Should you take niacin only like every 3 days

Swolepenisman

Swolepenisman

Kraken
Sometimes I take 500mg before bed but some days I take 500 mg every hour for three

these flushes, though.
I take them at evening 1+ gour before sleep mostly. I take it about 3x per week.

these flushes, though.
I take them at evening 1+ gour before sleep mostly. I take it about 3x per week.
I'ma take it this summer when I go to beach to pick up girls bc it makes your skin look perfect red

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
to pick up girls bc it makes your skin look perfect red
Lobster Game Maxxing.

Imo, beta-carotene supplements is the best skin-color game-plan.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
I take every other day

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2506, Deleted member 1464, OOGABOOGA and 1 other person
why not mt2 for extremely pale ppl
It all depends what one wants to achieve.
I personally think Beta-carotene is more attractive and healthy looking. Then MT2.
MT2 makes you more brown. Beta-Carotene makes one more yellow/orange type-ish.

here is an exmaple of the difference in picture. And what i base my opinion on.
"The face in the middle shows the natural skin colour.
The faces on the left show the effect of sun tanning ->
[Probably equal to MT2-melatonin],
while the faces on the right shows the effect of eating more carotenoids.
[or beta-carotene food supplementns do the same]
Participants thought the carotenoid colour looked healthier. "
melanin-carotenoid-transforms.jpg

How's the flush?
Built up tolerance to it so it isn't at all extreme. Still feel it a tiny bit but it's nothing like the pins and needles feeling when you take your first 500mg.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 656
Built up tolerance to it so it isn't at all extreme. Still feel it a tiny bit but it's nothing like the pins and needles feeling when you take your first 500mg.
Do you do it for the GH?

Do you do it for the GH?
Helps serotonin synthesis in the brain and improves my sleep. The odd time I take 800mg 5-HTP and 800mg EGCG with it and I get the most amazing sleep ever. I take it before I go to sleep because I don't need energy while I'm sleeping, compared to if I take it during the day when I need NAD+.

It comes down to what I said yesterday about the NAM causing the Sirtuins' to assist the NAD+ redox process where they break apart the NAD+ into NMNs.

Taking it at night is most beneficial because I'll have more NAD+ the next day. And yeah the HGH pulse is a bonus too.

I'm not sure what exactly causes the flush. I saw someone say it's because "all the fat cells get burst open". I always thought it's because it causes some pro-histamine reaction and could be related to the huge PGD2 release that Niacin causes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
The odd time I take 800mg 5-HTP and 800mg EGCG with it and I get the most amazing sleep ever.
Why'd you only take it every so often then? Do you build up a tolerance?

Why'd you only take it every so often then? Do you build up a tolerance?
Nah I don't build up a tolerance. Sometimes I just forget to take them.

• +1
i was at school with Niacin flush and people said "wtf I think you're having an allergic reaction or smth". well one person said it but it did not give me a healthy "flushed" look, it was very extreme

Nah I don't build up a tolerance. Sometimes I just forget to take them.
Understandable. With all the supplements you recommend your house must look like a GSK warehouse.

i was at school with Niacin flush and people said "wtf I think you're having an allergic reaction or smth". well one person said it but it did not give me a healthy "flushed" look, it was very extreme
Make a "Picking up girls at school with a Niacin Flush (GONE EXTREMELY WRONG!!)" video.
Understandable. With all the supplements you recommend your house must look like a GSK warehouse.
Niacin is probably the only thing I take regularly. Buying too many supps is just a waste.

• +1
I'ma take it this summer when I go to beach to pick up girls bc it makes your skin look perfect red
Have u tried astaxanthin? some users here said it gives them red glow

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
Dunno. Just not taking it. Don't feel I need to
You once spoke about it as though it were one of the cornerstones of optimal mitochondrial function.

thank you, i used to be insecure spraytancel so i csnt risk being yellow/orange or ppl will assume fake tan :( maybe ill mix? Or any ideas on how to make it less yellow/orange? Ive heard asxathxin (idk how to spell) counters it n makes u tanner overall,
i dunno how to make it less yellow/orgamnge-ish. the beta-carotene "tan". the issue of beta-carotene "tan" makeing it look fake, I don't see at all. Imo, it looks healthy, and that's it.
With beta-carotene, if you want that tan to go away once you have it (it taks quit some time often for most peaople) just stop taking the supplement and not eat to much certain vegetables and fruits. And is should be gne pretty quickly.

ty, would combining with asthaxanthain make color more even??
I don't kn ow much/any about asthaxanthain.

I just read it's a Family of the carotenoïds. Which beta- carotene also is.It kinda says it;s stronger then beta-carotene.
I see calims being made, I didn't verify, about health and aging and desease prevention. It sounds interesting. but i need to have free time to read further into it.
It kinda seems, asthaxanthain does not cause Melanin increase like a sun tan does in the skin (i'm not 100% sure, but i assume). Also beta-carotene doesn't increase Melanin in skin. Hence, it's not like a normal sun-tan but a different kind of "tan".

i don't even know if Melanin and melatonin is the same. i need to learn more about this.

There is nothing on this forum about skin tone, and indept infoa about that??

there is a new post should be recently bumped, has decent info. melatonin is for sleep lol i am just as dumb at this shit too dont worry. melanin is skin color/pigment shit

ty for info
Fuck. How stupid we are for using Melatonin when meaning Melanin.

