The importance of a good side profile is extremely overrated and not a good indication of someone’s overall attractiveness

MaxillaIsEverything

MaxillaIsEverything

Platinum
I have been wanting to make a thread on this for a while and after posting a photo of my own side profile I have come to the conclusion that the importance of a good side profile is extremely overrated especially when trying to infer from it a person’s overall attractiveness. While someone can obviously have both a good side profile and front in my experience it is often one or the other and I will give some of the reasons why.
This is my side profile which has been described as average on here and I agree

I do not have amazing foreward growth or anything and mild recessions but overall this one is normie tier and sadly my best angle. Now the issue is that you would not know how subhuman my face looks from other angles and especially from the front from looking at this photo.
From this angle a lot of key features can not be accurately judged the most important of which is your eye spacing. (I made a thread on how important a 0,46 ES ratio is specifically recently) This can literally break your face on its own and cause you to look significantly worse in most cases. My eyes are too close set and my ES ratio too low. My jaw is also V shaped something that is not immediately apparent and makes my face look better only from this angle. With this average side profile my face could still be anything, from subhuman to Chad. Unfortunately, it is in fact subhuman.

Now someone actually good looking, Barrett. His side profile is often named as one of the best in the world with insane forward growth especially in his maxilla. Mogs pretty much everyone from this angle

You know these pictures. As high as his psl rating may be regardless, IRL his appeal is much lower and this has been proven many times. Most women remark his face is too wide and round

Things that were not apparent from his side profile were his extremely wide face, his bad ES ratio and his overall alien like appearance. His massive cheekbones give him a godlike side profile but make his face look round from the front. This shows that certain features favor one angle much more than others. A feature can very well be a strong halo from the side but a failo from the front. Your front is a lot more important IRL as you will obviously be facing people when looking and talking to them instead of tilting your head at a 90 degree angle to them.

Now an opposite example.

Brad Pitt. Obviously slightly recessed when looking at his profile, but he is universally considered extremely attractive by women of all races.
The reason and how everyone pictures him is his front of course.

No sign of recession here, in fact giving him a more protruding chin or mid face would very likely make him look worse and ruin his insane facial harmony. Ultimately, what this means is that it is very difficult to look good from all angles without making sacrifices in some of them (although some models/actors manage to pull it off) This is commonly a problem with jaw advancement surgeries. People tend to underestimate how much they change your front despite the obvious improvement to their profile. And often it is not for the better. If you have to choose between either a top tier front or top tier side the choice is obvious. Another important aspect is facial symmetry which most models and good looking people have to a high degree. This is essential for facial harmony and strong asymmetries can still exist with a seemingly perfect side. Front is everything IRL and profile only matters for IG angles. Correct flaws like bad eye spacing first if it is a problem (the importance of eye spacing as the main determinator of facial attractiveness is described here https://looksmax.org/threads/ideal-...being-truecel-how-to-identify-and-fix.235673/) and do not obsess over extreme jaw surgeries.

TLDR; The point of this thread is to show that
Good side profile =/ Good front
Good front = guaranteed to be attractive
Good side = Mostly irrelevant IRL not guaranteed to be attractive

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: tyleriol, Deleted member 12923, Wallenberg and 15 others
did not read op is coping because he has shit side profile

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Ascendinglad087, Deleted member 11388, unluckylucky and 16 others
didnt read, OP thinks his side profile is bad when its clearly above average

• +1
Reactions: Ascendinglad087, Oxygen, xefo and 16 others
thanks for the lifefuel bro
3dpg25s5ik031.png

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Ascendinglad087, GermanLooksmaxer, BobbyJindalsTwin and 20 others
Brad Pitt
Images 14

You can defraud a good side profile, just look up and project your jaw, just like Barret's fraudulent fag.
Pitt in his image has a high Bf, so you can't see his jaw line, and in these images he has an insane side profile, it must be due to the angle.

• +1
Reactions: Fath0039, Deleted member 4416 and mewcoper
Your side profile is above average

• +1
Reactions: xefo and ScramFranklin
Obvious bait for compliments bc you couldn't tell your side profile being called average was people messing with you

• +1
Reactions: xefo, ScramFranklin, Deleted member 10172 and 4 others
You're fucked, I'm sorry truecel

Obvious bait for compliments bc you couldn't tell your side profile being called average was people messing with you
It is clearly not forward grown so by psl definition it cannot be good. And second, even if it were good this is not what this thread is about. It would actually be even stronger proof of how irrelevant it is because I know how bad I look from other angles.

• Hmm...
Reactions: xefo
It is clearly not forward grown so by psl definition it cannot be good. And second, even if it were good this is not what this thread is about. It would actually be even stronger proof of how irrelevant it is because I know how bad I look from other angles.
Couldn't possibly know without seeing ur face tbh. Anyways I don't see how you could lack forward growth when you have perfect rotation tbh, and ofc I cant tell about what your maxilla is laterally bc haven't seen ur face

side is cope otherwise i'll be modelling tbh

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Hmmf, xefo, Yerico7 and 1 other person
Depth in the face is needed for good eye and jaw area, however side profile isnt needed but a nice bonus. When talking we most likely look straight in the eyes but when walking or doing stuff you see 3/4 view more.

Look at meek mill. He is recessed from the side but godlike from front view and is adored like a god. I notice for females is it important to have forward growth. Haven't seen good looking females with bad forward growth.

An other example that what count the most is growth direction, not projection

cope i have good coloring eye spacing etc but because of my flat midface i look like shit, even low bf my bloat is not gone i need bimax asap

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, LILMAXILLA and SPFromNY914
cope i have good coloring eye spacing etc but because of my flat midface i look like shit, even low bf my bloat is not gone i need bimax asap
you look good bro don’t worry

good side profile provides a refrence from which we can see how it affects your front.

if ur side is bad ur front is usually also bad. obviously it isn't a perfect 100% rule but you know.

