swimming stroke for frame??

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
is there one stroke that is most effective?

if so whats the point of doing other strokes, when i could focus all my energy towards the one stroke and get really good at that?

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro and Deleted member 6403
the front crawl

There's only one stroke that matters

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8699 and joeveniro
Swimming is overrated for frame. Play football instead. Just look at how big the average NFL player is! Also, don't forget to play basketball so you can grow taller.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940, je3oe, prettyboycel and 1 other person
thanks is that from experience or what
yes I'm a swimmer its the best movement and you will be more motivated to improve that one because it makes you go the fastest

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
Swimming is overrated for frame. Play football instead. Just look at how big the average NFL player is! Also, don't forget to play basketball so you can grow taller.
no mechanically in swimming the clavicle is constantly stressed more while in football its just every time you collide with someone or throw the ball which is periodical, plus swimming requires breath work which is good for the muscles near the ribcage. its not overrated

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Deleted member 4946 and je3oe
This

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
no mechanically in swimming the clavicle is constantly stressed more while in football its just every time you collide with someone or throw the ball which is periodical, plus swimming requires breath work which is good for the muscles near the ribcage. its not overrated
He's being sarcastic. The point is that swimming is not going to help your frame. People who have wide frames are more represented among the best swimmers because their frames make them better at swimming, not because swimming actually lengthens your clavicles. It's the same reason everyone in the nba is tall. Tall people play basketball. Playing basketball doesn't make you tall. The causal arrows only point in one direction.

• +1
Reactions: bdycope and Deleted member 7725
He's being sarcastic. The point is that swimming is not going to help your frame. People who have wide frames are more represented among the best swimmers because their frames make them better at swimming, not because swimming actually lengthens your clavicles. It's the same reason everyone in the nba is tall. Tall people play basketball. Playing basketball doesn't make you tall. The causal arrows only point in one direction.
i feel like clavicles are alot more maleable than leg bomes but ok
its a good skill to have regardless

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
is there one stroke that is most effective?

if so whats the point of doing other strokes, when i could focus all my energy towards the one stroke and get really good at that?
I did mostly the breaststroke. I got wide shoulders but it didn't make my frame big otherwise. Started swimming in my preteens though.

U believe in Lamarck :lul:

I did mostly the breaststroke. I got wide shoulders but it didn't make my frame big otherwise. Started swimming in my preteens though.
yup did Breaststroke too and helped with shoulders and breasts but not so with arms

yup did Breaststroke too and helped with shoulders and breasts but not so with arms
Oh yeah I've always had a good chest proportionally to my other muscles even though my inserts aren't too good. Swimming definitely did that.

Breaststroke sounds like the best for frame. Also freestyle is fine. All strokes are beneficial for physique though.