the best exercises in gymcelling

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
what are the best exercises to build muscles? in my poinion they are the ones in which you can't cheat.
cheating is the acting of helping yourself in weighting the barbell by using a bad form.
for example during the barbell curl it's intuitive to move the hips forward to help the biceps to lift the barbell.

another example of cheating consists in performing the seated cable rows while moving the back backward.
the proper form requires to keep your back motionless, so you can isolate the action of lat muscles

another form of cheating consists in shortening the range of motion (ROM).
for example many people do the lat pulldown without extending the arms completely.

list of exercises in which you cannot cheat:
  • seated bicep curl
  • pullups and tricep dips
  • seated barbell shoulder press
  • seated tricep extension
  • one hand side raises (laying on the ground)
  • bench press

list of exercises where it's hard to isolate the muscle without cheating
  • seated cable row
  • standing bicep curl
  • rear deltoid raises
  • military press
  • bent over row

how about filming yourself when performing a lift and then adjust your technique accordingly?

Also just as much as swinging and bringing momentum into a lift is cheating, cutting the range of motion short is also cheating.

If you do a pull up and don't go all the way down i.e. let you scapula come apart, you are cutting the ROM short.
If you do bench press and don't touch the chest and don't lock out your elbows, you are cutting ROM.
Seated barbell shoulder press almost always turns into an incline press and typical gym bros don't touch the chest. If you do standing shoulder press, there is only so much you can lean back before the weight crashes forward.

AND SO ON

Every Excercise can be performed with bad form. Hence film yourself and learn the proper technique.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and Deleted member 685
Honestly it’s not about the best exercises. You need to be emphasizing progressive overload on ur compound exercises if u want to build strength and size. Pump training will only get u so far. This doesn’t mean mind muscle connection is useless. It’s actually very important too. But I’d say
T bar Rows
Incline Bench
Dips
Squats
Romanian DL
Bicep curls with EZ bar
Seated machine lateral raises

• +1
Reactions: Casadonis
overhead press
side lat. raises
incline bench
wide grip pull up
stiff-leg deadlift
dips/weigthed dips
barbell row

skull crusher
tri pushdown

bicep curl
hammer curl

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
Honestly it’s not about the best exercises. You need to be emphasizing progressive overload on ur compound exercises if u want to build strength and size. Pump training will only get u so far. This doesn’t mean mind muscle connection is useless. It’s actually very important too. But I’d say
T bar Rows
Incline Bench
Dips
Squats
Romanian DL
Bicep curls with EZ bar
Seated machine lateral raises
it is about compound exercises that follow the basic movement patterns of a human. Vertical press, horizontal press, vertical pull, horizontal pull, hip hinge and squat. After that exercise selection becomes more important.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
it is about compound exercises that follow the basic movement patterns of a human. Vertical press, horizontal press, vertical pull, horizontal pull, hip hinge and squat. After that exercise selection becomes more important.
Yeah. I just listed my personal favorite. But the point is everybody needs to follow a routine based on building strength on the main lifts.

Yeah. I just listed my personal favorite. But the point is everybody needs to follow a routine based on building strength on the main lifts.
No, I agree. Training those basic movement patterns with progressive overload is key. If you do a romanian deadlift or a regular deadlift or a sumo deadlift etc. is not that important in the grand scheme of things. Obviously everyone has a preference in their excercise selection.

• +1
Reactions: Kade and Mateusz74
bosu ball squats while punching with 1kg pink dumbbells