[Serious] Will a palate expander mess up my teeth?

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
I'm wondering if a palate expander will mess my teeth up since I have an overbite but very straight teeth (except my canines are very jagged and I have bunny rabbit like front teeth). Will this mess up my straight teeth? I'm wanting to get rid of my buccal corridors but I'm worried about the palate expander doing more bad than good.

Bump

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
@cocainecowboy @LordNorwood @Aesthetic

I really doubt it but disclaimer oral stuff isn't my area of expertise

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Who should I ask?
I don't know, I haven't come across anyone yet who has displayed a ton of in-depth knowledge on this specific topic. Maybe @x30001 knows something, he's one of the smartest people on the forum but from what I've seen his knowledge is more biochemical.

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetic, Deleted member 3202 and Dicklet.4.3
I don't know, I haven't come across anyone yet who has displayed a ton of in-depth knowledge on this specific topic. Maybe @x30001 knows something, he's one of the smartest people on the forum but from what I've seen his knowledge is more biochemical.
Still worth a try, thanks!
@x30001 Please help!

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
For as far as i know it doesnt. If anything a palate expander will make your palate bigger and increase your FWHR, which is a good thing.

Your front teeth most likely will remain in the same position. As a palate expander usually shifts out the second molar and third molar (basically the inside teeth of your mouth) which will only be increased in wideness, basically their actual positions do not really change.

If anything it would only improve and give space to your canine teeth.

So there arent many stakes to it and a lot of benefits. If i was you i would consider doing it.

For as far as i know it doesnt. If anything a palate expander will make your palate bigger and increase your FWHR, which is a good thing.

Your front teeth most likely will remain in the same position. As a palate expander usually shifts out the second molar and third molar (basically the inside teeth of your mouth) which will only be increased in wideness, basically their actual positions do not really change.

If anything it would only improve and give space to your canine teeth.

So there arent many stakes to it and a lot of benefits. If i was you i would consider doing it.
I think that my canines might need a little less space lol. But I'll figure it out with my dentist after I use the palate expander.

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetic