SOLID GYM WORKOUT ROUTINE

UNINVITED

UNINVITED

Iron
Hey guys, sharing 2 pretty good gym routines.
Both are really solid, can be done in 1 hour and it's great for all rookies, intermediate or advanced lifters.
Personally i prefer the second one to save some time.

Coolcicada's Push/Pull/Legs
Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders).

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

* I did not list any warm-up exercises. *

Spiderman997
Legs:
Squat
Hack squat
Leg extensions
Hamstring curls
SLDL
Calves

Push:
Bench press
DB incline bench
DB seated press
DB side raises
Rope pushdowns

Pull:
Deadlift
Weighted pull-ups
Face pulls
Chest supported rows
Incline DB curls
Hammer curls

• +1
Reactions: EllenJoy, MiroslavBulldosex and Mayorga
S

Last edited:

hehe

Attachments

• original(1).gif
    original(1).gif
    970.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm basically running the first one with some minor changes - only incline bench, weighted dips and cable lateral raises for the push and pull-ups, t-bar rows and rear delt flys with some armwrestling-based forearm training at the end.

redpill me on what I could be doing better

I'm basically running the first one with some minor changes - only incline bench, weighted dips and cable lateral raises for the push and pull-ups, t-bar rows and rear delt flys with some armwrestling-based forearm training at the end.

redpill me on what I could be doing better

I would swap out the Dips for the Overhead Press, way harder and gives you better aesthetic. I don't really like to train my forearm, if I do my Pullups hard enough I don't have any more grip strength left but it's just a matter of preferences. Add some curls (Cheat curl if you want overall bigger biceps or Hammer curl if you want bigger lateral bicep)

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
Why would you add shrugs in push day?

Why would you add shrugs in push day?
Because you're training your traps with the overhead press during push day. You can do it on pull day too, it's just a preference. Personally I don't do it anymore, I just deadlift.

• +1
Reactions: Buddha and Deleted member 3163
I would swap out the Dips for the Overhead Press, way harder and gives you better aesthetic. I don't really like to train my forearm, if I do my Pullups hard enough I don't have any more grip strength left but it's just a matter of preferences. Add some curls (Cheat curl if you want overall bigger biceps or Hammer curl if you want bigger lateral bicep)

I formulated my comment like a retard now that I take a second look at it.

My pull consists of pull ups, t-bar rows, sitting cable rows, rear delt flys, bicep curls with supinated/pronated grip and some armwrestling forearm training at the end. +cardio

Push is incline bench, cable flys, OHP, dips, cable lateral raises + cardio

I formulated my comment like a retard now that I take a second look at it.

My pull consists of pull ups, t-bar rows, sitting cable rows, rear delt flys, bicep curls with supinated/pronated grip and some armwrestling forearm training at the end. +cardio

Push is incline bench, cable flys, OHP, dips, cable lateral raises + cardio
Still leave out the dips, you're already doing a vertical pushing (OHP) so it's just a waste of time. If you want bigger tricep you can add cable tricep extension if you want a bigger pecs add barbell bench press/weighted pushups/planche push up.
I would also leave out the sitting cable rows because it trains the same muscle group of the t-bar rows. Train your t-bar rows harder because if you do you shouldn't have any energy left for the sitting cable rows.
Keep it simple with the old school lifts, you're doing great :)

Last edited:
Still leave out the dips, you're already doing a vertical pushing (OHP) so it's just a waste of time.

makes sense, just kinda used to the dips from my calisthenics days.

I would also leave out the sitting cable rows because it trains the same muscle group of the t-bar rows.

worth mentioning that I do t-bar rows on a machine-like thing, as the one seen here
082bfa9d4e39f6c8fadcb3f753c339e1.png
while using a wide-hand grip in order to target the rear delts once more since they are kinda lagging. then, I do the seated rows with the classic narrow grip for the back focus.

also, ty for insights.

makes sense, just kinda used to the dips from my calisthenics days.

worth mentioning that I do t-bar rows on a machine-like thing, as the one seen here
082bfa9d4e39f6c8fadcb3f753c339e1.png
while using a wide-hand grip in order to target the rear delts once more since they are kinda lagging. then, I do the seated rows with the classic narrow grip for the back focus.

also, ty for insights.
If you want bigger rear delts you can do the rear delt flys on the rear delt machine, that shit will hit it harder. Leave out the The t-bar and go harder on the seated rows or do barbell rows.
Btw I do calisthenics too and I think dips are one of the most overrated exercise. Sure it's decent if you're amateur but if you want to get stronger you can learn Planche Push up, even weighted push up are better than dips.

• +1
Reactions: EllenJoy and Mayorga
classic bodybuilding.com routine good shit