The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide
how to get... ideal eyebrows

Eyebrows are often neglected and undervalued, but they can affect your looks vastly just like haircuts do. In this thread I am going to introduce you to my perception of ideal eyebrows and the importance of them, elobrate the reasons behind it and also explain how to groom them properly. If you have little to no eyebrow growth - do not worry, because I will cover this issue later in this thread.

The Importance

Eyebrows have many reasons why there are so crucial. On the one hand there are evolutionary reasons, which I will elobrate later, on the other hand they are needed to recognize people and seperate them from eachother. People would have a hard time recognizing you if you'd shave them off completely. The same wouldn't occur, if you would get rid of your lashes or get jaw fillers for example. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that even the slightest change of your eyebrows will have a great impact on your looks and how people percieve you.

The Shape

Jayv

There are various eyebrow shapes and each of them has a different impact on your face. Most guides I have seen advise you to pick a shape based on your face shape. In my opinion however; flat eyebrows are the most ideal for men, no matter what your face shape looks like. You want your eye area to be as compact and hunter-like as possible, as this gets percieved as an alpha trait. So having round shaped eyebrows for instance, will make you look worse.

Here's me with round and flat eyebrows. I've had posted it before:

The Thickness

The thickness itself is very important, because of the same evolutionary reasons why a prominent brow bone or a highset cheekbone is important for males. All of them were meant to protect the eyes while hunting or fighting. (Not only the thickness of the eyebrows, but also the length, set and density) Hence they should be thick, but there's still a limit.

The Outer Length

Your eyebrows should at least reach the outer part of your eyelids. I found that they look better if they're longer than that (reaching your cheekbones or going a little further), since horizontal length of your eyebrows also contributes to achieving hunter eyes.

Here is an example showing you the minimum and ideal length:

The Inner Length

The inner part of your eyebrows should be almost parellel to your nosedrills. Too much gap between them looks feminine. Having too less space shows that you don't take care of yourself.

The Set (optional)

The closer your eyebrows are set to your eyes the better. There are only a few ways to change the set beside surgery, I'll name them later in "The Growth" section. However having high set eyebrows is definitely not a death sentence, you can be good looking with high set eyebrows, but you will be lacking the alpha/slayer look, because of the increased vertical length of your eye area.

Here are some examples of low set eyebrows

Beauty tips male models 222559 1497195079004 image700x0c Jon lead Perfect tousle haircut for men

Examples of high set eyebrows

Download 1 Ryan Gosling Triangular 248x300 Male models 3a

The Tilt

This is something that many people don't even notice. Negative tilted eyebrows causes your whole eye area to look beta. The ideal is either neutral or positive tilted. What fits you better will depend on the set of your eyebrows, the canthal tilt of your eyes, tissue length, jaw angularity and harmony in general. For instance, if you have negative tilted eyes, positive tilted eyebrows can balance out your eye area. High set eyebrows don't go too well with a positive tilt, since it makes your eye area even taller. 'Hunter' eyebrows can be achieved with both neutral and negative tilted eyebrows, but they need to be low set in the first place.

The Density

There's not much to say here. Everyone should know that eyebrows with low density make you less attractive.

Find the difference:
[IMAGE DELETED BY REQUEST OF POSTER]

The Color

Colors FINAL

Dark brown or black is ideal, since they make your brows look more dense. If you're the blonde phenotype with blonde eyebrows that are hardly visible, you should try to dye them to a slightly darker shade after you tried the stuff I listed below..

The Growth

If you have thin eyebrows you can

The Grooming

So if you have thick and dense eyebrows now, you can start shaping them. This can be made with a tweezer or a blade, I recommend using a tweezer first if you never shaped your eyebrows before. Don't use a blade for outer eyebrows.

Pick the hairs where your brows start to arch down, if you want to make them straighter. If you want a positive tilt you need to grow hairs on the right area.

Make sure they are symmetrical. When I shape my eyebrows I use a reversed mirror to spot asymmetry more effectively, but you can use a normal mirror too.

