Structural Fat Grafting > Chin Implants

D

Deleted member 1100

Kraken
This is one of my threads on lookism:

Fat grafting has been performed by plastic surgeons for decades. There is no question that fat is the ideal material for soft tissue augmentation, and that the results obtained with fat grafting are the most natural-appearing. However, one problem with this procedure in years past has been resorption (breakdown) of the grafted fat, so that the resulting improvement is not permanent. The grafted fat must gain its own blood supply in its new location in order to persist long-term, and this generally is not possible when large amounts are injected at once and when specialized instrumentation and techniques are not employed.

A relatively new technique has been developed called structural fat grafting, in which small amounts (less than 0.1 cc at a time) of fat are carefully microinjected in a series of discrete layers to gradually 'build' new soft tissue structure. As there is space between each microinjection, new blood vessels are able to grow into the grafted fat, allowing it to persist. If this process of blood vessel ingrowth (neovascularization) does not occur, then the injected tissue cannot truly be considered a 'graft' and is instead just another 'soft tissue filler' of limited duration.
Fat Grafting requires specialized training and specialized surgical instruments, as well as patience and attention to detail on the part of the surgeon. When performed properly, permanent improvements facial plastic surgery are possible.

My preference is to use structural fat grafting, as much as possible, to enhance facial features. In many cases, the need for a solid implant can be eliminated by the careful and meticulous grafting of a patient's own fat. While the incidence of complications with facial implants is not high, certain problems may develop which require implant removal including infection and implant migration. Bone resorption (bone loss) has also been reported below solid facial implants. Neither of these problems are an issue with structural fat grafting.

The only setting in which I currently use a solid facial implant is for chin implant augmentation. Some patients with a 'weak' chin profile can be adequately improved by structural fat grafting alone. However, when the chin protrusion needs to be enhanced by a half centimeter or more, a chin implant is absolutely required. I prefer to use a soft, flexible, anatomic chin implant that conservatively enhances the anterior projection of the chin in profile. The chin implant is placed through an incision hidden underneath the chin, an area where many people already have a scar from a fall in childhood.

Moderate enhancement of chin projection in appropriate patients can dramatically enhance the profile, in a manner that is completely natural-appearing. It is remarkable how increasing chin prominence in some patients will reduce the apparent prominence of the nose, and restore an overall sense of harmony and balance to facial features.

On average, the cost of fat transfer is $4,500 depending on the extent of the procedure and the type of anesthesia used.

Not sure how much implants are but I'd gladly pay more to have fat transfer than implant something alien inside in my body, it just doesn't feel right

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, MadMong and xForgotMyName
suddenly you become high T and shred all the fat away withing few weeks lol

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, vHenri and Stingray
why would I rather have a fat chin than a fucking huge square one?

suddenly you become high T and shred all the fat away withing few weeks lol

GQbTGIb.gif

You know that shit makes no sense right? Because you're increasing the number of fat on the chin, so if you get leaner you'll still have a bigger chin than before.
why would I rather have a fat chin than a fucking huge square one?

It depends of how much of a chincel you're tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
is this real fat consistency or more concentrated/harder ?

• +1
is this real fat consistency or more concentrated/harder ?

Real fat, so it probably is harder than fillers.

If you don't need much volume I honestly think it's the best option

• +1
Real fat, so it probably is harder than fillers.

If you don't need much volume I honestly think it's the best option
Duration ?
would consider this

• +1
If it's structural fat grafting = ~70% of the fat transferred becomes permanent
real permanent ? even if I go auschwitz with roids I wont lose it ?

real permanent ? even if I go auschwitz with roids I wont lose it ?

It becomes real fat, so if you lose BF you'll lose he size too, it gets back if you bulk up again though. It also gets bigger if you get fat, so there's that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2846
It becomes real fat, so if you lose BF you'll lose he size too, it gets back if you bulk up again though. It also gets bigger if you get fat, so there's that
That’s honestly so clutch.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
No, unfortunately fat grafting is generally a bad idea for the lower third area especially in men. Not only because you will not get any definition (you need something that mimics hard tissue/bone augmentation and that is an alloplastic implant) but also because the survival of the grafted fat is very unpredictable, especially when done on young patients.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: daxter779, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2205