The exact science behind cracking your jaw......

Deleted member 6908

Deleted member 6908

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
We as men over the years have grown-up to learn how to crack bones.

Fingers, shoulders, necks, elbows you name it..

But the jaw is one that we don't really hear about being cracked...

I used to crack my right jaw a lot before I conditioned my tongue into holding a certain posture. Now I don't feel like I can do it without undoing the results I've gained from the good tongue posture.

I'm wondering? Does anyone know about any of the science that goes into cracking your jaw?

I know cracking (Clicking) bones is nothing more than nitrogen bubbles bursting in our synovial fluid, but ever since being an obsessive finger cracker growing-up in my teens, I've developed larger than large hands. To give you an idea; I am 5'8 and have the hands of a 6'2 guy.

So now it would make sense why I am asking this question. Is there or could there be any benefit to jaw cracking?

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Danish_Retard, Lev Peshkov and 2 others
i only started doing it when my unerupted wisdoom teeth ballooned in size and crowded my teeth even further, all it does is have a 5% chance to trigger a migraine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
I had some serious jaw clicking when I was around 13-14 too, could barely open my mouth wide enough to eat or chew normally. Might be because of the jaw growing during that time and the temporomandibular joint not having adapted to it yet. I'm 16 now and I don't have that problem, despite doing nothing to fix it.

I had some serious jaw clicking when I was around 13-14 too, could barely open my mouth wide enough to eat or chew normally. Might be because of the jaw growing during that time and the temporomandibular joint not having adapted to it yet. I'm 16 now and I don't have that problem, despite doing nothing to fix it.

I think a lot of it is encouraged from yawning as well right?

I think a lot of it is encouraged from yawning as well right?
Haven't heard of that, but I wouldn't think so. Usually these issues stem from excessive usage of the masseter muscles, and by extension the temporomandibular joint, from either chewing or bruxism. I really doubt yawning too often would cause this.

If you're thinking about inducing TMJ disorder by chewing or any other method, don't, you'd only be causing cartilage tissue degeneration, not jaw growth.

Chewing a moderate amount at your age would at best increase the size of your masseters/prevent bone resorption due to aging to an extent.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908