It looks like mike tyson socked me in the lower maxilla

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914, slayer69, Luke LLL and 4 others
brb using

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: slayer69, MentalistKebab, Deleted member 2012 and 4 others
why did u get surgical assist. Did u fail to split the suture?

• +1
Reactions: Copeful, Deleted member 7125, SteveRogers and 3 others
why did u get surgical assist. Did u fail to split the suture?

you already start with a split suture
=
more expansion in the maxilla

What he said. I already have a diastema so it’s life fuel. I can expand as much as I want until the appliance can’t give me any more

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Deleted member 7125, The Bleach Pill and 1 other person
Gallons

• JFL
Reactions: Luke LLL
:( at 40 turns with my mse no suture split yet; no surgical assist

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel, highT, Deleted member 685 and 2 others
how did your palate get surgically opened?

How is that possible. With enough turns wouldn’t the suture split? Where else would the maxilla parts go?

How is that possible. With enough turns wouldn’t the suture split? Where else would the maxilla parts go?
Not sure honestly, I'm 19 so I didn't expect my suture to resist this much, the expander is expanding but the screws are bending , I got a cbtc after i got the MSE placed and the screw positions were "excellent" according to the orthodontist

pic attached
IMG 3284

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad, SPFromNY914, Duque5 and 1 other person
Not sure honestly, I'm 19 so I didn't expect my suture to resist this much, the expander is expanding but the screws are bending , I got a cbtc after i got the MSE placed and the screw positions were "excellent" according to the orthodontist

pic attached
View attachment 644271
Maybe the screws are sliding, like they are sliding into the bone and not pushing the bone laterally.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Maybe the screws are sliding, like they are sliding into the bone and not pushing the bone laterally.
hm, would that hurt? because I don't really feel any pain, just tension for a few minutes after turning the screw

Go to a maxfac and ask them to split the parts of the maxilla that are resisting. Ronald Ead’s video interview with Dr Vaughan on youtube tells all

how did your palate get surgically opened?
Not that exactly. I went to Dr Vaughan and he cuts the points of the maxilla that give the most resistance to allow the mse to function smoothly. I left the office with a diastema

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and maxmendietta
Resistance to suture split is a common problem with adult males because the bones are less flexible. Sad shit. It causes the mse screws to tip rather than give expansion

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, Agendum and 000
Go to a maxfac and ask them to split the parts of the maxilla that are resisting. Ronald Ead’s video interview with Dr Vaughan on youtube tells all
Can that be done with the MSE in or will I have to get it out and then get another one fitted ?

• +1
Reactions: wagbox
In my opinion every MSE in males over 16-17 should be placed with surgery (meaning it’s not a real MARPE but a SARPE or, more precisely, SMARPE). And by surgery I mean osteotomy, at least the midpalatal one.

But sometimes patients refuse surgery... or prefer to first try without it... as surgery also have some risks.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad, SPFromNY914, Agendum and 2 others
Brb

• +1
Reactions: wagbox
Can that be done with the MSE in or will I have to get it out and then get another one fitted ?
If you have experienced a ton of tipping (which it sounds like you have) you will have to fit another, but ask your ortho first

• +1
Reactions: MulattoTrenMaxxer
If you have experienced a ton of tipping (which it sounds like you have) you will have to fit another, but ask your ortho first

@Mriske Probably it would suffice to unwind the screw now and wait for a couple of months before doing the surgery and then starting the expansion again. But yes, you should check with your ortho first.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Mongrelcel and MulattoTrenMaxxer
In my opinion every MSE in males over 16-17 should be placed with surgery (meaning it’s not a real MARPE but a SARPE or, more precisely, SMARPE). And by surgery I mean osteotomy, at least the midpalatal one.

But sometimes patients refuse surgery... or prefer to first try without it... as surgery also have some risks.

by a midpalatal osteotomy do u mean corticopuncture assisted? my ortho was warning me that some appliances fail to split, even at a younger age, without assistance. would having the suture surgically weakened change any of the expansion effects?

• +1
Reactions: MulattoTrenMaxxer
Anyone know any surgeons in the NYC area who can perform the surgery?

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
by a midpalatal osteotomy do u mean corticopuncture assisted? my ortho was warning me that some appliances fail to split, even at a younger age, without assistance. would having the suture surgically weakened change any of the expansion effects?

No, I mean doing a 2 cm under the nasal spine and actually cutting the bone between the central incisors with a piezoelectric saw.

If a horizontal cut is avoided then the upper midface effects won’t be diminished.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad, mewcoper, highT and 3 others
Swelling actually got worse today JFL

Surprisingly little pain though

No, I mean doing a 2 cm under the nasal spine and actually cutting the bone between the central incisors with a piezoelectric saw.

If a horizontal cut is avoided then the upper midface effects won’t be diminished.
I (age 28) had a failed suture split on my 1st MSE then I got it re-install with corticopuncture. The pattern went as follows (I couldnt see underneath the MSE) with the pattern being multiple punctures forming a two line cuts with stipples in the back ____ ____ [MSE] ::::..

