The Importance of Sleep

Melatonin 0.3mg works great to readjust circadian rhythm

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235 and Deleted member 5467
Meditate in your bed just before and go to sleep immediately after that.
You will sleep like a baby and regenerate faster and easier.
meditation never worked for me, will have to try it again

• +1
Reactions: Usum
HI IQ one, congratz OP

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
@Lorsss you should add to archive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
can the effects of bad sleep on skin be reversed with good sleep?

• +1
Reactions: Bromose
Tried to be as high effort as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A lack of sleep will age a man a decade”

If you haven’t seen this, awesome Ted Talk on sleep

What you need is consistent quality sleep. It will give you more athletic performance. Increased mood, higher libido, sharper memory, higher testosterone

Beauty sleep isn’t a joke
Also,if you don’t sleep enough, you will look older instantly. Overnight swollen, sunken eyes; dark circles; and pale, dehydrated skin.

View attachment 378408View attachment 378410View attachment 378413

“Several studies of prolonged sleep deprivation also suggest breaks in skin barrier function.Rats subjected to prolonged periods of sleep loss in a study developed ulcerative lesions on their paws and tails, and susceptibility to bacterial infection.”
https://www.mdedge.com/obgyn/articl...ology/beauty-sleep-sleep-deprivation-and-skin

People are less inclined to socialize with people who “looked sleepy”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5451790/

What happens when you don’t get enough sleep?
The less you sleep the more your nuts shrink
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30353813

Study showing the effects just after 1 week of sleep reduction. Testosterone levels were decreased by 10-15% in healthy young males
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4445839/

Sleep deprivation effect on cognitive performance
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656292/

Sleep deprivation triggers immune system to act as if you were under physical stress
https://www.sleepfoundation.org/art...-effect-immune-system-mirrors-physical-stress

Lack of sleep kills libido and results in erectile dysfunction
https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(19)30006-2/fulltext

Japanese workers who went to bed later showed more depressive symptoms than those who went to bed earlier
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24162148

What keeps you from getting good sleep?
Short answer, not having a habit of going to sleep at the same time everyday. It is very easy to fall asleep when you have a natural rhythm set in place.
View attachment 378431
It’s best to follow your body’s natural circadian clock. 8 hours of sleep is the standard recommendation, 10pm to 6am is a good time to sleep and wake for most people. Obviously not possible for everyone.

What fucks up your natural rhythm?
→ Artificial light sources before bed (Blue light)
→ Working night shifts
→ Stimulants: Forcing wakefulness on your body
→ Stress: Increased cortisol

----------SOLUTIONS----------

#1 Best Way: Blue Blockers
If you are not going to stop using your phone before bed, you should probably wear blue light glasses. Wear 3-4 hours before your bedtime. It’s almost impossible to fall asleep at the same time every day, but these make it so much quicker. Good article on blue blockers
https://blueblockglasses.com/blogs/news/what-type-of-blue-blocking-glasses-should-you-get

View attachment 378442

When you want to buy blue blockers you will find clear, orange, or red lenses. The darker colored lenses will filter more harmful light than the clearer versions
→ Clear Lenses
View attachment 378417
→ Orange Lenses
View attachment 378419
→ Red Lenses (This is what you want)
View attachment 378420View attachment 378421

#2 Blackout curtains or use Eye Mask
Tip: If you are going to use the blackout curtains, use black electrical tape and cover any cracks of light coming through (bottom of door, windows, etc.)
View attachment 378422View attachment 378424

#3 Supplements
L-Theanine
It's an amino acid extracted from green tea. It will calm you down and also reduce stress by lowering cortisol.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4728665/
View attachment 378406

Phenibut HCL
Is mostly used as a social lubricant, but will give you deep levels of sleep. Careful as this can have bad withdrawals if abused.
https://delphihealthgroup.com/drugs-and-sleep/phenibut/
View attachment 378429

Honorable Mentions:
Ashwagandha
CBD Oil
Magnesium Glycinate

----------EXTRAS----------
Sleep Tracking: Oura Ring (Expensive but worth it)
View attachment 378534View attachment 378541View attachment 378542

Not important, but this is very useful. It is a fitness tracker that tracks the amount of Deep & REM sleep you get every night. This will allow you to see your baseline of sleep with your current diet, exercise, routine, etc. And you will be able to make adjustments.

Binaural Beats

Software
Will change the color of light on your device depending on the time of the day and your location

iPhone - night shift in settings

Android - Twilight App
View attachment 378668

Computer - f.lux
View attachment 378671

why every retarded ass nigga overthink this shit. don't drink caffiene and wake up early and do normal shit during the day with no naps then go to bed... if you don't fall asleep after this routine you must have sleep apnea or some shit

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado and thecaste
Jaja no, no use google translate si se hablar espanol a un nivel proficiente pero no lo escribo muy bien
Always thought Spanish was ur first language jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4991
why every retarded ass nigga overthink this shit. don't drink caffiene and wake up early and do normal shit during the day with no naps then go to bed... if you don't fall asleep after this routine you must have sleep apnea or some shit

:feelstastyman:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17429, Marsiere214 and Deleted member 5467

Because if it was that simple people wouldn't waste their time developing medication for sleep.

