So jaw implants must be removed later in life one way or another?

Deleted member 616

Deleted member 616

BeChadOrDieTryin'
Like 20-30 years after the surgery due to infection/ bone erosion. Many people confirmed this online and my surgeon said the same.

So there’s no way to correct a narrow jaw permanently? I’m not necessarily doing it because I gotta see if narrow jaw looks good on me after genio first.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 470
People who add this shit into their bodies are retarded tbh. So much potential for future complications. Unless you are rich it's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: yundanfengqing, Deleted member 4383, Salludon and 9 others
Like 20-30 years after the surgery due to infection/ bone erosion. Many people confirmed this online and my surgeon said the same.

So there’s no way to correct a narrow jaw permanently? I’m not necessarily doing it because I gotta see if narrow jaw looks good on me after genio first.
- lipofilling (filler with fat injection) is Permanent
- chin wing is permanent

the first costs 2000-5000 euros (sometimes you have to do it twice because the body absorbs 40% of the fat injected)

I don't know the price of the chin wing

Last edited:
- lipofilling (filler with fat injection) is Permanent
- chin wing is permanent

the first costs 2000-5000 euros (sometimes you have to do it twice because the body absorbs 40% of the fat injected)

I don't know the price of the chin wing
Yeah I've always been skeptical of implants. Is lipofilling the only way besides implants to augment the lower third? Tell me more about them

Does it make your face look bloated though?

That’s for chin not jaw width
lipofilling does not make your face look bloated, lipofilling gives the same aesthetic effect of fillers, but liquid fat is used instead of liquid hyarulonicnacid.

Chin wing has an ambiguous name and because this surgery does not change the chin.
chin wing consists in cutting the lower part of your jaw bone and widening it in order to enhance the jawline or fix narrow jaw.
chin wing is called like this because the lower part of the jaw bone gets widened at jaw angle but remains attached to the chin

• +1
Reactions: Usum and Deleted member 616
lipofilling does not make your face look bloated, lipofilling gives the same aesthetic effect of fillers, but liquid fat is used instead of liquid hyarulonicnacid.

Chin wing has an ambiguous name and because this surgery does not change the chin.
chin wing consists in cutting the lower part of your jaw bone and widening it in order to enhance the jawline or fix narrow jaw.
chin wing is called like this because the lower part of the jaw bone gets widened at jaw angle but remains attached to the chin
Thanks for the info

Does this always happen with all types of implant materials?
Yes, that’s why my surgeon never advised me to go for implants, for jaw or for chin.

• +1
Reactions: yundanfengqing

Indeed I have read the same. You can gain some width with a chin wing osteotomy, it is possible but limited. It can also give you a longer ramus and smaller gonial angle with some CCW angle. I might do that surgery one day, many small improvements in one.
drI7uhJ.png

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: DidntRead and Deleted member 616
Indeed I have read the same. You can gain some width with a chin wing osteotomy, it is possible but limited. It can also give you a longer ramus and smaller gonial angle with some CCW angle. I might do that surgery one day, many small improvements in one.
drI7uhJ.png
My intergonial width is 2cm shorter than my interzygomatic width :feelscry:

A standard chin wing doesn't really add any width, but you can make additional cuts (ie side wing) that allows the jawline to be angled outwards in the same procedure.

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel and Deleted member 616
So what if looksmaxing stuff needs to be removed in 20-30 years? The youngest you can get it is likely 18 and the earliest they’ll be removed is 38. jfl if you think you’re going to slay past 40.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TopzCat1, mikeock, Nosecel9000 and 5 others
it's worth it to look good when you are young.

what do chin wings even fix? to be honest i cant imagine it being better than a genio.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 1862

is lipoffiling the same as fat graftling ?
I mean, i want definitively to have a better eye area, but fat graflting don't last
don't know if in the long term, it's better having good tier - very good tier lower third or eye area.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
what about chin implants??

