Should I keep on using my myobrace?

Humans_Are_Robots

Humans_Are_Robots

The brutal truth
I noticed after a few days of use that the back of rhe right side of my face just behind the tooth that it's "cut in" and it hurts a bit when having hard food and chewing on the right side.

What I also realized which could be the reason why I always chewed on the left side is that the furthest back upper tooth on the right side is tilted outwards towards my cheek quite badly and causes cuts when I chew.

Now, I think my myobrace will help and fix my overbite bit I really do not want it to fuck up the back of my mouth more than it already is. I never measured anything and just bought one that looks good and read about on the great work. It might be too wide "6 mm" but idk.

See pic and ull understand what i mean

Attachments

• 20190302_184338.jpg
    20190302_184338.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 71
  • +1
Reactions: AspiringChad and wannaimprove
Keep using jt

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad
you noticed any improvement on your overbite? did you get yours specially fitted or just chose one of the sizes?

you noticed any improvement on your overbite? did you get yours specially fitted or just chose one of the sizes?
There is no “specifically fitted”. Myobrace is myobrace there’s no adjustment or customisation.

There is no “specifically fitted”. Myobrace is myobrace there’s no adjustment or customisation.

i thought theres difference myobraces for mouth sizes.. the ones on aliexpres and the like anyway

i thought theres difference myobraces for mouth sizes.. the ones on aliexpres and the like anyway
There’s only regular and large size. That’s it. Unless you are 100% subhuman it’s always best to go for the large. Don’t bother with regular. Don’t start with A1 either go straight to A2.
@Phad, help this gentleman out please

• +1
Reactions: wannaimprove and dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
I was at the dentist the other day and found out that an inflamation started at the root of the tooth (probably from myobrace) and I stopped using mine. Listen to your body if you think you should stop then stop.

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
I noticed after a few days of use that the back of rhe right side of my face just behind the tooth that it's "cut in" and it hurts a bit when having hard food and chewing on the right side.

What I also realized which could be the reason why I always chewed on the left side is that the furthest back upper tooth on the right side is tilted outwards towards my cheek quite badly and causes cuts when I chew.

Now, I think my myobrace will help and fix my overbite bit I really do not want it to fuck up the back of my mouth more than it already is. I never measured anything and just bought one that looks good and read about on the great work. It might be too wide "6 mm" but idk.

See pic and ull understand what i mean
How would myobrace alone be able to fix your overbite?

I dont see it happening tbh but maybe Im not informed enough

So yeah. Update..

Started feeling like 2 weeks ago pain in thr back of my mandible muscle while eating, and now i feel a bit of ear pain and TMJ signs in my right ear (my misaligned side). Also seems that my jaw is slighty more recessed now which sucks. I definitely think its the myobrace that has caused these issues and i will take a break from using it and hopefully it will get better.
I have been using stage 1 during night and stage 2 during day since beginning of march basically.

It seems though that my jaw is more symmetric now though which is nice but i really dont like the constant "pressure" i am feeling now in my right ear.

So yeah. Update..

Started feeling like 2 weeks ago pain in thr back of my mandible muscle while eating, and now i feel a bit of ear pain and TMJ signs in my right ear (my misaligned side). Also seems that my jaw is slighty more recessed now which sucks. I definitely think its the myobrace that has caused these issues and i will take a break from using it and hopefully it will get better.
I have been using stage 1 during night and stage 2 during day since beginning of march basically.

It seems though that my jaw is more symmetric now though which is nice but i really dont like the constant "pressure" i am feeling now in my right ear.
How did it recess your jaw more? I aborted mine also btw.

How did it recess your jaw more? I aborted mine also btw.
Cause I have been feeling TMJ signs which means the jaw is not moving correctly and therefore is pushed back further which i believe is the cause of the unpleasant feeling in my ear. When i compare profile pics, i cant seem to make my chin look as far out as before starting with myobrace. It could be because i am a little bit fatter in face or just in my mind but i do believe its pushed back a little bit atleast.

Well if all of that doesn't sound like a big invite to affording a myobrace, then I don't know what does

Well if all of that doesn't sound like a big invite to affording a myobrace, then I don't know what does
Dont get me wrong, its definitely useful for straightening teeth, but i think my teeth are a little bit too out of place which makes it straining to keep the bite without straining the jaw. I think because i have been straining the jaw, i feel these tmj signs

Dont get me wrong, its definitely useful for straightening teeth, but i think my teeth are a little bit too out of place which makes it straining to keep the bite without straining the jaw. I think because i have been straining the jaw, i feel these tmj signs
Jfl when your too subhuman for myobrace.

Joking man, had similar problems with it also. Built for subhumans, by subhumans.

TFW I thought myobrace is the cure to get my jaw a bit more forward and instead i feel pain i havent felt before which seems to be TMJ JFL

I don't care about pain, I just want to pull my lower incisors in and expand my lower jaw so I can finally get a taller, more foreward projecting chin.
I have become desperate, very desperate.
It's still puzzling to me how mewing has improved my maxilla so much yet my mandible and lower palate is almost the same.

I don't care about pain, I just want to pull my lower incisors in and expand my lower jaw so I can finally get a taller, more foreward projecting chin.
I have become desperate, very desperate.
It's still puzzling to me how mewing has improved my maxilla so much yet my mandible and lower palate is almost the same.
Yes but the issue is that if myobrace can cause TMJ then it means the jaw will be not move forward due to the muscles being inflamed and instead move back which is the opposite of what we want. If you look up the tmd appliance it seems to be a bit better, though from my own experience, do not experiment yourself, and instead speak with an orthodontist or someone professional instead

Update
should use a2 or a3?

Last edited: