Sleep: when and how?

K

kantero

Bronze
1) Whats more important: to sleep 8-10 hours a day or to sleep but in a certain period of time?
2) How much exactly you need to sleep?
3) When you should go to bed?
4) What you should avoid before going to bed?
5) Is it really that important to go to bed at the same time?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I heard its better to sleep at night, 7-9 hours is recommended tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother and Deleted member 6401
Should i go to bed 9PM? 10-11PM? 9-12PM?
9-11 is best for career maxers I'd say.

Chad can sleep at 5am and still get pussy so idk

• +1
1) Whats more important: to sleep 8-10 hours a day or to sleep but in a certain period of time?
The amount of time you should spend sleeping is dependant on your age.
STREPchanges_1.png

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Jockcel
The amount is important and it should be regular. I read some article about people working jobs at night and it doesn't really affect them that much if they sleep in the day but they have to do it in a firm schedule that doesn't change. If you're a NEET going to bed somewhere in the night or at morning it is pretty bad for you

• +1
The amount of time you should spend sleeping is dependant on your age.
STREPchanges_1.png
Nice infographics - one part of problem is solved.

• +1
Just sleep 8-10 hours in the night boyo. That is best.

• +1

It depends on the sleep quality and sleep hygiene, not necessarily the hours of sleep.

That depends on the genes of an individual.

About 1 or 2 hours after the sunset i think.

Eating a big meal, drinking too much water and causing polyuria.

Yes indeed, a proper sleep schedule is important for the body.

You can also use this site to when to wake up based on the REM cycles.

https://sleepyti.me

• +1

1) 8 or 10 is more important than time of day as long as it falls into sleep cycles. You can maintain decent sleep and energy levels at any point of the day as long as you properly plan your sleep around your schedule.

2) There is no amount of sleep you exactly need. There are recommendations, but I believe it's a case by case variant.

3) Go to bed at a time that falls into a sleep cycle and attempt to sleep 20 minutes beforehand (No screens, Tv, Games, Phone, Even reading, etc. before bed.)

4) I'd read before bed and not eat anything loaded on sugar, etc. about an hour or more if you're being serious about it. What I mentioned in point 3 about the 20 minutes beforehand, possibly even extend that longer than 20 minutes if it helps you. When you read make sure to not read anything political or stressful, it's best to read things positive and maybe a topic like philosophy rather than something like the news or obnoxious forms of entertainment. I listen to happy music or calming music as well and it helps me a ton, honestly.

5) I think it is to build a habit and obtain self-discipline. Some people who might work at a hospital or something like that may not have the luxury. Or at college & working a lot, ill family member, etc. My life was infinitely better on a schedule and I gained all my weight, etc. when I wasn't on one.

Links//Resources:

https://sleepcalculator.com/ - Find when you should go to bed

https://justgetflux.com/ - Highly recommend this program. It corrects the lighting of your computer to match the time of day and you can set it around the times you want to wake up, even reminding you ever second hour, or 30 minutes when the time is drawing closer. Getting told "You will wake up in x hours at 4:00 AM" really reinforces it in your head and if you follow through will assist you greatly.

http://www.criticalcactus.com/how-to-sleep-better/ - Good sleep guide, slightly outdated on cycles. Do your own research on REM, etc.

http://www.30figured.com/get-better-sleep/ - Interview with Dr. Neil Stanley (World renowned sleep expert)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lautrec, Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
I sleep 9+ hours a day due to NEETdom

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and HighIQcel
My sleep hack:

I sleep from 6-7pm to 3-4am, I get time to work out and prepare for school beforehand. Really helps. I take 1,5mg melatonin 1.5h before

• +1
I want to sleep forever

• +1
Sleep is cope. Sleepmaxxing is death tbh

• +1
My sleep hack:

I sleep from 6-7pm to 3-4am, I get time to work out and prepare for school beforehand. Really helps. I take 1,5mg melatonin 1.5h before
So do you sleep only 2hrs a day? WTF?

• +1
But trump sleeps for 3 to 4 hours a day and he's alpha.

• +1
I get baggy eyes very very easily. It doesnt help much that I smoke too. Ive found the time you get up to be more influencial then quantity of sleep, ive gone to bed at 4 am and woken up at 7am looking fresher than having a full 12 hour lie in.

Other than sleep length I think hydration before bed is a key factor to healthy looking skin.

If you want to be functional then its all about getting at least 4 hours of REM sleep.

• +1
1) Both are equally important, especially if you're in puberty. Ideally you should head to bed before midnight, otherwise it might be unhealthy.
2) School age children (6-13) should sleep for about 9 to 11 hours, teenagers (14-17) should sleep for about 10 to 13 hours, younger adults (18-25) should sleep for about 7 to 9 hours, and other adults (26-64) should sleep for about 7-9 hours.
3) Going to bed around 8-10 PM always turns out well.
4) Don't use any kind of digital technology, don't use sleeping pills, don't drink alcohol or do any other drugs, don't eat any fatty foods, and don't exercise.
5) Definitely. Although that may not be a possibility for many people.

• +1