Should I continue to cut if I get headaches

Pop a NSAID, continue to cut. If other strange or painful shit happens - like delirium or loss of vision - I'd recommend you stop.

Pro-tip: never listen to anyone on the internet, especially here.

• +1
Reactions: LightingFraud, Steve bachall, Deleted member 656 and 1 other person
https://www.migrainetrust.org/about-migraine/trigger-factors/hypoglycaemia/

I am starting to get headaches from cutting fat. Has anyone been in similiar situation and what did you do in this situation? Something the headaches extert quite high pain
If you're going hypoglycemic that means your body doesn't have high enough levels of glucagon to be able to break down stored carbohydrates and send them into your blood stream as glucose. Your headaches are caused by low blood glucose levels without sufficient levels of glucagon to restore normal blood glucose levels. It's essentially reverse-diabetes. If you feel you're getting headaches because you might be going hypoglycemic, buy some dextrose tablets (lucozade tablets) and take one around the time you work out. That should help things.

• +1
Reactions: LightingFraud, Baki and Pex1992
"
Should I continue to cut
"

are u srsly asking this question JFL

this is just another coping thread. you dont need crash-diet like deficits, just keep consistently eating in deficit with normal blood sugar levels. weight loss is not fast. you can't "fix it fast". get this through your head. you can't "fix your body fast" unless you roid. both hypertrophy and fat loss takes time

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1332, RedPilledStemcel, LightingFraud and 7 others
If you're going hypoglycemic that means your body doesn't have high enough levels of glucagon to be able to break down stored carbohydrates and send them into your blood stream as glucose. Your headaches are caused by low blood glucose levels without sufficient levels of glucagon to restore normal blood glucose levels. It's essentially reverse-diabetes. If you feel your getting headaches because you might be going hypoglycemic, buy some dextrose tablets (lucozade tablets) and take one around the time you work out. That should help things.
Also yeah take some ibuprofen too. It could be anything causing your headaches. I don't know why you're convinced it's to do with hypoglycemia. Try de-stress and see if NSAIDs help like ShineBright suggested.

"
Should I continue to cut
"

this is just another coping thread. you dont need crash-diet like deficits, just keep consistently eating in deficit with normal blood sugar levels. weight loss is not fast. you can't "fix it fast". get this through your head. you can't "fix your body fast" unless you roid. both hypertrophy and fat loss takes time
But deosent high deficit speed up fat loss?
If you're going hypoglycemic that means your body doesn't have high enough levels of glucagon to be able to break down stored carbohydrates and send them into your blood stream as glucose. Your headaches are caused by low blood glucose levels without sufficient levels of glucagon to restore normal blood glucose levels. It's essentially reverse-diabetes. If you feel your getting headaches because you might be going hypoglycemic, buy some dextrose tablets (lucozade tablets) and take one around the time you work out. That should help things.
Could also be the neck training I did yesterday as It started since yesterday but not sure
Pop a NSAID, continue to cut. If other strange or painful shit happens - like delirium or loss of vision - I'd recommend you stop.

Pro-tip: never listen to anyone on the internet, especially here.
Alright, thanks, loss of vision happened to me only once when cutting but that was a year ago and I wasnt lifting
If you're going hypoglycemic that means your body doesn't have high enough levels of glucagon to be able to break down stored carbohydrates and send them into your blood stream as glucose. Your headaches are caused by low blood glucose levels without sufficient levels of glucagon to restore normal blood glucose levels. It's essentially reverse-diabetes. If you feel you're getting headaches because you might be going hypoglycemic, buy some dextrose tablets (lucozade tablets) and take one around the time you work out. That should help things.
Is this normal during cutting?

High E low T thread.

• +1
Reactions: Autist, heroinfather and androidcel
High deficit is disastrous. Try a small deficit with High Patience.
Defo but I did make some insane fat loss gains. Headaches only came around 2days ago since I did neck exerciess. I lost 4lbs this month but it feels like much more as I got some muscle mass aswell

• +1
Reactions: Baki
But deosent high deficit speed up fat loss?

it doesnt work that way. too high deficit will crash your endocrine system and may likely result in muscle loss or overall slower fat loss compared to smaller deficit as your metabolism may slow down. its really not that simple that you just "not eat X calories and then that will evaropate as fat from your body". your body is an adaptation machine. it adapts to everything. environment, physical stress, food etc. if it gets way less calories than its used to, metabolism/hormonal stuff will adapt to it, muscle-catabolism speeds up etc. if you're within "marginal" range of your TDEE, but somewhat less, your body doesnt register this as an emergency situation and will treat it as a normal day while make up the missing calories from your fat cells. this is how you get from A - > B body state without fucking your health up.

Also, another reason you CANT go too high deficit is because you have a big belly. If you dont take your fat loss slow you are going to have sagging belly skin guaranteed and need surgery. You may have it anyways even if you take it slow, unless you get lucky.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Baki
Also, another reason you CANT go too high deficit is because you have a big belly. If you dont take your fat loss slow you are going to have sagging belly guaranteed. You may have it anyways even if you take it slow, unless you get lucky.
I mean I did lose weight loss before (30kg in 7months) so I have already some loose skin

DId not know deficit is that bad, might have to eat more today then see how it goes.

TIme to eat a bit more carbs then, surely these headaches can't be for nothing

@FatmanO Watch a Lyle McDonald podcast about metabolic adaptation to fatloss.
I mean I did lose weight loss before (30kg in 7months) so I have already some loose skin

DId not know deficit is that bad, might have to eat more today then see how it goes.