No, infection is extremely unlikely several months after implantation (assuming you go with silicone) as a capsule of tissue forms around the implant.

As for bone erosion, one of the best facial implantation surgeons in the world (Dr. Joe Niamtu) claims that while he see's bone erosion in time to time, he has never seen a case where the implant was fixated with titanium screws.

it's the micromovements that your tissue / muscles place on the implant over the years when it's not fixated that causes erosion.

TL;DR Make sure your fucking implants are fixated with titanium screws and silicone.

There's a huge article Dr. Niamtu wrote on this, with legitimate pictures and examples backing this up

Fuck me I should make an entire thread on this tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, yundanfengqing, TylerDurden and 9 others
No, infection is extremely unlikely several months after implantation (assuming you go with silicone) as a capsule of tissue forms around the implant.

As for bone erosion, one of the best facial implantation surgeons in the world (Dr. Joe Niamtu) claims that while he see's bone erosion in time to time, he has never seen a case where the implant was fixated with titanium screws.

it's the micromovements that your tissue / muscles place on the implant over the years when it's not fixated that causes erosion.

TL;DR Make sure your fucking implants are fixated with titanium screws and silicone.

There's a huge article Dr. Niamtu wrote on this, with legitimate pictures and examples backing this up

Fuck me I should make an entire thread on this tbh.

It's nice to see someone who's actually done some research lmao all kinds of low iq in this thread

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Linoob
It's nice to see someone who's actually done some research lmao all kinds of low iq in this thread

Oath.

My current chin implant is infected and has to be removed.

It wasn't until I experienced complications that I did autistic levels of research

tl;dr most surgeons will cuck you, do your fucking research

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and Deleted member 1862
Oath.

It wasn't until I experienced complications that I did autistic levels of research

This is why I'm a proponent of osteotomy over implant where possible. The initial recovery may be more gruelling but its worth it for the permanency.

• +1
Reactions: yundanfengqing and toptearmm
Oath.

What kind of complications did you have? What was the first sign of infection?

What kind of complications did you have? What was the first sign of infection?

Small abscess on internal suture line, small pus leakage, some mild swelling, redness, tenderness

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 616

in 20-30 years it doesn't matter for shit anyway. JFL if you plan to live past 30 years old.

Same for infraorbital rim implants???

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 1862
People who add this shit into their bodies are retarded tbh. So much potential for future complications. Unless you are rich it's not worth the hassle.
If I was a jaw cel, you don't know how many years I'd be willing to sacrifice to not be an incel in my prime. If you can't find a good ltr you can't enjoy the rest of your life.

• +1
Reactions: Linoob
in 20-30 years it doesn't matter for shit anyway. JFL if you plan to live past 30 years old.

Look at Jared Leto aka. Jared Life-fuel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
chin wings dont add vertical length right?
It usually should since you are moving the lower border of the mandible forward along the mandible which is already downwards sloping. So by extending the length of the mandible, the chin should in principle reach further forward and slightly downwards. But it also depends how you angle the cut segment. It is often rotated slightly ccw to get a more horizonthally angled jawline, increasing the ramus and reducing the vertical heightening of the chin somewhat. These movements are tailored for each case depending on your goals.

Mine added a bit of vertical length to the chin even though that wasn't my main goal.

Same for infraorbital rim implants???

For all implants. Malar implants are particularly bad, basically anywhere that’s interconnected w a large concentration of blood vessels etc is high risk.

Infraorbital implants from Eppley cost like 27k right? For 3k more you can get mlf3 lol, food for thought.

For all implants. Malar implants are particularly bad, basically anywhere that’s interconnected w a large concentration of blood vessels etc is high risk.

Infraorbital implants from Eppley cost like 27k right? For 3k more you can get mlf3 lol, food for thought.

what's MLF3 ?

is somewhat bimax about implants ?

Modified lefort 3, but I don’t like that name tbh it makes scares too many people off.

