Testing RU58841 as a stand-alone anti-androgen.

Nice I definitely see progress. Now, to confirm, have you regrown follicles that were otherwise invisible or miniaturized on the temples? Because I know from seeing 1000’s of progress pics on reddit, a lot of people didnt actually regrow their temples, their hair just grew LONGER and covered the temples more.
You can't grow hair there there are no follicles. So I did have very tiny transparent hairs there. But they were virtually invisible.

• +1
Reactions: grimy
You can't grow hair there there are no follicles. So I did have very tiny transparent hairs there. But they were virtually invisible.
Yeah I meant to say dormant. But keep it up fr. If you cant fully regrow the temples consider getting like ~1k grafts for a perfect hairline and you’re basically golden.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and SOS-Sonic
Good luck boyo, I hope your heart doesn't explode.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel and SOS-Sonic
Evidence suggests this shit isn't safe for your heart and there is a mechanism for which it can cause damage. The anecdotal heart pains and a couple of people who have reported diagnosed heart failure are the nail on the coffin for me, there's no way I'd risk it but each to their own. Also it's a bit of an indictment of its safety given that the company that developed an effective topical baldness cure that is like a license to print money completely abandoned trials and stopped pursuing it, there must be a good reason. Your hair isn't worth risking fucking up your heart for.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slayercel, jfcage, TITUS and 1 other person
Evidence suggests this shit isn't safe for your heart and there is a mechanism for which it can cause damage. The anecdotal heart pains and a couple of people who have reported diagnosed heart failure are the nail on the coffin for me, there's no way I'd risk it but each to their own. Also it's a bit of an indictment of its safety given that the company that developed an effective topical baldness cure that is like a license to print money completely abandoned trials and stopped pursuing it, there must be a good reason. Your hair isn't worth risking fucking up your heart for.
Tbh i hear way worse things about fin. And it should have even less side effect than fin because it less than 100mg on the scalp is not enough to change the hormone levels in the body. But thanks for the heads up I will be careful and control the dosage.

Do you need to dose RU once or twice a day? How long can you store it once you mix it yourself?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: beyourself and SOS-Sonic
Do you need to dose RU once or twice a day? How long can you store it once you mix it yourself?
People got great results with once so I will use once per day to start off. I previously dissolved it in min but now I just ordered ethanol and propylene glycol since it is a better solvent and carrier.

• Hmm...
Reactions: beyourself
People got great results with once so I will use once per day to start off. I previously dissolved it in min but now I just ordered ethanol and propylene glycol since it is a better solvent and carrier.
For how long can you keep it mixed?

For how long can you keep it mixed?
I'm actually not sure, but I will create 1 weeks supply at a time just to be safe.

• +1
Reactions: beyourself
I'm actually not sure, but I will create 1 weeks supply at a time just to be safe.
I ask because i read somewhere that you have to mix it almost daily to ensure potency, but it could be wrong. You should probably have a look into it, to make sure your experiment is done properly, and keep me updated.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: beyourself, BigBoy, SOS-Sonic and 1 other person
RU works great for 6 months especially if you have diffuse thinning. But after 6 months you have to increase the dose and no one knows how safe it is since RU wasn't tested in the long term. It will go systemic and some people get sides like chest pain, heart palpitations.

The biggest mystery about hair loss prevention is why RU was completely abandoned by the pharmaceutical industry when it is proven that stuff works.
The most popular proposed reason why is that ru doesnt have a long shelf life. So it cant be sold in a prepackaged form. It can be sold as a powder form but the average consumer would not go through the process of mixing it and then applying it to their scalp every single day. So it wouldnt be viable for sale.

However I wonder what the results of the phase 2 trials of ru were. The company conducting then never published the results.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: beyourself and SOS-Sonic
The most popular proposed reason why is that ru doesnt have a long shelf life. So it cant be sold in a prepackaged form. It can be sold as a powder form but the average consumer would not go through the process of mixing it and then applying it to their scalp every single day. So it wouldnt be viable for sale.

However I wonder what the results of the phase 2 trials of ru were. The company conducting then never published the results.
Yeah fresh batches every few days is ideal and it isn't hard to make it at home. But there are people who think 1/4 is bigger than 1/3 so it was smart for them not to sell it incase some dumbass who doesnt know basic math OD from it.

The trials done on animals showed better efficacy than finasteride, it is likely that it works just as well on humans.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
Yeah fresh batches every few days is ideal and it isn't hard to make it at home. But there are people who think 1/4 is bigger than 1/3 so it was smart for them not to sell it incase some dumbass who doesnt know basic math OD from it.

