Should I stop going out with people that make fun of me?

N

Noodlewhore

Glutencel
Right now I'm going out with a group of people who make fun of me for everything, especially when there are girls around. Every little thing I do they comment on it, say it's wrong and how better they are at it, and make fun of it in front of girls and new people we meet. Of course the new people seeing how I'm treated they don't respect me and the girls just laugh at me when they make fun of me.

What should I do? Keep going out with them hoping they stop doing it or stay at home and save money?

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life, Deleted member 2095, RichardSpencel and 5 others
Yes dude obviously
Don't tell them anything just ghost their shit. You don't have valuable time to waste even saying shit to them. Big difference between brotherly banter and social undercutting and this is obviously the latter. Find new friends, act as though these guys don't exist.

• +1
Reactions: LM4sixten, CopeIsReal, Zygos4Life and 7 others
What the fuck? Of course. Ghost all of them and inject steroids nigga

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LM4sixten, Butthurt Dweller, Short Ugly and Brown and 9 others
Fuck them up and let them know that respecting you is crucial for survival

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: poonkiller9000, SHARK, CopeIsReal and 3 others
go cho

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
Yeah wtf ghost them

• +1
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller, RichardSpencel, BigBiceps and 2 others
This means you’re low status and can’t take a joke and likely have a personality that can’t be respected by men, seen this happen to even good looking guys. Drop them and don’t look back

• +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life, Over, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and 2 others
Right now I'm going out with a group of people who make fun of me for everything, especially when there are girls around. Every little thing I do they comment on it, say it's wrong and how better they are at it, and make fun of it in front of girls and new people we meet. Of course the new people seeing how I'm treated they don't respect me and the girls just laugh at me when they make fun of me.

What should I do? Keep going out with them hoping they stop doing it or stay at home and save money?
yes
but why are you even letting them make fun of you? i bet you just stand there awkwardly and dont know what to do right? you need to work on your confidence man

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Zygos4Life, LordNorwood and Ritalincel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ruby and RichardSpencel
dont let people disrespect you

that said there is such a thing as playful friendly banter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3123 and turkproducer

• Hmm...
Reactions: Ritalincel
yes
but why are you even letting them make fun of you? i bet you just stand there awkwardly and dont know what to do right? you need to work on your confidence man
This is probably true too, you need to learn how to jab back at them twice as strong but in a playful way but actually make fun of them for something they're insecure about. Ded srs

• +1
Reactions: poonkiller9000, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Ruby
Nigga wut

• Hmm...
Yes dude obviously
Don't tell them anything just ghost their shit. You don't have valuable time to waste even saying shit to them. Big difference between brotherly banter and social undercutting and this is obviously the latter. Find new friends, act as though these guys don't exist.
I'd say straight up telling them something along the lines of "I have no interest in going out with you guys if you continue to constantly make fun of me" would also be an option. But that would most likely lead to "muh ok we'll stop" which will result in no change at all at least after some time has passed.

Nigga wut
Noodlewhore saidRight now I'm going out with a group of people who make fun of me for everything, especially when there are girls around. Every little thing I do they comment on it, say it's wrong and how better they are at it, and make fun of it in front of girls and new people we meet. Of course the new people seeing how I'm treated they don't respect me and the girls just laugh at me when they make fun of me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3902
Noodlewhore saidRight now I'm going out with a group of people who make fun of me for everything, especially when there are girls around. Every little thing I do they comment on it, say it's wrong and how better they are at it, and make fun of it in front of girls and new people we meet. Of course the new people seeing how I'm treated they don't respect me and the girls just laugh at me when they make fun of me.

Thanks bro now I get it

• +1
Fuck them up, they'll only make fun of you if you let them get a way with it. Stand up for yourself, man up and confront them.

You'll either gain respect or get shit on, if you get shit on just leave since they treated you like a lesser than to begin with. Fuck them.

I hate seeing shit like this when I'm out, there's no back to back friendly banter, just straight up making fun of their 'friend'. Whenever I see this I always feel bad and try to friend the guy being made fun of.

Only time I talk shit and start bullying people is if they start it first.

• +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life, Deleted member 2095, Over and 1 other person
yes
You don't just work on your confidence. It is built by positive reinforcement and good experiences. You can't just "be" confident. You can try to act like you are, but most will see through it. Correct thing to do is to assert dominance in the friend group by moderate amount of "violence" and you'll get the respect. Whenever I was made fun of by friends in middle school, I wrestled them a little bit, and then we laughed together to someone else. Nowadays I never even have to wrestle, the respect just... is there.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
Just shoot them with a gun theory

The worst thing is that they do it mainly when we meet new girls...like I have no option whatsoever because as soon as I say something they laugh at it or say something like "stop hitting on them ahahah" in front of the girls when I actually didn't and they are the ones hitting on them, not me. Or they tell awkward things about me in front of them....
Or they say to the girls when I'm turned "look at him in the eyes ahahahah, he's so shy" and they all start laughing together. Basically they use me to hit on the girls

So basically there is nothing I can do because if I say something they act like I can't take a joke but I'm sure can take it...it's just that they always do it in front of girls so every time they ruin my chances even if a girl might like me physically

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Over
You don't just work on your confidence. It is built by positive reinforcement and good experiences. You can't just "be" confident. You can try to act like you are, but most will see through it. Correct thing to do is to assert dominance in the friend group by moderate amount of "violence" and you'll get the respect. Whenever I was made fun of by friends in middle school, I wrestled them a little bit, and then we laughed together to someone else. Nowadays I never even have to wrestle, the respect just... is there.
of course you can improve your confidence but that shit with violence is true when someone makes fun of you just act agressive and serious just make them realize that they went a step too far (wont work if you dont have confidence probably)
my friend always did this: if someone makes fun of him he asks the guy in a serious tone what he just said and if he repeats it he just jumped him lol the guys who got jumped didnt expect it at all and were so shocked and confused and now they know they shouldnt provoke him wouldnt recommend though :lul:

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps
Fuck man I know this feeling
I want to say slit their throats but fuck that actually

I had this happen to me aswell and it is so fucking frustrating

These guys are using you to look better in front of girls. Fuck them. I wouldn't ghost them. If you're gonna leave their friend group, go out with a bang and knock one of them out. Serious.

• +1
Reactions: poonkiller9000
this should've never happened man. the first time they talk shit you fire back and teach them that ur not a bitch nig. Now that they have continuously disrespecterd u knock them all out ded srs. you need to have the balls to not let anyone talk down on you. doing this will only give you bigger huevos.