Side I chewed on since childhood is actually slightly worse

O

Ocelot

Someone elab. I've gotten x-rays so I'm certain it's not in my head anymore.

My preferred chewing side was always my right, but my ogee curve is slightly less prominent on the right, and the jaw, although the ramus is longer, there's an antegonial notch. Combine this with the fact that my right mandibular wisdom tooth is at a greater risk of getting impacted than the one on the left (greater tilt angle in relation to the 2nd molar)

On the other hand, side I barely chewed on definitely has less gonion definition, but the ogee curve is noticeably more prominent and there is enough room for the wisdom tooth on that side according to how it's looking now

genetic asymmetry perhaps? But I remember seeing this exact issue talked about by another user months ago, can't be a coincidence

high iq craniofacial growth experts gtfih

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: mewcoper, thecel and 6485b025t
@22Bones @retard got any clue?

you should mouthbreathe on the bad side bro

• JFL
Reactions: mewcoper, lepo2317 and fras
if the middle of your masseters is bigger in your right then thats why your ogee curve is worse there.

do you find the antegonial notch unnatractive?

if the middle of your masseters is bigger in your right then thats why your ogee curve is worse there.

do you find the antegonial notch unnatractive?
the notch is quite minor but I prefer a straight jaw with a lower angle.

The left is straight, BUT the gonion region isn't nearly as defined or large. The ramus looks weaker in general

the notch is quite minor but I prefer a straight jaw with a lower angle.

The left is straight, BUT the gonion region isn't nearly as defined or large. The ramus looks weaker in general
well when you get a little too much lower masseter hypertrophy you do tend to get a slight antegonial notch. so that is normal. look at sam dezz for example (he is always chewing gum).

the left isnt as defined because the lower head of the masseter isnt as large as the right one.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot