Rubber bands on braces.

A

athnico

manlet
Right now I'm nearly 16 and I have had palate expanders for 5 and a half months, this is because there is a tooth behind my main lower two teeth. I have some pretty bad jaw asymmetry and when I mentioned it to my orthodontist he said that I might have to have rubber bands then. I read a few posts and saw a lot of people saying, 'never to have rubber bands'. I was just wondering why this was and if there was any other solution? Thanks.

just NEVER wear rubber bands

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and diggbicc
If you’re wearing them right now TAKE THEM OFF. They pull everything backwards.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and SayNoToRotting
Yeah same here. I have a underbite and the orthadontist said he wants to fix it with rubber bands. Idk if I should, I already have a bad profile lol. I'm planning to do lefort and bsso in the future so that can probably correct my bite. Also If I don't want rubber bands what do I tell my orthodontist. I don't want them?!?

just NEVER wear rubber bands
I have a pretty bad overbite. If I don't use rubber bands, the overbite will just stay the same, is there any other way to fix my overbite? On top of that my orthodontist will probably force me to use them. He's the only orthodontist in my city that wouldn't take out my teeth.

I have a pretty bad overbite. If I don't use rubber bands, the overbite will just stay the same, is there any other way to fix my overbite? On top of that my orthodontist will probably force me to use them. He's the only orthodontist in my city that wouldn't take out my teeth.
BSSO

• +1
Reactions: athnico
If you’re wearing them right now TAKE THEM OFF. They pull everything backwards.
what do you mean by this? i had rubber bands for a long while and i definitely think my jaw alignment and position was improved by it. maybe it was the result of just growing up but my jaw's resting position used to be farther back.