Should I use minoxidil to recover from a temporary shed

jefferson

jefferson

OG poster
I have an iron deficiency and an autoimmune disorder (a type of arthritis). Because of this my hair thinned out dramatically over the past 2 months. The shedding is still happening as I am not on meds yet for the autoimmune thing and also the iron deficiency takes months to be corrected with supplementation. My hair still looks normal but isn't nearly as thick as it used to be, it limits me in what haircuts I can get. It will probably get worse before it gets getter.

Is it worthwhile to use minoxidil for the next few months to stop it from getting worse and recover it until my body normalizes?

how can you tell what's shedding and what isn't?

If it's really just shedding then don't bother. At most give minox a trial run, see how your skin reacts, and go from there. I'm sure you're well aware of it's sides.

how can you tell what's shedding and what isn't?

If it's really just shedding then don't bother. At most give minox a trial run, see how your skin reacts, and go from there. I'm sure you're well aware of it's sides.
What do you mean? I can tell it's shedding because I'm losing tons of hair from everywhere on my scalp and it all happened at the same time I had an arthritis flare up. Also my scalp hurts although it's getting better now. It's not receding just thinning everywhere.

Are the negative skin things overblown? I just see mostly a few autists raving about it on here but don't see any real evidence towards it.

@Lifeisgood72 suffered major skin damage(he looks older and his face is fucked tbh) and said its totally not worth it

@Lifeisgood72 suffered major skin damage(he looks older and his face is fucked tbh) and said its totally not worth it
He also said ashwagandha changed his life and hade him super high T so I don't really trust what he says tbh.

Are the negative skin things overblown? I just see mostly a few autists raving about it on here but don't see any real evidence towards it.

personally not used it on hairline, i used it a little for beard growth a long time ago. main side effect I got was shedding, but it definitely did cause a drop in the quality of my skin.

• +1
Reactions: jefferson
personally not used it on hairline, i used it a little for beard growth a long time ago. main side effect I got was shedding, but it definitely did cause a drop in the quality of my skin.
Probably not worth it for me then. Old looking skin is already my main flaw. Thicker hair would be nice but at this point it still looks normal.

>use minox against shedding
>suffer side effect shedding
xd
He also said ashwagandha changed his life and hade him super high T so I don't really trust what he says tbh.
did you think about ru58841?

>use minox against shedding
>suffer side effect shedding
xd

lifes a bitch lol

but nah shedding as in temporary hair loss, since it was for beard growth small velus hairs were shedding till they were eventually replaced with terminal ones.

Don't you dare fucking do it

Don't think (ahh my genetics are good it won't affect me!)

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2810 and Deleted member 1862
Has anyone on this forum actually used RU? There's a lot of hype but not much else lmao

Has anyone on this forum actually used RU? There's a lot of hype but not much else lmao
@CupOfCoffee is, I'm sure many other members have also

Minoxidil inhibits collagen production on a dna level. Our bodies do not have natural ways of replacing DNA if it gets fucked up. This means recovery will literally take months, if not years as every cell in your body gets replaced naturally.

The inhibition happens as soon as you put on Minox for the first time.

• +1

Minoxidil inhibits collagen production on a dna level. Our bodies do not have natural ways of replacing DNA if it gets fucked up. This means recovery will literally take months, if not years as every cell in your body gets replaced naturally.

The inhibition happens as soon as you put on Minox for the first time.
I read that decrease in collagen production can also stop hair shedding though because increased collagen production makes more fibrosis on the hair follicles.

I read that decrease in collagen production can also stop hair shedding though because increased collagen production makes more fibrosis on the hair follicles.
how does dermaroll save it then

how does dermaroll save it then
no idea, this article is interesting though

collagen is 100% more important than hair tbh

Are you on tretinoin?

Yes bro, whatever it takes to preserve hair follicles.

collagen is 100% more important than hair tbh

Are you on tretinoin?
Shut the fuck up.

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround
If It is only temporary I assume your hair follicles are still there (right?). If so minoxidil won't bring any benefit

Shut the fuck up.
Lmao fucking retard if you think women care about hair more than skin. A young cute guy could shave his head bald and still be 100% more goodlooking than a dude with shitty aged skin with a nw0.

Lmao fucking retard if you think women care about hair more than skin. A young cute guy could shave his head bald and still be 100% more goodlooking than a dude with shitty aged skin with a nw0.
Cope.

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround
If It is only temporary I assume your hair follicles are still there (right?). If so minoxidil won't bring any benefit
The follicles may still be there but the hair is not

Keep coping baldy.

1297525227209.png

I have an iron deficiency and an autoimmune disorder (a type of arthritis). Because of this my hair thinned out dramatically over the past 2 months. The shedding is still happening as I am not on meds yet for the autoimmune thing and also the iron deficiency takes months to be corrected with supplementation. My hair still looks normal but isn't nearly as thick as it used to be, it limits me in what haircuts I can get. It will probably get worse before it gets getter.

Is it worthwhile to use minoxidil for the next few months to stop it from getting worse and recover it until my body normalizes?
minoxidil dilates the vessels and lets the hair follicles get more nutrients, thus I can't find a reason not to try it

• +1