TIme to eat a bit more carbs then, surely these headaches can't be for nothing
Too big of a deficit is bad. A controlled deficit is necessary.

i got headaches couple times since i started calorie deficit and i just took otc painkillers

Cope man,
Continue this instant.
I also get headaches from cutting but if you do go eat a salad and drink some water.
It helps

@FatmanO body fat is everything. never forget this. you arent a human till your over 15% bf dedsrs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and androidcel
But I thought you advocated leaness?
you still didnt understand my sentence
@FatmanO you arent a human till your over 15% bf dedsrs
not. human. over. 15%bf. over = more. if bodyfat more than 15% = you are not human. sentence means you need to be lower than 15% to be human :feelstastyman:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mojopin and androidcel
You can try either of these things:

1. Do a refeed day (high carb at maintenance calories or slightly above maintenance) - in order to replenish glycogen
  2. What is your fat intake? You can up it if it's low, because it's dietary fat, which controls the hormones production, so I guess ur hormones can be little bit off the whack

You can try taking some caffeine also. I am cutting rn as well and I feel like shit ngl, but you gotta endure... it's 12%bf or death, it's one of the most legit looksmaxes

When I didnt eat for 21 days all I felt was nausea that went away with an electrolyte drink. Ur probably just not that fat

not. human. over. 15%bf. over = more. if bodyfat more than 15% = you are not human. sentence means you need to be lower than 15% to be human :feelstastyman:
I understand it now
When I didnt eat for 21 days all I felt was nausea that went away with an electrolyte drink. Ur probably just not that fat
I guess I went to lowerbody fat now (people are saying Im becoming lean) so my body tries to fight against fat more

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656, kobecel and Deleted member 483
2 PSL with potential for 3.5 PSL if looksmaxxed

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
You should just cut 500kcal max on a normal diet. If you want to speed up the process, look after lyle mcdonalds rapid fat loss method which is basically eating 1000kcal a day with very high protein.

• +1
Reactions: make_it_to_the_top
You should just cut 500kcal max on a normal diet. If you want to speed up the process, look after lyle mcdonalds rapid fat loss method which is basically eating 1000kcal a day with very high protein.
legit tbh, on large deficit high-protein is more attainable as well, because high-protein foods are the most satiating

legit tbh, on large deficit high-protein is more attainable as well, because high-protein foods are the most satiating
Yeh I do that: Its holidays so stores are closed and I only have protein foods and little carb foods, probably therefore the headache. Im definitly eating a lot of protein tho, just gonna see how its gonna go in the gym with this slight headache?

According to my experience you'll look like chopsticks after cutting if you don't have enough muscle mass to begin with

According to my experience you'll look like chopsticks after cutting if you don't have enough muscle mass to begin with
I have wasted too much time on this dumb thought, the best way to bodymaxx is to cut until you are 10% and than start a lean bulk. Its the best for overall aesthetic, hormones and motivation.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel and make_it_to_the_top
I have wasted too much time on this dumb thought, the best way to bodymaxx is to cut until you are 10% and than start a lean bulk. Its the best for overall aesthetic, hormones and motivation.

I think about doing exactly that, once I get down to ~11-12% bf. Do you have any tips for lean bulk? Should you eat at maintenance or something like 100-200 cals over maintenance for lean bulk?

Depends how much body fat you have to start with
Depends on how much body fat you have to start with, and if you are in a hurry to look better.

I think about doing exactly that, once I get down to ~11-12% bf. Do you have any tips for lean bulk? Should you eat at maintenance or something like 100-200 cals over maintenance for lean bulk?
To be honest, bulking requires building fat. Its hard to eat exactly 200kcal surplus because of measurement mistakes etc. I would recommend intermediate fasting with a kcal surplus of 300-400 kcal. If you notice weight gain and strength gains you are good to go.

• +1
Reactions: make_it_to_the_top
Well I started cutting and noticed I do have enough muscle mass

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
Yeh I do that: Its holidays so stores are closed and I only have protein foods and little carb foods, probably therefore the headache. Im definitly eating a lot of protein tho, just gonna see how its gonna go in the gym with this slight headache?
If you eat little carbs, then I think deplenished glycogen stores may be the reason for headaches. Were you doing any refeed days recently?

Well I started cutting and noticed I do have enough muscle mass
That's good, and be careful of the loose skin you might get after rapid cutting

If you eat little carbs, then I think deplenished glycogen stores may be the reason for headaches. Were you doing any refeed days recently?
None, I actually ate less carbs due to less carbs being available
That's good, and be careful of the loose skin you might get after rapid cutting
I already lost 30kg in 7months so theres some loose skin there sadly :(

Then I shall endure the pain and lose those 4 percent of bodyfat or whatever they are

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: kobecel
"
Should I continue to cut
"

this is the best answer

Have a cheatmeal then resume cutting

None, I actually ate less carbs due to less carbs being available
Then I would advise having a refeed day, it may actually have more positives than negatives, just make sure to go back to strict cutting the day after, not like some of these lowiqcels, who do cheat day every other day jfl

I got these from improper breathing and eating very poorly while going to gym.

how much are you cutting? 500calorie defecit shouldnt give you headaches might be something else. if it keeps up tommorow, see a doctor.

how much are you cutting? 500calorie defecit shouldnt give you headaches might be something else. if it keeps up tommorow, see a doctor.
Its day 2 and has settled down slightly but also 2 days ago i did neck exercises so I have possibly strained my neck.

I am possibly in 500-1000 but cant tell for sure as Idk my tdee, guessing it here but based on the scale I lost 4kgs and gained some muscle

Then I would advise having a refeed day, it may actually have more positives than negatives, just make sure to go back to strict cutting the day after, not like some of these lowiqcels, who do cheat day every other day jfl
T3 > Refeed day. Just 20-40mg and you're fixed. If you don't have T3 then just do a Refeed day.

• +1
Reactions: FatmanO
never cut fat, lol at wanting to lose libido