It’s a malar advancement.
is somewhat bimax about implants ?
Not sure what you mean here

Modified lefort 3, but I don’t like that name tbh it makes scares too many people off.

It’s a malar advancement.

Not sure what you mean here

modified lefort III is not quite dangerous ? ZSO is not better ?

I mean, for the bimax, you have metallic stuffs in your mouth forever, so it's a kind of implant no ?

Jaw implants are fucking dumb. Just get orthodontic surgery.

What happens upon injury? What happens when someone knocks your face? What happens in 20 years once you have settled with hot bitch and your jaw implant has to be removed because of bone erosion and you suddenly look dogshit and everyone laughs at you?

Same for cheekbone implants.

Just use fillers or get orthodontic surgery. Implants are cope.
Everyone says this until they get to 30, then suddenly start pushing goalposts "hurr, hurr, I'm still young, it is 35 when its truly over"

LMAO, talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

I truly respect a person who cuts his jugular at 29 or overdoses heroin not to become oldcel trash.

But I'm yet to see such brave souls.

Last edited:
modified lefort III is not quite dangerous ? ZSO is not better ?

I mean, for the bimax, you have metallic stuffs in your mouth forever, so it's a kind of implant no ?

ZSO only gives lateral projection & for the most part the results are more subtle.

Yeah you’ll have titanium screws but that’s it, totally different.

ZSO only gives lateral projection & for the most part the results are more subtle.

Yeah you’ll have titanium screws but that’s it, totally different.

will they last till death ?

I just need infraorbital rims tbh. I don’t want more cheekbones because mine are already good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
I just need infraorbital rims tbh. I don’t want more cheekbones because mine are already good
Are you planning to go to Taban for eye area?
What happens upon injury? What happens when someone knocks your face? What happens in 20 years once you have settled with hot bitch and your jaw implant has to be removed because of bone erosion and you suddenly look dogshit and everyone laughs at you?
Also this makes me laugh. LTRs and marraige will result in cheating by chance. At 20 years from now, there would be nothing you could do about looks because you're too old and it doesn't matter nearly as much.

Are you planning to go to Taban for eye area?

Also this makes me laugh. LTRs and marraige will result in cheating by chance. At 20 years from now, there would be nothing you could do about looks because you're too old and it doesn't matter nearly as much.
Yeah, he’s closer than Eppley and I could also pair it with another surgery.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Yeah, he’s closer than Eppley and I could also pair it with another surgery.
How long would it take to travel there and come back to college? I'm attending a coop program so my summers literall aren't free. I think I get 2-3 weeks between school term and work term.

How long would it take to travel there and come back to college? I'm attending a coop program so my summers literall aren't free. I think I get 2-3 weeks between school term and work term.
I’m in his region and I have long summers. I would do my rhino first because I have a deviated septum that needs to be fixed.

• +1
I’m in his region and I have long summers. I would do my rhino first because I have a deviated septum that needs to be fixed.
Oh he does rhino too? I don't have to go there again post-op right? It's just surgery then recover wherever?

Oh he does rhino too? I don't have to go there again post-op right? It's just surgery then recover wherever?
No, he doesn’t do rhinos and I think you may but I’m not too sure.

• +1
If you're talking about Taban he usually requires you to stay a few days for checkup (until 4 days postop in my case IIRC), but you don't need to come back again. And no he doesn't do rhinos or anything non eye related.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and Deleted member 2846
If you're talking about Taban he usually requires you to stay a few days for checkup (until 4 days postop in my case IIRC), but you don't need to come back again. And no he doesn't do rhinos or anything non eye related.
What did you get done? I’m thinking of going to Taban for eye work. Is he worth the PSL hype?

What did you get done? I’m thinking of going to Taban for eye work. Is he worth the PSL hype?

yea hes legit, iv seen before and afters from ppl who went to him and he legit ascends eye areas imo

• +1