Should i do diet or bulk? Body pictures included

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
I am 72kg at 178cm. Currently training 4-5 times a week. Eating 2100-2200 calories. I was once fat and 10kg more. I think the fat around my hips, and on my stomach will never go away, because i was a lot more fat there.
People are telling me that i look skinny and should gain some weight, but when i am without clothes, there is fat on lower belly and chest. Classic skinny fat.
What should i do?
Btw the light on the pictures is very good, and i tensed my stomach muscles. So maybe i look different in reality.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaia262, SubhumanCurrycel, Kmscurry and 2 others
I'm your height mirin your physique. Mogs me.

I think the obliques are weak, maybe another high iq gymcel can opine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12758 and SendMePicsToRate
Since you are on this forum I'm assuming you want that fit model look so keep at your current level and slowly add muscle mass. Don't straight up cut or bulk. Only fitness dudes will tell you that you are skinny cause they all want that Andrei Deiu roided look.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Since you are on this forum I'm assuming you want that fit model look so keep at your current level and slowly add muscle mass. Don't straight up cut or bulk. Only fitness dudes will tell you that you are skinny cause they all want that Andrei Deiu roided look.
Girls told me i look skinny. Most girls i met, and also all female friends like really muscular big guys. Seems like a trend in my city.

Since the gym hype is going mainstream, and every girl looks at ripped rtt insta models, this would be ideal to them:

Bildschirmfoto 2021 02 14 um 203135

Girls told me i look skinny. Most girls i met, and also all female friends like really muscular big guys. Seems like a trend in my city.

This would be ideal to them:

View attachment 986484
Damn, what country are you from? Slavic one? Most girls usually prefer guys on the skinnier side rather than the bulky type. Unless you are specifically trying to pull fitness chicks.

• +1
Reactions: IdiAmin
We can't see it on picture, but 72kg 178 cm you must be really skinny. If I were you I would slowly increase kcal amount. You will feel much better and you won't get fat fast.

You look good. If you want to get rid of that stubborn fat look into compounds like Ephedrine or Clen - they can help target those areas to a degree. Other than that, I think you are ready for a natty bulk. Don't fall for this maingaining meme bullshit tho.

Good physique. Mine is similar. I'd recommend you to cut first till you're about 10%. You look like you are about 4% bf away from that so first cut for 2 months (deficit should not be more than 500). Once you are lean af you can slowly lean bulk on 100-200 cals until you are 15%bf and then cut again to 10%. Repeat this cycle of cutting and bulking for 2-3 years and you'll be at your peak natty limit at 10%bf (provided your training, recovery and nutrition is on point).

NEVER bulk above 15%bf.

Face > Everything

• +1
Reactions: GermanLooksmaxer
NEVER bulk above 15%bf.

Face > Everything
Literally everyone around me say i looked way better at very high bodyfat (when i was 10kg heavier).
My face was a lot rounder/fuller and created a better fwhr. Since i am a smallface and boneless guy, it seems like girls hate me at low bf%. Having a robust and wide face is everything. They are allergic to small non dymorphic faces.
I am one of the few exceptions.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and OOGABOOGA
Good physique. Mine is similar. I'd recommend you to cut first till you're about 10%. You look like you are about 4% bf away from that so first cut for 2 months (deficit should not be more than 500). Once you are lean af you can slowly lean bulk on 100-200 cals until you are 15%bf and then cut again to 10%. Repeat this cycle of cutting and bulking for 2-3 years and you'll be at your peak natty limit at 10%bf (provided your training, recovery and nutrition is on point).
The problem is that i am already oldcel 27yr old, and approaching my 30s.
So the timespan where i can participate on the dating market, is very very small and short.
I dont have time for another 2-3yrs of gym investment.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and OOGABOOGA
Be grateful for your small waist bro. The frame pill is so brutal. No amount of effort or peds can ever fix it

You look great. I’m actually chasing this physique rn. Mirin small waist

• +1
Reactions: Beetlejuice
You have good frame but Pectoralis looks a bit ugly. Getting bulks on back might help that

Literally everyone around me say i looked way better at very high bodyfat (when i was 10kg heavier).
My face was a lot rounder/fuller and created a better fwhr. Since i am a smallface and boneless guy, it seems like girls hate me at low bf%. Having a robust and wide face is everything. They are allergic to small non dymorphic faces.
I am one of the few except
Women most of the times lie to themselves when it comes to looks

• +1
Reactions: GermanLooksmaxer
I look extremely similar to you. Try doing a mini cut for a few months and then bulk up again.

I look extremely similar to you. Try doing a mini cut for a few months and then bulk up again.
A few months? that sounds like a long cut. I would loose 1kg per week.

A few months? that sounds like a long cut. I would loose 1kg per week.
2-3 months maximum, I misrepresented myself. That should be more than enough.

I'm a bit taller than you and I weight 64 kg after 3 years of gymceling xD. I'm a bit skinny and I have difficult putting on muscle (that's why I'm so light, I also tend to eat little food). But if I were you I would do this, lose a bit of fat and then try to gain muscle by lean bulking. I'm no expert ofc, but you are in great shape as well, a maintenance diet would also work.

Last edited:
Bulk the day but when it become dark eat diet.

2-3 months maximum, I misrepresented myself. That should be more than enough.

I'm a bit taller than you and I weight 64 kg after 3 years of gymceling xD. I'm a bit skinny and I have difficult putting on muscle (that's why I'm so light, I also tend to eat little food). But if I were you I would do this, lose a bit of fat and then try to gain muscle by lean bulking. I'm no expert ofc, but you are in great shape as well, a maintenance diet would also work.
Are you zhredded?