The trials done on animals showed better efficacy than finasteride, it is likely that it works just as well on humans.
I still wouldnt touch it. Only if I was extremely desperate, even then Id be skeptical.

Ive heard cb has promising results and is coming out in a few years. Cb + fin might be the cure to hairloss. Although lets hope cb is enough by itself tbh.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I still wouldnt touch it. Only if I was extremely desperate, even then Id be skeptical.

Ive heard cb has promising results and is coming out in a few years. Cb + fin might be the cure to hairloss. Although lets hope cb is enough by itself tbh.
I was hesitant at first, but I would hate being bald and maybe my threads will clear up some skepticism and help others. I am on ~25mg/day and will up the dosage carefully. No side effects so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't CB a topical anti androgen that works the same way as RU?

• +1
Reactions: beyourself and BigBoy
I was hesitant at first, but I would hate being bald and maybe my threads will clear up some skepticism and help others. I am on ~25mg/day and will up the dosage carefully. No side effects so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't CB a topical anti androgen that works the same way as RU?
Yea but in the trials there have been no side effects so far.

• Woah
I watched Derek's most recent video (mpmd guy) and he explains it very well. The idea is for RU to "occupy" the receptor, blocking androgens.
The caveat is, that the affinity for the receptor goes like this:
DHT > RU > Testosterone.
So the "holy stack" would be finasteride so you don't get DHT, but fin raises test (your body knows something's up with the lack of DHT so pumps more test to compensate, >inb4 some retard tries fin as a test booster), so now you have more test which still acts on the receptor at the follicles, so you put RU and block that shit out for good since it's affinity is higher. Synergistic 1+1=3 level stuff.
The corollary is that RU standalone might not be enough to protect the follicles if there's still DHT around (it's not black and white, it's possible to overwhelm the receptor with sheer dosage).
With all that being said, I too will experiment with RU standalone, got three premixed bottles from the source in mpmd videos that should arrive in a couple of weeks (actually, I'll do RU + microneedling once a week), if that buys me +5 years without fin I'll take it, if it does nothing I'll just take fin as well.
Hair is life.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: grimy, .👽., NorwoodMilitant and 2 others
How long did it take until you noticed progress?

• +1
I'll do RU + microneedling once a week
I was under the impression RU was better at not going systemic and staying "local" (essentially on and near where it's applied), which means DHT isn't being heavily blocked in the body the way fin and dut do.
(Remember DHT is bad for hair follicles that are susceptible to it but it's still needed for sex hormones and the like, hence the side-effects dut, and to a lesser extent, fin have on libido and erection quality)

If you're microneedling and applying RU it's going to go systemic as you're basically puncturing holes in you scalp and putting RU into them, in which case RU will work "better" and faster but it's going to end up doing what fin and dut do, defeating the purpose of choosing RU over fin and dut, or at least that's what I suspect.

With that said I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong and hope you'll share your results with RU regardless.

• +1
Reactions: .👽., beyourself, SOS-Sonic and 1 other person
Good luck I'm curious to how it will turn out.

• +1
I was under the impression RU was better at not going systemic and staying "local" (essentially on and near where it's applied), which means DHT isn't being heavily blocked in the body the way fin and dut do.
(Remember DHT is bad for hair follicles that are susceptible to it but it's still needed for sex hormones and the like, hence the side-effects dut, and to a lesser extent, fin have on libido and erection quality)

If you're microneedling and applying RU it's going to go systemic as you're basically puncturing holes in you scalp and putting RU into them, in which case RU will work "better" and faster but it's going to end up doing what fin and dut do, defeating the purpose of choosing RU over fin and dut, or at least that's what I suspect.

With that said I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong and hope you'll share your results with RU regardless.
I hope it's avoidable. Maybe if you take enough delay applying RU after microneedling it won't be absorbed into blood stream, at least not as much. After all, microneedling punctures must heal and close at some point.

RU is also sold in liquid form (propylene glycol + ethanol as vehicle). Is that not effective because it is premixed?

Sadly CB seems to be less effective than RU according to the results of trials.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and SOS-Sonic
you can effectively microneedle every 4 weeks with 1.5mm, it's what used in studies.
bro, you are so high iq i actually love you :love:

• Woah
Reactions: Mayorga

Oh sorry I phrased that wrong, I intend on microneedling once a week, RU every day but skip the microneedling day.

you can effectively microneedle every 4 weeks with 1.5mm, it's what used in studies.
I'm aware but a lot of people on forums did once a week and it worked well. I will keep an eye though if it's hurting and dial it down.

• +1
RU is also sold in liquid form (propylene glycol + ethanol as vehicle). Is that not effective because it is premixed?