Sleep can increase cognitive performance, there are studies on this. But you are too stupid to read them.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
Thank you. I will sleep more now.

can the effects of bad sleep on skin be reversed with good sleep?
Tbh couldnt tell you, I know that sleep increases HGH levels, and that might improve skin

Fuck man I have insomnia its over.

I will start sleeping less so i can die sooner

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, turkproducer, Chintuck22 and 3 others
Can I go to sleep at 1am and wake up at 9am?

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Htobrother
What if I sleep 4 - 5 hours at night and then take a nap in the afternoon of about 2 hours (using eye mask and eye plug to block all light and noise), making the total sleep hours 6 -7. Would that also be good?

Can I go to sleep at 1am and wake up at 9am?
What if I sleep 4 - 5 hours at night and then take a nap in the afternoon of about 2 hours (using eye mask and eye plug to block all light and noise), making the total sleep hours 6 -7. Would that also be good?

You can if it become your new pattern, but you are fighting your own biological clock doing that
1462983035 circadian rhythm clock 600x528 grande

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, diggbicc and Deleted member 3795
So ideal is to put everything away at midnight and go to sleep?

wait nvm when is ideal?

I try to fall asleep 10-11pm + wakeup 6-8am
-> 6pm start wearing glasses
-> 8pm skin care + red light
-> 9pm sleep supplements + stop using devices
-> 10pm bed

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, randomguy1235 and Deleted member 3795
You can reboot your circadian rhythms by using some hardwiring built into your brain from back when we were cave people and had to get up at certain times if we wanted to not starve to death.

Figure out what time you want to wake up. Now count back at least 16 hours from then. During that time frame, you need to fast... no food and minimal water. Crash out 8 hours prior to your new wake up time, then when you get up, have a decent sized breakfast.

This resets your internal clock by showing it what time of day you need to get up to find food.

Been a world traveler for decades and this really works to reset and avoid jet lag if I know I'll be in one place for a week or longer.

got that from some reddit post i found to reset biological clock

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: infini, Marsiere214, Lev Peshkov and 10 others
  • Love it
Reactions: MentalistKebab and BlackManlet
Alcohol will also wreck your sleep.

Binaural beats + breathing meditation before bed can also be helpful

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother
What is your meditation routine?

Anyone know?
At least one time a day.
Ideally two times a day.

Now, my approach of meditation is based on Walter Russel lessons.

I couldn't sleep today. Went to bed at 3 and kept laying there until 6 when I went to eat something. Right now there's this fine line that runs across below my eyes that has become very noticeable. When I get to sleep 6 hours or more this lines are almost non-existent when I wake up.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste and Deleted member 5467
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, randomguy1235 and menaquinone4maxxer
Just go to sleep Eugene

Cope. Chad never sleeps

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
i create perfect sleeping conditions every time but incel rumination keeps me awake no matter what, it's over

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Marsiere214, Zdeweilx, middayshowers and 1 other person
Is it true that the best time to start sleeping is before midnight? Even if you started sleeping every night after 4am years ago and your body is used to it?

Is it true that the best time to start sleeping is before midnight? Even if you started sleeping every night after 4am years ago and your body is used to it?
bro fix it you are literally killing yourself

• So Sad
Reactions: Scorpioned
  • +1
Reactions: Scorpioned
Just sleep 24 hours bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 5467
Improving my sleep has been a game changer for me in terms of my mood and productivity. Getting into a rhythm is most important.

This study is what I'd recommend reading:

Twenty-two healthy individuals participated in the study. For a period of three weeks participants in the experimental group were asked to:
  • Wake up 2-3 hours before regular wake up time and maximise outdoor light during the mornings.
  • Go to bed 2-3 hours before habitual bedtime and limit light exposure in the evening.
  • Keep sleep/wake times fixed on both work days and free days.
  • Have breakfast as soon as possible after waking up, eat lunch at the same time each day, and refrain from eating dinner after 7pm.
The results highlighted an increase in cognitive (reaction time) and physical (grip strength) performance during the morning when tiredness is often very high in 'night owls', as well as a shift in peak performance times from evening to afternoon. It also increased the number of days in which breakfast was consumed and led to better mental well-being, with participants reporting a decrease in feelings of stress and depression.

• +1
Reactions: latino_, Marsiere214, middayshowers and 4 others
Also for iq? It currently feels like i lost 30 iq points

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother