Staring-at-the-wallmaxxing

kierkegaard

kierkegaard

Iron
I've seen several threads here on being unable to study, concentrate, etc. And a few on a general feeling of boredom, directionlessness, misery and ennui.

Many of you "check" various forums throughout the day, and this is your downfall. Any meaningful work requires suffering through periods of confusion, aggravation, boredom. The knee-jerk response is to immediately escape this feeling and get a hit of dopamine by visiting one of these sites. Even in the hypothetical best case scenario, uncovering a highly amusing and creative post for example, the satisfaction is fleeting: it's never enough, since it's not really what you want. Eventually you cling to any feeling of amusement, silently scrolling through content, bored, lonely, and miserable.

The alternative is to confront yourself with your existence. Use your internet only when you have a reason to use it. If you're working and you get tired, that's fine, that is human. It's not a valid excuse for addictive amusement, though. That is a false dichotomy. Instead, if you need a break, stare at the wall. It's actually quite refreshing. In that moment, you will be you: nothing more, nothing less. Within a few minutes, you'll be ready to start working again.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: yayatourer, ShtThreadKillYourslf, Deleted member 12413 and 30 others
Not a bad thread. I prefer to close my eyes and meditate, but it’s the same thing.

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer
Oh my god this is me.

My life is shit so I cope with threads about how to fix my life, but it's the forums themselves that make my life, not my life itself.

I guess I just need to suffer through my problems instead of running to this site to get the dopamine that comes from talking about my problems.

• +1
Reactions: twilight, Deleted member 15854, Need2Ascend and 5 others
This site is such a splurge on our miserable existence. I already know everything I need to do to ascend but I keep browsing these pointless threads that add no value to my life.

This forum is addictive asf. I have never been so addicted to a forum before...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: yayatourer, Daffity, ManletBlackcel and 8 others
I’ve been coming to this realization recently and noticed how this exact pattern of behavior has held me back for almost 3 years of my life. The fact of the matter is that if you don’t walk today, you’ll have to run tomorrow essentially, and by trying to distance myself from my responsibilities and problems until the last minute when I have to confront them I’ve made them out to be more difficult than they really are. The thing about doing anything in life is being able to face and learn from setbacks early on so that you know what to do in the future, and that attaining perfection in one try is hardly realistic.

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer, ManletBlackcel, Hero of the Imperium and 2 others
I've seen several threads here on being unable to study, concentrate, etc. And a few on a general feeling of boredom, directionlessness, misery and ennui.

Many of you "check" various forums throughout the day, and this is your downfall. Any meaningful work requires suffering through periods of confusion, aggravation, boredom. The knee-jerk response is to immediately escape this feeling and get a hit of dopamine by visiting one of these sites. Even in the hypothetical best case scenario, uncovering a highly amusing and creative post for example, the satisfaction is fleeting: it's never enough, since it's not really what you want. Eventually you cling to any feeling of amusement, silently scrolling through content, bored, lonely, and miserable.

The alternative is to confront yourself with your existence. Use your internet only when you have a reason to use it. If you're working and you get tired, that's fine, that is human. It's not a valid excuse for addictive amusement, though. That is a false dichotomy. Instead, if you need a break, stare at the wall. It's actually quite refreshing. In that moment, you will be you: nothing more, nothing less. Within a few minutes, you'll be ready to start working again.
So when is your Magnus Opus to be released, OP?

You think Balzac was as prolific as he was, staring at the fucking walls in the Chateau de Sache, where he wrote most of La Comedie Humaine?

Just kidding;

but when boredom hits, or when you've hit a seemingly inescapable impasse in your work, I find it's helpful to clear one's thoughts by having a walk, or going for a run, away from one's thoughts and other distractions

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Niggas on here are 14 year old tiktok obsessed zoomers with the attention span of a retarded dog. I fear your advice will be lost on them.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: yayatourer, Crusile, Hero of the Imperium and 3 others
This site is such a splurge on our miserable existence. I already know everything I need to do to ascend but I keep browsing these pointless threads that add no value to my life.

This forum is addictive asf. I have never been so addicted to a forum before...
I managed to stay away for 1 month, the trick is to tell yourself that everyone on the site is a bunch of insects that are below you (not in looks necessarily but in life), and then you force yourself to stay away for a few days, then the addiction goes away, until you come back of course.

IQ >9000

• +1
The humor here Is funny as fuck tho

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer and Hero of the Imperium
keep working genetic slaves

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
greycels carrying my mental health :feelswhy::love:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: yayatourer, Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 18840

Follow hamzas dopamine detox and stare at a wall for 3 days no electronics, then go into monk mode

• JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
kierkegaard coming in once every 3 months with a banger post

Confirmed + fax. Had to deal with a multitude of hardships throughout life and the best thing was sitting and staring at a blank white lifeless soulless wall in complete loneliness and silence under a bright neon white light and a cup of coffee. Multiple complicated problems and situations have been solved that way.

A healthier alternative is walking. A big distance. Shit makes me a fucking philosopher to rival the ancient greeks.

• +1