How that happened?
I saw you came up with MT-s (melatonin receptor) against pale skin. But MT-2 ahs only to do with sleeping melatonin, and nothing with skin tone, I guess.

A bunch of ignorant people babbling about this stuff.

I know decently about the beta-carotene thing, substance. because I read info and videos wathcing about that one. Beyond that, I'm dumb as fuck about skin tone stuff. All I know, is that I won't go tanning in sun, because it will fuck up the aging of my skinn. And I will stay young forever, so no sun-tanning for me and suncblock daily.

I take 3000mg before bed almost every night.
NOT ANYMORE. Holy shit if you ever want to experience the symptoms of undermethylation. Take high dose Niacin everyday.

Only thing I'm currently taking is 1g of TMG per day. Trying to eat more foods like eggs, spirulina, smoked salmon too.
NOT ANYMORE. Holy shit if you ever want to experience the symptoms of undermethylation. Take high dose Niacin everyday.

Only thing I'm currently taking is 1g of TMG per day. Trying to eat more foods like eggs, spirulina, smoked salmon too.
Dropped EGCG too. Supplements are not needed unless you want to SUPPLEMENT something else!

Dropped EGCG too. Supplements are not needed unless you want to SUPPLEMENT something else!
MSM will probably work similarly to Betaine/TMG in terms of offering methyl groups in the body. methylfolate and methylcobalamin should help fix undermethylation problems too

MSM will probably work similarly to Betaine/TMG in terms of offering methyl groups in the body. methylfolate and methylcobalamin should help fix undermethylation problems too
How much niacin should someone supplement a day?

How much niacin should someone supplement a day?
Probably none tbh. But if you are, make sure to take some TMG with it. 1g TMG for 1g Niacin should be okay. But as someone who took 3-4g Niacin (flush version) for 3+ months, I can say it's not really worth it, and the side effect of depleting methyl groups is pretty bad. Not to mention what it does with PGD2 and Arachadonic Acid release. Who knows how many possible downstream effects there are. And there's not really an upside to taking it everyday at such high doses.

• +1
Reactions: Rift
Probably none tbh. But if you are, make sure to take some TMG with it. 1g TMG for 1g Niacin should be okay. But as someone who took 3-4g Niacin (flush version) for 3+ months, I can say it's not really worth it, and the side effect of depleting methyl groups is pretty bad. Not to mention what it does with PGD2 and Arachadonic Acid release. Who knows how many possible downstream effects there are. And there's not really an upside to taking it everyday at such high doses.
What are your thoughts on 1500mg-2000 taken every other day?
What would be a safe dosage that one could take everyday?

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on 1500mg-2000 taken every other day?
What would be a safe dosage that one could take everyday?
I don't really think it's safe or necessary to take it every day tbh. High dose Niacin daily helps manic depression similar to paranoid schizophrenia. On the flip side, it can cause depressive symptoms if a normal person takes it everyday. I'd stay away man.

It weakens the efficacy of GABAergic drugs too, causes genetic problems, prevents glutathione from being recycled and increases homocysteine levels which leads to all the side-effects of high homocysteine..

• Cardiovascular disease
  • Heart Attack, Stroke
  • Neural Tube Defects
  • Cancer
  • Liver Disease
  • Depression
  • Peripheral Neuropathy

Dealing with symptoms of undermethylation sucks. Don't do it to yourself. I already did it and now I'm trying to sort out my mess by supplementing with TMG and exercising more.

Also remember you're temporarily preventing the sirtuins from doing their job when you take Niacin because the sirtuins need to facilitate the NAM ------> NAD process.

If you were looking to benefit from higher NAD levels, just take NMN or NR with TMG..
Resveracel by Thorne has NR, TMG and Quercetin (a senolytic).

If you just like the niacin flush. Then just do it once every now and again...

But long term high dose Niacin is really not good at all...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Rift
I don't really think it's safe or necessary to take it every day tbh. High dose Niacin daily helps manic depression similar to paranoid schizophrenia. On the flip side, it can cause depressive symptoms if a normal person takes it everyday. I'd stay away man.

It weakens the efficacy of GABAergic drugs too, causes genetic problems, prevents glutathione from being recycled and increases homocysteine levels which leads to all the side-effects of high homocysteine..

• Cardiovascular disease
  • Heart Attack, Stroke
  • Neural Tube Defects
  • Cancer
  • Liver Disease
  • Depression
  • Peripheral Neuropathy

Dealing with symptoms of undermethylation sucks. Don't do it to yourself. I already did it and now I'm trying to sort out my mess by supplementing with TMG and exercising more.

Also remember you're temporarily preventing the sirtuins from doing their job when you take Niacin because the sirtuins need to facilitate the NAM ------> NAD process.

If you were looking to benefit from higher NAD levels, just take NMN or NR with TMG..

If you just like the niacin flush. Then just do it once every now and again...

But long term high dose Niacin is really not good at all...
Do you mind pming me? I have an offer I think you’d be quite interested in.

Anyone know why I feel amazing when I take it but once it wears off I feel suicidal???

thanks Doc

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Does MSM work too ?
TMG is a better methyl donor all round imo, especially when used to replace the methyl groups that niacin uses. I don't know too much about MSM but I don't think replacing TMG with MSM would be a good substitute