It took about 24 turns in about 2 weeks for the suture to split, with the split occurring as a result of a single turn (diastema forming in the course of one hour w/ tenderness at the front.)

• +1
Reactions: ascentium, SPFromNY914 and highT
I (age 28) had a failed suture split on my 1st MSE then I got it re-install with corticopuncture. The pattern went as follows (I couldnt see underneath the MSE) with the pattern being multiple punctures forming a two line cuts with stipples in the back ____ ____ [MSE] ::::..

It took about 24 turns in about 2 weeks for the suture to split, with the split occurring as a result of a single turn (diastema forming in the course of one hour w/ tenderness at the front.)

Yes, I also explain cases like yours to my patients.

But I think it’s better to get the suture split from the beginning of the fist expander. That’s my opinion.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and goat2x
Yes, I also explain cases like yours to my patients.

But I think it’s better to get the suture split from the beginning of the fist expander. That’s my opinion.
Do you usually See improvements in cheekbone/eye area/bone Support in your MSE patients?
Or anyone that had MSE itt, did you notice a difference?

Had SMARPE, 12mm expansion, the first few days were hell, but i have never been able to breathe through my nose so good.

Even with the horizontal cut, after the swelling went down, 3 people have said my zygos and face look wider, i have no idea how much hard mewing is affecting those results, but when I hard mew, it is noticeably easier to nose breathe.

Pic is 2 weeks before finishing expansion, I expanded at a rate of 2 turns or 0.5mm a day. My surgeon had a similar opinon as @Sergio-OMS about the surgical assistance.

Fasfas

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 6403 and wantfast
Had SMARPE, 12mm expansion, the first few days were hell, but i have never been able to breathe through my nose so good.

Even with the horizontal cut, after the swelling went down, 3 people have said my zygos and face look wider, i have no idea how much hard mewing is affecting those results, but when I hard mew, it is noticeably easier to nose breathe.

Pic is 2 weeks before finishing expansion, I expanded at a rate of 2 turns or 0.5mm a day. My surgeon had a similar opinon as @Sergio-OMS about the surgical assistance.

View attachment 645857
what's horizontal cut?

@Sergio-OMS where are you located and how much do you charge for a surgically assisted mse install?

How long between when you got the first one removed and when you got the second with puncture

pic attached
View attachment 644271
It’s because you have chad tier bone structure that will not let an MSE move it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Chadelite, Agendum and 2 others
@Sergio-OMS where are you located and how much do you charge for a surgically assisted mse install?

Madrid, Spain. My website is on my profile.

Can you PM me or email the office?

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
How long between when you got the first one removed and when you got the second with puncture
I was expanding for over two weeks @2 turns a day I noticed that I was only getting molar tipping and a shifting of rotation of the MSE causing one arm to dig into my gum tissue while the other arm had more space. I had a delay of nearly a couple of months waiting for the new MSE to be made (the 2nd one was made to my ortho's specifications so a 3rd one had to be made.) I had the MSE in my mouth with no expansion for almost 3 months, very frustrating.

It usually takes about a couple of weeks to a month to order and build the appliance, I think its manufactured in China.

It usually takes about a couple of weeks to a month to order and build the appliance, I think its manufactured in China.

Well, I normally get them in 4 working days.

It is manufactured in Korea, but we don't order them, obviously. Local orthodontic labs buy them and adjust them after receiving the model and prescribed design.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
Well, I normally get them in 4 working days.

It is manufactured in Korea, but we don't order them, obviously. Local orthodontic labs buy them and adjust them after receiving the model and prescribed design.
My ortho is in LA, but seeing how quickly you get it makes me think my ortho is took her sweet time. Do orthos stall as insurance to increase the likeliness that they get paid over a period of time if the patient is on a monthly payment plan?

pic attached
View attachment 644271
Did you have corticopuncture or no?

Did you have corticopuncture or no?
No corticopuncture, I'm gonna go see my ortho soon, I'll probably have to get it removed, get a corticopuncture and another MSE installed smh

No corticopuncture, I'm gonna go see my ortho soon, I'll probably have to get it removed, get a corticopuncture and another MSE installed smh

Think and consult with your ortho about stopping the turns for a while. Chew hard foods and even some rubber.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and MulattoTrenMaxxer
Swelling and pain is at its peak (day 3)

• +1
Reactions: ascentium
@Sergio-OMS
Sergio by surgical assist you mean corticopuncture?
Do you think corticopuncture would be enough in a 21 year old male?
Would you be able to give me MSE even if I dont have health issues? And if yes, for how much? I'm from EU as well

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
God damn this shit got taken over by greycels

• JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914
@Sergio-OMS
Sergio by surgical assist you mean corticopuncture?
Do you think corticopuncture would be enough in a 21 year old male?
Would you be able to give me MSE even if I dont have health issues? And if yes, for how much? I'm from EU as well
Surgical assist is a completely different procedure and yes, hardly anyone who gets MSE actually needs it to live

Surgical assist is a completely different procedure and yes, hardly anyone who gets MSE actually needs it to live

How many turns you do per day?

Surgical assist eliminates cheekbone gains from what I know