teeth together

xefo

xefo

is mouth breathing just when ur mouth is open and u breathe through or does it also include when your mouth is closed but teeth are not resting on top of each other

because when my mouth is closed I don't rest my teeth on top of each other

Not an expert on this, but I think teeth should rest on each other when mouth closed.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and xefo
teeth shouldnt rest on each other

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: laske.7, Good_Little_Goy and xefo
Not an expert on this, but I think teeth should rest on each other when mouth closed.
Correction to myself, should be a slight gap between teeth when mouth closed.

look, the reason why mouth breathing is unhealthy compared to nose breathing (aside from the nose filtering out a lot of stuff from the air) is when your mouth is open, the maxilla (upper jaw) and all that's connected to it (cheekbones especially) are subjected to gravity and because the lower jaw is not pushing up against it there's nothing that's holding the maxilla upwards and it will slowly get lower, creating a long midface. what i'm trying to say is you simply need to make sure that something is pushing against the maxilla, like the teeth. when you have that you could even open up your lips (while having your jaws closed) and breathe through your mouth that way, it won't damage the maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 6400 and xefo
look, the reason why mouth breathing is unhealthy compared to nose breathing (aside from the nose filtering out a lot of stuff from the air) is when your mouth is open, the maxilla (upper jaw) and all that's connected to it (cheekbones especially) are subjected to gravity and because the lower jaw is not pushing up against it there's nothing that's holding the maxilla upwards and it will slowly get lower, creating a long midface. what i'm trying to say is you simply need to make sure that something is pushing against the maxilla, like the teeth. when you have that you could even open up your lips (while having your jaws closed) and breathe through your mouth that way, it won't damage the maxilla.
Thats what I thought tbh. So I should have my teeth closed?

Or if i'm mewing all the time won't the tongue push the maxilla up?

Thats what I thought tbh. So I should have my teeth closed?

Or if i'm mewing all the time won't the tongue push the maxilla up?
well yea it just depends on if you're able to mew constantly

• +1
Reactions: xefo
Thats not quite correct. The maxilla needs physical support from the tongue to not melt down over time die to gravity forces.

having teeth closed And breathing through the mouth would only help cheekbones to not collapse but midface maxilla needs its own support.

heck proper tongue support is also required for the upper palate to not get narrower. Only teeth being in contact, wouldnt prevent that.

It really is the tongue, that holds the whole midface structure in place properly.

as much as ppl are trying to come up with new theories (like @retard), which is not a bad thing, the importance of tongue support cant be denied.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 6400, Incoming and 1 other person
Thats not quite correct. The maxilla needs physical support from the tongue to not melt down over time die to gravity forces.

having teeth closed And breathing through the mouth would only help cheekbones to not collapse but midface maxilla needs its own support.

heck proper tongue support is also required for the upper palate to not get narrower. Only teeth being in contact, wouldnt prevent that.

It really is the tongue, that holds the whole midface structure in place properly.
So teeth together and tongue supporting is optimal?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
So teeth together and tongue supporting is optimal?
I say yes, 100%. My maxilla is not recessed (anymore after hardmewing, but wasnt too recessed before that either) and thats how i keep it. Teeth touching each other, and tongue allways in contact with upper palate.

if youre mewing its absolutely essential that teeth are in light, yet solid contact, otherwise maxilla could move unevenly on the front or back and so on.

Last edited:
  • +1
I say yes, 100%. My maxilla is not recessed (anymore after hardmewing) and thats how i keep it. Teeth touching each other, and tongue allways in contact with upper palate.
Do you think it would be bad if I just use good tongue posture instead of teeth in contact, as I have a slight overbite and when I have my teeth in contact it looks shit, so I always have my teeth like a couple mm apart instead of touching. I have been mewing for over a year now though, but I've had braces so haven't seen any results and wouldn't expect any tbh

your molars should be lightly touching all the time because it causes mandible upswing over time

Mouth breathing - breathing through mouth as the modal breathing mode

slack jaw - breathing through mouth or nose but your jaw is hanging at rest

both are bad but mouth breathing is obviously worse.

bruh that shit feels so uncomfortable
you'll get used to it

• +1
everyone has their mouth open every now and then, whether it's while talking or eating or whatever. so everyone's face would get longer inevitably. THAT's what the tongue is for, to make sure everything stays in place. gravity is weak, even just closing your jaw should provide enough force to counter that.

everyone has their mouth open every now and then, whether it's while talking or eating or whatever. so everyone's face would get longer inevitably. THAT's what the tongue is for, to make sure everything stays in place. gravity is weak, even just closing your jaw should provide enough force to counter that.
Dont underestimate gravity mate.
There were some examples posted where older ppl who had a stroke and some facial muscles were paralized on 1 side, the bones in the face melted towards that side in a rather short time period.

Speaking long term, maxilla and everything above it (cheekbones, orbital bones, etc.) need proper support from the tongue.
I think there was also one example with an ape shown on Orthotropics channel, where a monkey had the nose holes blocked by something. From that moment it had zero tongue support and breathed through the mouth. The monkey recessed rly fast.

I say yes, 100%. My maxilla is not recessed (anymore after hardmewing, but wasnt too recessed before that either) and thats how i keep it. Teeth touching each other, and tongue allways in contact with upper palate.

if youre mewing its absolutely essential that teeth are in light, yet solid contact, otherwise maxilla could move unevenly on the front or back and so on.
Lower third projection may be purely a matter of teeth contact. While the tongue will expand the mid-face, it is not going to change the dynamics between the jaws significantly. The mandible tends to become trapped behind the maxilla because the maxillary teeth will, over time, recess as far back & downwanrd in the alveolar as they need to in order to reach contact with mandibular teeth. So the mandible, by hanging down, imprisons itself into that position in spite of the efforts by tongue. However, when the mandibular teeth are actively pushed against the maxillary teeth, the maxillary alveoral will begin to adapt, leading to an occlusion that allows the mandible to project further and further forward. The alveolar bone is about a third of maxilla, so its shape is going to have considerable influence on the face.

• +1
Reactions: nayb
Dont underestimate gravity mate.
There were some examples posted where older ppl who had a stroke and some facial muscles were paralized on 1 side, the bones in the face melted towards that side in a rather short time period.
yes because on that side the muscles didn't work properly anymore, that's why that side collapsed way faster than the other. since the majority of the western population does not have their tongue on the roof of their mouth we can assume that a lot of (western) stroke victims also don't. the one side where the muscles were still intact was pushing against the maxilla (with the lower jaw i mean, since they don't have their tongue on the roof of the mouth anyway) while on the other side, the one which grew downward much quicker, the support from the muscles was lacking.
I think there was also one example with an ape shown on Orthotropics channel, where a monkey had the nose holes blocked by something. From that moment it had zero tongue support and breathed through the mouth. The monkey recessed rly fast.
why are you telling me this

shut the fuck up u retarded incel, teeth in contact is a must
Only thing that's a must is you sucking my cock tonight you fucking subhuman curry piece of shit

@au
Ur a ve
yes because on that side the muscles didn't work properly anymore, that's why that side collapsed way faster than the other. since the majority of the western population does not have their tongue on the roof of their mouth we can assume that a lot of (western) stroke victims also don't. the one side where the muscles were still intact was pushing against the maxilla (with the lower jaw i mean, since they don't have their tongue on the roof of the mouth anyway) while on the other side, the one which grew downward much quicker, the support from the muscles was lacking.

why are you telling me this
Ry high iq and knowledgeable user. Do have any idea regarding heught growth after 18 ? Would love to hear it from u