Static hold neck training.

R

Redwhiteandbluepill

Kraken
Will this work to improve neck size? Side bends are awkwrd for me so I rather hold the position with a weight.

the military has switched to mostly static abdominal training as sit ups have been shown to be bad for the spine

The neck is the most delicate part of the spine.

per theory, hyperplasia should be more legit than hypertrophy

• +1
Reactions: RoundHouse
yeah isometric training is also a way of training the neck, but it wont be effective AS MUCH AS concentric and eccentric training,meaning where you raise your head up and down, since thats where most damage happens to tissues.

isometric training is better fit for endurance purposes i would say therefore i would advise it mostly to people who have daily jobs or athletes that requires keeping head in same place for extended periods of time like IT guys, or professional drivers like nascar etc.

what you can do however is you can include static pauses, at start,during or at the end of the sets, to understanding better :

lets say if you are going to do 20 reps regulary, at the start of set in contracted position do static holds for 40 seconds, and get your reps in

or during the set do 15 reps but at the end of every rep in contracted position, do static holds for 3 seconds.

or get your 20 reps in, at the end of set hold the contracted position for given time.

out of topic but sit-ups are not necessarily bad given you do them correctly and maybe the lower portion of exercise. but doing them with a curved back and all the way up is a disaster waiting to happen and there are a lot safer and better options anyway.

but i also think the reason military changed to more isometric exercises is because it is more "task specific". during military training and operations there are lots of actions that require stabilization of abdominals like, holding rifles,shooting, running with a rifle, jumping over obstacles, climbing etc. therefore choosing exercises that stimulate same action is indeed more beneficial for military endeavors.

situps are more fitting for bodybuilders as their goal is to hypertrophy the abs

hope it helped you,ask more if you got any questions.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and far336