Sadly CB seems to be less effective than RU according to the results of trials.
Its not that its notr effective, the problem is the liquid solution does not have a long shelf-life.

Brutal. Maybe it isnt as effective but on the bright side hopefully fin+cb is the cure for hair loss.

Its not that its notr effective, the problem is the liquid solution does not have a long shelf-life.

Brutal. Maybe it isnt as effective but on the bright side hopefully fin+cb is the cure for hair loss.

That will be a promising treatment, with less side effects than using fin + RU, but I doubt that will be the cure.
The "cure" will be something like stem cell hair transplant or 3D printing of hair follicles, drugs won't cure hair loss in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel and BigBoy

That combo will probably stop the loss but how do we get our norwoods back :(

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 9511
That is where min and microneedling comes in XD.
Min sux though - low response rate with shitty effects on skin and blood pressure

Nasty shedding and dependency too

• So Sad
Hair transplant

No effects on blood pressure, cope
HT is an option - but it’s got its own bucket of drawbacks - primarily the lack of density and the price of good docs. It’s legit though. It’s not like you are gaining hair with a HT it’s moving from part of your head to another part

As for min
It’s vasodilator - just because it’s not absorbed as easily in the scalp doesn’t mean it’s not doing that. Minor concern though - dark circles, palpitations, and collagen are what should be looked out for

HT is an option - but it’s got its own bucket of drawbacks - primarily the lack of density and the price of good docs. It’s legit though. It’s not like you are gaining hair with a HT it’s moving from part of your head to another part

As for min
It’s vasodilator - just because it’s not absorbed as easily in the scalp doesn’t mean it’s not doing that. Minor concern though - dark circles, palpitations, and collagen are what should be looked out for
The main concerns would be collagen and dark circles. There isnt any scientific evidence for it and may be hypocondriac hair loss sufferers noticing things that arent there. Still Id be cautious against it and probably wouldnt take it unless fin didnt regrow hair/the hair loss is so bad its needed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511 and SOS-Sonic
Min sux though - low response rate with shitty effects on skin and blood pressure
My heart is chronically fucked (even if not for primary reasons, docs are too shitty to know in USSR) and I had no issues of that kind. I measure 3 times a day and have never noticed minoxidil making BP worse.

Not saying it can't affect BP, but if it doesn't in my case, you probably shouldn't expect it as a healthycel.

• +1
Now about this. My palpitations are pretty bad at times and noticeable at baseline. Again, minoxidil doesn't make them worse for me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511 and SOS-Sonic
I have been on fin/min for 7 month now and I have seen great results (NW 3.5 to NW 2) without ANY side effects. For the last 2 month I haven been using RU58841 sparingly on my hairline (25mg/day). However I want to test if RU58841 can impede the mighty Norwood Reaper by itself without finasteride. As an experiment I will drop fin for now and increase my dosage of RU58841 to 75mg/day or even 100mg/day to test the waters.

I started balding at 16 and became NW 3.5 at 20, so if still manage to hold on to my hair it will prove that RU58841 can fight against even the worst cases of male pattern baldness and hopefully give pussy-bois who are afraid of finasteride a less "scary" alternative. (finasteride is safe and yummy but fear mongering by miserable baldcels ruined the its reputation).

I give an update in a few months.
mix both reduce systemic dht with finasteride and then block 70 percent of all androgens topically with ru + add in some growth stimulants (derma roll minox etc etc)

should be basic knowledge by now don't waste time using it as a standalone try and use 50mg on ur problem areas

• Love it
mix both reduce systemic dht with finasteride and then block 70 percent of all androgens topically with ru + add in some growth stimulants (derma roll minox etc etc)

should be basic knowledge by now don't waste time using it as a standalone try and use 50mg on ur problem areas
You don't think RU is enough by itself? Bodybuilders claim that 75-100mg completely halted their hair loss even when they juicing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635
You don't think RU is enough by itself? Bodybuilders claim that 75-100mg completely halted their hair loss even when they juicing.
for halting - sure

for regrowth ? no

• +1
Holy shit what an insane result gj bro plus considering you got no sides.

Do you attribute it mostly on fin or minox ?
Thanks, its both tbh. Started both at the same time so I'm not 100% sure.

Just a brief update. 70mg of RU per day is halting the loss but I haven't gained any ground in 2 months. So @GarouTheIncel was right about my case.

This was expected since RU has a weaker binding affinity than DHT and can only win against DHT by overwhelming the receptor with sheer numbers.

However, keep in mind I have very aggressive hair loss, so if it can halt my hair loss, people with minor to moderate hair loss can not only prevent but also regrow a good portion if their hair with RU as the only anti androgen.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635