The "Like" function is a good idea.

Nibba

Using HGH at 6'4 Crew
Way easier than just quoting someone else and adding nothing, makes discussions a lot less easier to read through.
I'd like to implement reps, except the problem is that that stifles free thought. For ex. if you're a big poster you can neg other posters if you don't like or agree with them, which means even if they do have good ideas or info, people will distrust them if they're in the red. I don't want this site to become like lookism where the entire site is about rep battles

UndercovrNormie

Unjustified Napoleon Complex
I'd like to implement reps, except the problem is that that stifles free thought. For ex. if you're a big poster you can neg other posters if you don't like or agree with them, which means even if they do have good ideas or info, people will distrust them if they're in the red. I don't want this site to become like lookism where the entire site is about rep battles
Yeah, the problem with that is the tyranny of the majority, people would get a huge domanine rush for repeating what everyone else says and it'd turn into a Reddit clone :feelsbadman:

Nibba

Using HGH at 6'4 Crew
Yeah, the problem with that is the tyranny of the majority, people would get a huge domanine rush for repeating what everyone else says and it'd turn into a Reddit clone :feelsbadman:
Exactly. Having a like button is perfect imo. Users can like what they do, but dispute the things they don't like

UndercovrNormie

Exactly. Having a like button is perfect imo. Users can like what they do, but dispute the things they don't like
Yeah, and it doesn't give you any kind of status elsewhere, it's not "this user is good", it's "this post is good".

Nibba

Using HGH at 6'4 Crew
Yeah, and it doesn't give you any kind of status elsewhere, it's not "this user is good", it's "this post is good".
Right and then with enough likes, a user can become more reputable (not even status, just looking and saying "hey this guy knows what he's doing")

Sergeant

Admin
Could consider - just throwing an idea out there - adding number of likes under your profile when you post, like "Messages" and "Joined".

UndercovrNormie

Could consider - just throwing an idea out there - adding number of likes under your profile when you post, like "Messages" and "Joined".
Or a like could count towards our level, so if I posted something at it got three likes, it'd count as four messages.

Intel.Imperitive

[-={Imperitor of Intel《♡》Slayer Crew/Roidcel}=-]
The highest Like:post ratio award goes to me ???

GAY

Adept
Way easier than just quoting someone else and adding nothing, makes discussions a lot less easier to read through.
tbh if it is just quotes I agree but if it is quote with added commentary I think it can make the thread interesting

UBER

Livor Mortis
I saw gang negging on a lookism user.
Poor dude has 22k negative rep from a bunch of users and their alts.
Doesn't that create circle jerking and elitism?
Just thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)