"something happened 200 years ago and nobody has an edge-to-edge bite anymore - and I have no freaking idea why"

Mouthbreath

Mouthbreath

Looksmaxer
From the NY times article on John and Mike MEW:

When I asked her if she’d ever seen an ancient specimen with crooked teeth, she didn’t hesitate: “No, not one. Ever.” Most of the skulls in the Penn collection date from a 40,000-year period starting late in the Stone Age and ending around 300 years ago, yet “they all have an edge-to-edge bite,” “robust” jaws and “perfect” occlusion, Monge said.

But then, in specimens from people who lived two centuries ago or less, Monge noted a striking change: The edge-to-edge bite completely disappears, and malocclusion suddenly runs rampant. She pointed to a skull on a nearby shelf — that of a woman who lived in 19th-century North America. Unlike the ancient skulls, this postindustrial woman’s maxilla was crinkled and small; the teeth that remained sat crammed together. “I always told my students, ‘Something happened 200 years ago and nobody has an edge-to-edge bite anymore — and I have no freaking idea why,’” Monge said.

She took the skull of a preindustrial Siberian man out of her container and clicked the mandible into place. The bone was thick; the teeth met so neatly that they appeared pulled from an Invisalign ad. Monge laughed, her open mouth revealing a pair of missing molars. She cradled the skull in her hand. “Isn’t that just perfect?”

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 9779, Agendum and 7 others

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9779, AscendingHero, PrisonMike and 14 others
This sounds like Grave digger's diary

GigaCope. I have an edge to edge bite

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero
dude please this is an actually important topic, unlike 99/100 threads that are posted here
bro I just bumped ur dogshit thread. u should thank me tbh ngl ded srs

• JFL
Reactions: g00lian, EdwardCullen, Deleted member 4416 and 5 others
GigaCope. I have an edge to edge bite
me too, but only after braces. Also literally nobody had any kind of malocclustion before 200 years, just imagine that. Yes there might still be people whose jaws are not deformed jfl, congratulations. But so many cases nowadays of narrow and recessed jaws leading to crooked teeth

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum, mulattomaxxer and s3-s3
me too, but only after braces. Also literally nobody had any kind of malocclustion before 200 years, just imagine that. Yes there might still be people whose jaws are not deformed jfk, congratulations. But so many cases nowadays of narrow and recessed jaws leading to crooked teeth
Agreed.
I’m the only one between my brothers that have a wide palate and literally everyone at my college except for one 1% have a small palate with a norrow bite

bro I just bumped ur dogshit thread. u should thank me tbh ngl ded srs
dogshit? where all other threads are fucking mog battles and other braindead stuff. this is it, I'm out. This site is full of teenagers whose life consists of laughing about funny gifs. Completely destroyed their brains, frying their dopamine receptors, the rep system prolly did this...

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Agendum, AscendingHero, wateriswet and 5 others
Agreed.
I’m the only one between my brothers that have a wide palate and literally everyone at my college except for one 1% have a small palate with a norrow bite
I obv don'T have a good bite, still narrow as fuck, and it's only edge to edge now, because my maxilla was pulled BACKWARDS, in an attempt to meet my lower teeth. Now the bite is good, but my face looks subhuman and recessed

I obv don'T have a good bite, still narrow as fuck, and it's only edge to edge now, because my maxilla was pulled BACKWARDS, in an attempt to meet my lower teeth. Now the bite is good, but my face looks subhuman and recessed
Where u given headgear?

When I asked her if she’d ever seen an ancient specimen with crooked teeth, she didn’t hesitate: “No, not one. Ever.” Most of the skulls in the Penn collection date from a 40,000-year period starting late in the Stone Age and ending around 300 years ago, yet “they all have an edge-to-edge bite,” “robust” jaws and “perfect” occlusion, Monge said.

But then, in specimens from people who lived two centuries ago or less, Monge noted a striking change: The edge-to-edge bite completely disappears, and malocclusion suddenly runs rampant. She pointed to a skull on a nearby shelf — that of a woman who lived in 19th-century North America. Unlike the ancient skulls, this postindustrial woman’s maxilla was crinkled and small; the teeth that remained sat crammed together. “I always told my students, ‘Something happened 200 years ago and nobody has an edge-to-edge bite anymore — and I have no freaking idea why,’” Monge said.

She took the skull of a preindustrial Siberian man out of her container and clicked the mandible into place. The bone was thick; the teeth met so neatly that they appeared pulled from an Invisalign ad. Monge laughed, her open mouth revealing a pair of missing molars. She cradled the skull in her hand. “Isn’t that just perfect?”

The tribals in Australia had perfect bone structure and palate till Western invasion. My theory is most people in earlier times who survived to adulthood had perfect health, perfect development and immunity.
Bad development and growth= bad genes and the people carrying bad genes might have not survived till adulthood. Even in my father's family lot's of children have died before reaching 18 . But now people with bad development can survive thanks to modern medicine.

• +1
Reactions: TITUS, SadnessWYJ, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 3 others
why does this read like a reddit horror story post?

The tribals in Australia had perfect bone structure and palate till Western invasion. My theory is most people in earlier times who survived to adulthood had perfect health, perfect development and immunity.
Bad development and growth= bad genes and the people carrying bad genes might have not survived till adulthood. Even in my father's family lot's of children have died before reaching 18 . But now people with bad development can survive thanks to modern medicine.
it's not just surviving of the fittest. Environment shapes you literally. Almost nobody (maybe 1 in 10000 Idk) was over 1.90 in certain times of the medieval ages where they only had agriculture. Thinking about it, agriculture really might be from the devil himself.

whoever wrote this should focus on novels not articles jfl

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
this is how good newspaper articles are written
no. Good newspaper article should be concise and informative. This one reads like a novel and its longer than it needs to be

no. Good newspaper article should be concise and informative. This one reads like a novel and its longer than it needs to be
if you want facts, there are faster ways to get them. Also most people just want entertainment. there is a reason this guy writes for the new york times

if you want facts, there are faster ways to get them. Also most people just want entertainment. there is a reason this guy writes for the new york times
Yea NYT is dogshit these days

? wtf are you serious? u literally are just admitting to having the attention span / reading comprehension of a goldfish JFL retard

Picture of edge to edge bite?

Probably a combination of dietary changes and subhumans surviving under civilized industrial conditions, but not in the "wild". There has been a subhuman baby boom thanks to food availability, medicines, sanitation and other perks brought by industrialization.

The question is, are this subhumans helping civilization (being ugly but high IQ engineers and scientists, etc.)? or are they subhuman in every sense (niggers) and bringing civilization down? Most likely the second, and why should we be content with subhumans when we can be superhumans?

I thought an edge to edge bite is bad

What is an edge to edge bite? My wisdom teeth don't touch yet tbh. I think they are still growing in

I genuinely want to professionally compare my skull to early humans such as the cro magnon and other hunter gatherer humans
I only know a small handful of people irl that have skull shapes like mine

D08115C5 778A 4F8B ACD1 12E2EFE67E92

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6095

Wait so is an edge to edge bite, incisor to incisor tooth contact legit? Should we be jutting?

Age demographics did this. Site needs an 21+ section.

I might be misguided into thinking that this website is anything other than a Gen Z data harvesting operation though.
dogshit? where all other threads are fucking mog battles and other braindead stuff. this is it, I'm out. This site is full of teenagers whose life consists of laughing about funny gifs. Completely destroyed their brains, frying their dopamine receptors, the rep system prolly did this...

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Neuromuscular dentist Dr. Dwight Jennings talks about this and realigns people's bites to be end-on-end to correct TMD.