Should i get a face mask?

D

Deleted member 8632

Silver
Or facepuller idk what its called. I just turned 17, i don't have any bite problems, my teeth are perfectly alligned so its not like i would want facemask just to fix underbite or overbite. I want it for more forward growth, i got high t (genetically) and i take k2.

Will it mess up my bite if i get it for forward growth only? How can i convince my dentist i want to get one if i dont have bite problems? She isnt a jew btw

are you talking about a protraction facemask?
if yes, yes it will mess up your bite, those are used to fix posterior maxilla while "pushing" the mandible, it will cause an overbite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8632
are you talking about a protraction facemask?
if yes, yes it will mess up your bite, those are used to fix posterior maxilla while "pushing" the mandible, it will cause an overbite
Yes those, isnt there a way to treat the overbite then? I got a decent face but i feel like i havent reached my genetic potential when it comes to forward growts

• +1
Reactions: George_Randerlax
Yes those, isnt there a way to treat the overbite then? I got a decent face but i feel like i havent reached my genetic potential when it comes to forward growts
you could always try AGGA [Anterior Guided Growth Appliance] to not affect the occlusion while giving you forward growth
your case is an unique one though, but AGGA is not invasive and can be stopped at any time, just like braces

you could always try AGGA [Anterior Guided Growth Appliance] to not affect the occlusion while giving you forward growth
your case is an unique one though, but AGGA is not invasive and can be stopped at any time, just like braces
I heard that agga doesnt change anything bcs of xrays, and i got a decent side profile and probably i wont see results

I heard that agga doesnt change anything bcs of xrays, and i got a decent side profile and probably i wont see results
I've seen progress with agga but it was after an 18 month treatment and both cases were underbites
not really your case but also depends of the experience of the maxillofacial surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8632