Yet they still fight tooth and nail to increase their own net worth. That saying just never made any sense to me, if money doesn't buy happiness, why not just give all you got to the charity? Helping others feels good, that's guaranteed.
There's one thing money can't buy. Time, everything else is for sale. Rich people can buy love, they can buy friends, they can buy happiness, they can make their dreams come true. And you can even buy time indirectly with money, you save time by flying to places on a helicopter or a private jet, you don't waste time on worrying about how will you make your ends meet, you don't waste time on tinder, stunning women will flock to you.
Is the saying just a lie invented by rich people to diminish the jealousy of the working class, or are they genuinely unsatisfied? Are they so driven by their greed, that they can't feel satisfied unless they hoard more and more wealth?
Sure, there is the hedonistic treadmill which is the tendency for people to quickly return to a relatively stable level of happiness despite major positive or negative events or life changes, but surely the baseline of happiness is higher for a wealthy, beautiful and successful people.
Mad Scrooge McDuck.png

It really doesnt.

You honestly think you would feel happy buying friends , paying women, having to spend extra money to be treated like a human? Hiding behind material goods?

That's a shit existance.

Knowing people are around you for your money only and are prepared to drop you when you stop spending.

Tbh people dont even care about your money, you can be wealthy if you dont fit the image you will be excluded from higher social spaces.

You can be a multi millionaire, do people want to sit in the jacuzzi with you if you were also obese?

Its an image you need to fullfill, its why you have to dress well to be allowed into an expensive restaurant.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Carbon Copy, Deleted member 4804, Deleted member 2634 and 4 others
It really doesnt.

Just move to a mansion in your country of origin while working online for your company in the UK. Problem solved.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4804 and Gaia262
It really doesnt.

You honestly think you would feel happy buying friends , paying women, having to spend extra momey to be treated like a human?

That's a shit existance.
LOL ITS BETTER THAN BEING A POOR UGLY DICKLET THAT DOESNT GET TREATED LIKE A HUMAN ANYWAY

KEEP COPING

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, Arkantos, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 1 other person
Money obviously buys many things. But sometimes in some cases, even money isn't enough.

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3, Deleted member 4804 and Deleted member 756
I had to make a essay about it

it's so retarded to say

Just move to a mansion in your country of origin while working online for your company in the UK. Problem solved.
I don't think he would want to live in the slum of mumbai

LOL ITS BETTER THAN BEING A POOR UGLY DICKLET THAT DOESNT GET TREATED LIKE A HUMAN ANYWAY

KEEP COPING

You would still be an ugly dicklet that doesn't get treated like he is human unless you actively spend that money to protect yourself.

Most people wont care and will still shit on you.

How do you know whos rich or not in a night club or bar? You think women really want an ugly man approaching them on their holiday in spain?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
I don't think he would want to live in the slum of mumbai
Mumbai is rich now in 2020 now that India is a superpower. Keep coping.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3702

No i plan on converting my house into a rental unit and putting on rent. Also releasing equity to start purchasing real estate when prices crash and bottom out for a portfolio.

Plan on living abroad and being mobile.

Last edited:
if money doesn't buy happiness, why not just give all you got to the charity?
It might not buy happiness, but without money it would certainly bring unhappiness. Those who are born rich and then go broke are some of the most unfortunate people.

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ
I agree money doesn't buy happiness,

it buys crazy ass happiness

• +1
Reactions: manossarik and Deleted member 756
The Pursuit for money is happiness, not already having lots of money, thats why rich people like more and more, it's similar dopamine stimulating system like gambling

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and SadnessWYJ
It absolutely does buy happiness.

I'm not talking about ppl reeling in a several 100k, Im talking specifically about multi-millionaires+

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ, Deleted member 1182 and Deleted member 756
Money can’t buy happiness but poverty can’t buy anything

Without looks money is cope

• +1
Reactions: wasted and Gaia262
OFC MONEY BUYS HAPPINESS BRO

and luckily for you you have chances to be rich and financially free do to the free market capitalsit system

make sure to max your chance of getting a good job buddy boyo

I think its because you can measure certain chemicals and activity in the brain, and in studies where they measure these, there does seem to be a threshold above which people dont produce any more of these chemicals or any different activity than someone who is poor. But the normies who read these news articles because they are too stupid to just read the studies, interpret this as “happiness”, as if you can take a complicated human emotion like happiness and simplify it to some single chemical in the brain.

I think its also because they sort of mix the order of things around. They think that to be “happy” you need to have certain extra physical things like money, a wife, a nice house, etc., when really its the people who are happy on their own who will work hard enough to have these things. So I guess in that way they are sort of correct that money buys happiness.

Money is cope. As long as you are middle class, it doesn't really matter. I think there was a study that money does buy happiness, but only up to 90000 dollars per year, afterwards having more money didn't have a substantial effect on happiness.

Money is only necessary to live comfortably

Sure, there is the hedonistic treadmill which is the tendency for people to quickly return to a relatively stable level of happiness despite major positive or negative events or life changes, but surely the baseline of happiness is higher for the wealthy, beautiful and successful people.
Mad Scrooge McDuck.png
Just tell them to give me 2 million then. I mean its less than 1% of your worth but enough for me to never work again.

Money is cope. As long as you are middle class, it doesn't really matter. I think there was a study that money does buy happiness, but only up to 90000 dollars per year, afterwards having more money didn't have a substantial effect on happiness.
Yeah a (((study))). Think for yourself, would you be happier with millions as you would be free to do anything in your life, or working 12h a day on a job you hate to make 90 grands a year.

Yeah a (((study))). Think for yourself, would you be happier with millions as you would be free to do anything in your life, or working 12h a day on a job you hate to make 90 grands a year.
I guess tbh. But even then a lot of the stuff you do as a millionaire isn't that fun lmao.