Don't overdo your eyebrows in case you don't want to look gay. You can avoid looking like the guy below by keeping some hairs around your eyebrows. This is why I said you shouldn't use a blade for outer brows:

The apprentice 2013 Alex 590x350

You can brush your eyebrows and wax them. I do this daily and it doesn't look tryhard aslong you don't use too much.of it. It gives a more neat look.

If you are done reshaping and grooming, take a picture if you like, so you can take it as a sample when new hairs start to grow out.

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynxress, leonas, DelonLover1999 and 148 others
what procedure did you use to raise the corners and make them less arched / more straight?

• JFL
Reactions: Arditi
You are using the same picture for "the thickness" and "the outer length"? Also, in your opinion, can ok-ish eyebrows make up for mild upper eyelid exposure?
what happened to the post?

people in 2019 were so much more friendly and helpful, this was peak looksmax

• +1
Reactions: bjornen
Just the original post I’m able to access the comments but not the OP for some reason
B3CF5157 D019 4DFF B05A 372812CF03CE AEF87A06 651E 4DE6 9F03 1A082B592AA9 E2ABDE01 8050 44A1 B26A EAE0FD53B211 D94648A7 405F 487C 8734 A267546B3A21 6F2B1C9F 7A8F 40F4 B959 BF56344B6EDD 0D9DAB75 1B7F 4CD9 8648 D72F00AF8761 F16BECFD 5B6D 44C5 A0BD 217752D0FB0F 8F1B042A 2B92 48E9 8BCC 707346E486CE E51D5218 0F79 4E16 BA0E 66DDC4A6DA44 70E8FD7F 4178 4190 8439 E279E076B8A3 4360E5AE 1312 48B0 A9D3 D9025807264F F584B716 9E49 4D9D 96CD 8948EA5CEF53 43560CFE BB20 463D 981B 618E919E751F 110F7C3B 5858 4233 BA4C 68A38F89480E

should be in order. i forgot 2 imgurs but they are water anyways. (this for everybody else aswell)

now pay me with rep

• Love it
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: NebulaExplorer, the_nextDavidLaid and BrahminBoss
24FA0404 CD8B 4FDD 9910 FE0E35EFC996
How could I get the brows longer and thicker? Minoxidil didnt work

RockLeeMaxxing

just have supras thoery..

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

Eyebrows are often neglected and undervalued, but they can affect your looks vastly just like haircuts do. In this thread I am going to introduce you to my perception of ideal eyebrows and the importance of them, elobrate the reasons behind it and also explain how to groom them properly. If you have little to no eyebrow growth - do not worry, because I will cover this issue later in this thread.

The Importance

Eyebrows have many reasons why there are so crucial. On the one hand there are evolutionary reasons, which I will elobrate later, on the other hand they are needed to recognize people and seperate them from eachother. People would have a hard time recognizing you if you'd shave them off completely. The same wouldn't occur, if you would get rid of your lashes or get jaw fillers for example. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that even the slightest change of your eyebrows will have a great impact on your looks and how people percieve you.

The Shape

There are various eyebrow shapes and each of them has a different impact on your face. Most guides I have seen advise you to pick a shape based on your face shape. In my opinion however; flat eyebrows are the most ideal for men, no matter what your face shape looks like. You want your eye area to be as compact and hunter-like as possible, as this gets percieved as an alpha trait. So having round shaped eyebrows for instance, will make you look worse.

The Thickness

The thickness itself is very important, because of the same evolutionary reasons why a prominent brow bone or a highset cheekbone is important for males. All of them were meant to protect the eyes while hunting or fighting. (Not only the thickness of the eyebrows, but also the length, set and density) Hence they should be thick, but there's still a limit.

The Outer Length

Your eyebrows should at least reach the outer part of your eyelids. I found that they look better if they're longer than that (reaching your cheekbones or going a little further), since horizontal length of your eyebrows also contributes to achieving hunter eyes.

