So how much Vitamin D and K2 should one take?

AutisticBeaner

AutisticBeaner

Nosebreather
I don't care about making my bones bigger or whatever, I just wanna be healthy (especially in regards to testosterone and such). I've heard the recommended intake from Vitamin D pills is 4000 IU at max. But can't this all be substitued with the Vitamin D you get from sunlight and food? And about K2, what does it even do?

I didn't force you to click on this thread, how could I have bothered you?
I thought there was some replies tbh but I can't be bothered to actually find the answer myself so I was hoping you would do it for me.

20k iu\day + 80 µg k2 +mg

there is close to none d in food and sun isnt high enough. K2 and mg basically is needed to build hormones from vitD

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
Reactions: eyebagcel
Average sunbath in good sun is 30k iu/hour

Some take 100k

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Subhuman Philtrum
On high dosage d, yes. D pumps calcium in your blood which can be dangerous. K2 builds that into bones

On high dosage d, yes. D pumps calcium in your blood which can be dangerous. K2 builds that into bones
and if i were take a milder dosage such as 5000 IU for example?

I think you can get away with 3000iu and no k2, but why. That shit is cheap

K2 is important. Keeps my erections strong (I am a relative oldcel)

I think you can get away with 3000iu and no k2, but why. That shit is cheap
i am seeing an offer on the internet of 5000 iu vitamin d combined with 200mcg k2, does that sound good to you?

Exactly

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
I heard Joe Rogan was taking 5000

• +1
Like any vitamin or mineral, vitamin D can’t work without first being converted into a form your body can absorb. The level to which a vitamin or mineral can be absorbed is known as its “bioavailability”.

Vitamin D’s bioavailability depends on magnesium. The enzymes (in the liver and kidneys) that enable vitamin D metabolism—converting it into its active form, calcitriol—can’t work without sufficient amounts of magnesium to draw upon.

Unconverted, vitamin D can actually increase your calcium levels rather than regulate them as they should. And exceeding your recommended dietary allowance of calcium can stimulate your hormones into drawing the mineral out of your bones—where it’s needed—and depositing it in soft tissues such as arteries.

Vitamin D3 ensures that calcium is absorbed easily and K2 (MK-7) activates the protein, osteocalcin, which integrates calcium into bone. Without D3 and K2, calcium cannot do its job effectively.

• +1
Reactions: OldcelMillennial and AutisticBeaner
I don't care about making my bones bigger or whatever,
It's not what k2 and d3 would do anyway.

They just help with he naturally occuring bone remodelling process. And at copious ammounts they nuke E. But that's a story for another day.

• +1
go out in the sun and eat liver
go out in the sun and eat liver

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Incoming and Finalchad
Like any vitamin or mineral, vitamin D can’t work without first being converted into a form your body can absorb. The level to which a vitamin or mineral can be absorbed is known as its “bioavailability”.

Vitamin D’s bioavailability depends on magnesium. The enzymes (in the liver and kidneys) that enable vitamin D metabolism—converting it into its active form, calcitriol—can’t work without sufficient amounts of magnesium to draw upon.

Unconverted, vitamin D can actually increase your calcium levels rather than regulate them as they should. And exceeding your recommended dietary allowance of calcium can stimulate your hormones into drawing the mineral out of your bones—where it’s needed—and depositing it in soft tissues such as arteries.

Vitamin D3 ensures that calcium is absorbed easily and K2 (MK-7) activates the protein, osteocalcin, which integrates calcium into bone. Without D3 and K2, calcium cannot do its job effectively.
One more thing, so I found an offer of magnesium capsule of which each has 120 magnesium in them. I was thinking 4 of those, meaning 480 mg should be alright, would you agree? And can I take them all at once or is it suggested to wait a certain period between taking the pills?

240 should be sufficient. Time doesnt matter. At best in the evenings because it helps sleep

• +1
I took 18.000 IU daily together with vitamin K and developed a kidney stone. I don’t know for sure if vitamin D caused it tho.... a cousin of mine also had a kidney stone at my age without ever taking vitamin D

I took 18.000 IU daily together with vitamin K and developed a kidney stone. I don’t know for sure if vitamin D caused it tho.... a cousin of mine also had a kidney stone at my age without ever taking vitamin D
might be something genetic then, this article says "vitamin D deficiency is highly prevalent among stone formers:

how painful was it?

might be something genetic then, this article says "vitamin D deficiency is highly prevalent among stone formers:

how painful was it?
Most painful shit I’ve ever experienced tbh. First I started to pee a bit of blood, then the pain started. It went on for roughly 4 days and it came in bursts. I would wake up from the pain and literally scream... it was a small stone tho (3x3 mm) and ever since stopping vitamin D I never developed a stone again. I peed the stone out in the end. The pain stopped immediately. I was very deficient when I started supplementing vit D (12 ng/ml) and when the kidney stone came I had levels of 54 ng/ml.. quite an adequate level

Last edited:
  • Woah
Body rate limits you to about 10,000 IU a day from the sun, pills probably way less efficient, but stick to 5000-10000IUs from pill. Need about 600mg of Magnesium a day. Need decent amount of preformed Vitamin A. Vitamin K should be MK4, but MK7 is beneficial as well, best to take both.

• +1
Vitamin K2 you can take up to 45 mg a day, but make sure its MK4. MK7 you have to take a way lower dose.

My take: Aim for a 25-OH-D blood level of at least 70 ng/ml (preferably more, up to 150 ng/ml). At least 200 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 per day and around 600 mg of elemental magnesium to help vitamin D utilization and to prevent soft tissue calcification.

You‘ll also want to address vitamin A intake when attaining a high blood level of vitamin D.

• +1
I take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3, and 100mcg of Vitamin k2 MK-7 per day.