(you aren't recessed btw jfl who told you that)

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper
I have been wanting to make a thread on this for a while and after posting a photo of my own side profile I have come to the conclusion that the importance of a good side profile is extremely overrated especially when trying to infer from it a person’s overall attractiveness. While someone can obviously have both a good side profile and front in my experience it is often one or the other and I will give some of the reasons why.
View attachment 784970
I do not have amazing foreward growth or anything and mild recessions but overall this one is normie tier and sadly my best angle. Now the issue is that you would not know how subhuman my face looks from other angles and especially from the front from looking at this photo.
From this angle a lot of key features can not be accurately judged the most important of which is your eye spacing. (I made a thread on how important a 0,46 ES ratio is specifically recently) This can literally break your face on its own and cause you to look significantly worse in most cases. My eyes are too close set and my ES ratio too low. My jaw is also V shaped something that is not immediately apparent and makes my face look better only from this angle. With this average side profile my face could still be anything, from subhuman to Chad. Unfortunately, it is in fact subhuman.

Now someone actually good looking, Barrett. His side profile is often named as one of the best in the world with insane forward growth especially in his maxilla. Mogs pretty much everyone from this angle
View attachment 784999
View attachment 785003
You know these pictures. As high as his psl rating may be regardless, IRL his appeal is much lower and this has been proven many times. Most women remark his face is too wide and round
View attachment 785007
Things that were not apparent from his side profile were his extremely wide face, his bad ES ratio and his overall alien like appearance. His massive cheekbones give him a godlike side profile but make his face look round from the front. This shows that certain features favor one angle much more than others. A feature can very well be a strong halo from the side but a failo from the front. Your front is a lot more important IRL as you will obviously be facing people when looking and talking to them instead of tilting your head at a 90 degree angle to them.

Now an opposite example.
View attachment 785034
Brad Pitt. Obviously slightly recessed when looking at his profile, but he is universally considered extremely attractive by women of all races.
View attachment 785037
No sign of recession here, in fact giving him a more protruding chin or mid face would very likely make him look worse and ruin his insane facial harmony. Ultimately, what this means is that it is very difficult to look good from all angles without making sacrifices in some of them (although some models/actors manage to pull it off) This is commonly a problem with jaw advancement surgeries. People tend to underestimate how much they change your front despite the obvious improvement to their profile. And often it is not for the better. If you have to choose between either a top tier front or top tier side the choice is obvious. Another important aspect is facial symmetry which most models and good looking people have to a high degree. This is essential for facial harmony and strong asymmetries can still exist with a seemingly perfect side. Front is everything IRL and profile only matters for IG angles. Correct flaws like bad eye spacing first if it is a problem (the importance of eye spacing as the main determinator of facial attractiveness is described here https://looksmax.org/threads/ideal-...being-truecel-how-to-identify-and-fix.235673/) and do not obsess over extreme jaw surgeries.

is your username really maxilla is everything???

maxilla is the most useless feature in all of psl

I think your side looks pretty damn great.

Mine is pretty shit

I like your take interesting read

side profile life, and forward growth. matter alot.

doutzen-kroes2.jpg
-
original-grid-image-12455-1467884211-3.jpg

barrett overdosed on fillers, ofc his front is shit after that. he was god tier before
3B1386C500000578-0-image-m-12_1480974810246.jpg

• +1
Reactions: BobbyJindalsTwin
Agreed, its a nice bonus but not necessary to have a good profile

View attachment 784970

View attachment 784999
View attachment 785003
View attachment 785007

Now an opposite example.
View attachment 785034
View attachment 785037

You do realise that people find side profiles attractive too, just because you wanna cope doesn't mean shit. Someone who has an attractive front and side will mog someone with an attractive front

What do you mean INDICATION? You may have a good looking side profile or a bad looking side profile.

You don't look at a nice side profile and think "This is indicative of this person being good looking", you think, "this side profile is good looking".

When looking at forward growth the photo must be taken DIRECTLY from the side. If the camera is even slightly moved towards the 2/3rd angle it's not comparable.

Your photo is taken right, but the photo of barret isn't a real side profile. It's slightly inbetween a side and 2/3rd hence making is forward growth look alot better.

Your side profile is actually really good the only real flaw is lack of jawline definition and under neck fat. The ratios and angles are really good tho.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Pitt has a good side profile tho, his side is 99 percentile

Stop this cope already

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756
Here's a real side profile of barret in motion directly from the side. His neck is also straight instead of tilted up to make his jawline more prominent. Really goes to show even male models don't look good from every angle 24/7. Those photos they post are likely edited to make them look even better

Attachments

• images (29).jpeg
    images (29).jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: OverCoper
SIDE PROFILE IS COPE

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
SIDE PROFILE IS COPE WHEN YOUR FRONT IS INFERIOR AND YOU ONLY POSTS PICS OF YOUT FUCKIN SIDE PROFILE

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 756
It's a part of your face it matters. People see it and it subconsciously signals to them stop the cope.

• +1
Reactions: ovosoundszn and Deleted member 756
Bro what are you talking about your side profile is legit chad tier you have insane forward growth the only thing your missing in a browridge and deeper set eyes and even then it’s still very very good

Depth in the face is needed for good eye and jaw area, however side profile isnt needed but a nice bonus. When talking we most likely look straight in the eyes but when walking or doing stuff you see 3/4 view more.

Look at meek mill. He is recessed from the side but godlike from front view and is adored like a god. I notice for females is it important to have forward growth. Haven't seen good looking females with bad forward growth.
Jeremy Meeks is not Meek Mill JFL :feelskek:

• JFL
Reactions: Pumanator
chad tier side profile