The Inner Length

The inner part of your eyebrows should be almost parellel to your nosedrills. Too much gap between them looks feminine. Having too less space shows that you don't take care of yourself.

The Set (optional)

The closer your eyebrows are set to your eyes the better. There are only a few ways to change the set beside surgery, I'll name them later in "The Growth" section. However having high set eyebrows is definitely not a death sentence, you can be good looking with high set eyebrows, but you will be lacking the alpha/slayer look, because of the increased vertical length of your eye area.

The Tilt

This is something that many people don't even notice. Negative tilted eyebrows causes your whole eye area to look beta. The ideal is either neutral or positive tilted. What fits you better will depend on the set of your eyebrows, the canthal tilt of your eyes, tissue length, jaw angularity and harmony in general. For instance, if you have negative tilted eyes, positive tilted eyebrows can balance out your eye area. High set eyebrows don't go too well with a positive tilt, since it makes your eye area even taller. 'Hunter' eyebrows can be achieved with both neutral and negative tilted eyebrows, but they need to be low set in the first place.

The Density

There's not much to say here. Everyone should know that eyebrows with low density make you less attractive.

Find the difference:

The Color

Dark brown or black is ideal, since they make your brows look more dense. If you're the blonde phenotype with blonde eyebrows that are hardly visible, you should try to dye them to a slightly darker shade after you tried the stuff I listed below..

The Growth

The Grooming

So if you have thick and dense eyebrows now, you can start shaping them. This can be made with a tweezer or a blade, I recommend using a tweezer first if you never shaped your eyebrows before. Don't use a blade for outer eyebrows.

Pick the hairs where your brows start to arch down, if you want to make them straighter. If you want a positive tilt you need to grow hairs on the right area.

Make sure they are symmetrical. When I shape my eyebrows I use a reversed mirror to spot asymmetry more effectively, but you can use a normal mirror too.

Don't overdo your eyebrows in case you don't want to look gay. You can avoid looking like the guy below by keeping some hairs around your eyebrows. This is why I said you shouldn't use a blade for outer brows:

You can brush your eyebrows and wax them. I do this daily and it doesn't look tryhard aslong you don't use too much.of it. It gives a more neat look.

If you are done reshaping and grooming, take a picture if you like, so you can take it as a sample when new hairs start to grow out.

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Can I fraud a positive canthal tilt with positive eyebrows?

• +1
Reactions: vyirus
Great guide, but I am missing more details on the use of Minoxidil and Castor Oil. How scientifically verified is their effectiveness and how long should you await visible results?

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Wait can you post an image on what the ideal eyebrows look like for thick eyebrows?

what happened to this thread

Great guide, but I am missing more details on the use of Minoxidil and Castor Oil. How scientifically verified is their effectiveness and how long should you await visible results?
Minoxidil works but it’s temporary and castor oil is cope ive been tryna find ways to stimulate eyebrow growth permanently without any bad side effects but u cant its over

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

yo can you pm me, i need advice

minoxidil vs castor oil?
Which one is more researched/known for better results?

Also what combination is most effective, for example, can you use minoxidil with dermarolling??

What eyebrow dye is best?
semi-permanent
demi-permanent
permanent
etc

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

high iq

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Does castor oil really work?

What eyebrow dye is best?
semi-permanent
demi-permanent
permanent
etc
I used permanent dye once and it fried my inner brows a bit. And I have rally thick coarse brows..

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

Old post I know, but how do you pick the right colour for dyeing your eyebrows? How do you know what tone is just right for it to not look unnatural?

The Eyebrowmaxxing Guide

The Importance

The Shape

The Thickness

The Outer Length

The Inner Length

The Set (optional)

The Tilt

The Density

Find the difference:

The Color

The Growth

The Grooming

Thanks for reading.

@dodt @dotacel @FatmanO

whats better to use with micro needle, castor oil or hyaluron

Dye made my brow hairs fall out

Does latisse give permanent results or results go away after no use