The Looksmaxxers Guide to Retin-A/Tretinoin (Skinmaxxers/Acnecels GTFIH)

CopeMaxxer

CopeMaxxer

Bronze
What is it?

Retin-A aka, Tretinoin is a concentrated form of vitamin A that boosts skin collagen production and turnover rates.

How does it give you amazing skin?

As stated above, retin A boosts collagen production and skin turnover rates. Much like a snake sheds its skin, so do humans, albeit at a slower, less noticeable rate. Retin-A speeds this process up, making your old, crusty face slough off faster than usual, giving way to new, rejuvenated, beautiful skin. Retin-A basically addresses any skin issues you might possibly have, leading to the next bullet.

How can it benefit you?

Retin-A basically benefits your skin any way you slice it. It reduces acne incidence by about 50%. Any acne you do have, will go away much faster. In my personal experience, any acne I get (maybe 1 pimple a week, max) goes away within 2 days or so, without me doing anything to it. It essentially dries up, and shrivels away, leaving little pigmentation or scarring. Retin A reduces wrinkles (it helped with some forehead wrinkles I have), and over time evens out your skin pigmentation by shedding away old, pigmented skin and revealing even tone skin that doesn't have pigmentation issues. It is also basically the best anti-aging drug on the planet, second to GH. Here is a picture of a 60 year old woman who used Retin A for 30 years or so:

A before and after is here. Notice what happens to the wrinkles around the eyes and mouth:

What's the Catch? This sounds too good to be true!

There are few catches, and as for the too good to be true part, this is basically the most studied skincare product on the planet, so it is legit. The following are the catches:
  1. This is a prescription drug. However, you can easily find it on your favorite online Indian pharmacy as it is not scheduled :) .
  2. It will cause irritation/dry your face. This is simply due to how the drug acts, it causes your skin to peel and give way faster, thus making your skin more sensitive to the elements and causing more irritation. If you already have dry/irritated skin, be a little wary.
  3. It causes purging. This a process where during the first few weeks and months of use, you will get lots of breakouts/acne. Fear not however, this is literally acne that you would have had anyway, but the Retin A is essentially flushing it out of your skin all at once.
Thus, if you can make it out of the purge, and deal with the irritation and sensitivity, you're golden. Usually, during the first few weeks of use, you will have red/irritated skin that also flakes in certain areas. This is normal, and can be controlled to a certain extent. The following is a basic routine/way of dealing with these things.

Basic Routine:

Products:
  1. Basic Cleanser
  2. Retin A from your favorite source, at your favorite percentage (0.025,0.05, 0.10)
  3. Moisturizer
  4. Petroleum Jelly/Vaseline
  5. Sunscreen, 50 SPF+ (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND IS VERY IMPORTANT)
  6. (Optional) Humectant for added moisture
Evening:
  1. Cleanse face, pat dry
  2. Apply Retin A (in the beginning, apply it maybe 2x weekly, and work your way up to daily. You only want to apply this at night. It is ineffective in the presence of sunlight).
  3. Apply Moisturizer
  4. If your skin is flaking/dry, apply vaseline to the flaking bits/ dry areas, and 3x a week, apply vaseline to the whole face after moisturizing. Vaseline is an occlusive, meaning it seals in moisture provided by your moisturizer, and keeps your skin from drying/peeling/cracking.
Morning:
  1. Cleanse face (use cleanser if you used vaseline the night before)
  2. Apply Humectant
  3. Apply moisturizer
  4. Apply sunscreen

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Amadeus, Deleted member 31020, Detective and 29 others
Retin a is a fucking beast at getting rid of mild to moderate acne scarring. Btw, never caused any purging for me.

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, RiceCel1234, dkalyi and 2 others
Is there a difference between Isotretinoin and Tretinoin?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891
isotretinoin is accutane. much harsher stuff with much worse sides. But it's necessary for very extreme acne cases.

• +1
Reactions: Aqua and badromance
Just eat liver jfl at giving money to the pharma jews.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8853 and Deleted member 483
High IQ post. Will keep in handy.

isotretinoin is an oral drug. it is prescribed only in extreme cases of acne and it can remove all acne forever in 6 months

tretinoin is a topic drug which has a mild effect on acne

What is the difference between a humectant and a moisturizer? Can you recommend a brand?

It will cause irritation/dry your face. This is simply due to how the drug acts, it causes your skin to peel and give way faster, thus making your skin more sensitive to the elements and causing more irritation. If you already have dry/irritated skin, be a little wary.
Just put moisturizer on top of it when you go to bed at night. and no this doesn't decrease the affectiveness of the retin a

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
i need this, my skin quality is FUCKED

Anyone know a site I can get some without a prescription?

I would have hopped on tretinoin already but I heard it makes your skin thinner. What happens if you have to throw down? You're gonna get a nasty gash from the first punch that lands and start bleeding profusely.

This all sounds really exciting for me. I've got cysts and acne scars fuking up my skin appearance, and this sounds like the holy grail to perfect baby skin. Can't wait to get some retinol tbh.

Does it help with superficial acne scars?

• +1
Reactions: x30001
You can take synthetic prescription vitamin A OR you can just eat a shitload of liver every day.

How sensitive and dry will your skin be?

not retinol. TRETINOIN. retinol is a meme non-prescription version.
This all sounds really exciting for me. I've got cysts and acne scars fuking up my skin appearance, and this sounds like the holy grail to perfect baby skin. Can't wait to get some retinol tbh.
How sensitive and dry will your skin be?
Varies, but usually nothing that can't be managed with consistent moisturizer use.
Does it help with superficial acne scars?
yes
if you're in the USA, look up reliablerxpharmacy.

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Can somebody share a link to buy it

BTW this is just what we call accutane

Bitch are you dumb-d-dumb-d-d-dumb
the actual accutane was discontinued a while ago (oral) this community calls retin a or any derivative accutane

• +1
Reactions: Dog face
the actual accutane was discontinued a while ago (oral) this community calls retin a or any derivative accutane
Accutane the brand is discontinued. But the drug is still there under the generic name isotretinoin.
Tretinoin is another derivative of vitamin A, it is a topical cream.
this community calls retin a or any derivative accutane
Never saw that.

What is it?

Retin-A aka, Tretinoin is a concentrated form of vitamin A that boosts skin collagen production and turnover rates.

How does it give you amazing skin?

As stated above, retin A boosts collagen production and skin turnover rates. Much like a snake sheds its skin, so do humans, albeit at a slower, less noticeable rate. Retin-A speeds this process up, making your old, crusty face slough off faster than usual, giving way to new, rejuvenated, beautiful skin. Retin-A basically addresses any skin issues you might possibly have, leading to the next bullet.

How can it benefit you?

Retin-A basically benefits your skin any way you slice it. It reduces acne incidence by about 50%. Any acne you do have, will go away much faster. In my personal experience, any acne I get (maybe 1 pimple a week, max) goes away within 2 days or so, without me doing anything to it. It essentially dries up, and shrivels away, leaving little pigmentation or scarring. Retin A reduces wrinkles (it helped with some forehead wrinkles I have), and over time evens out your skin pigmentation by shedding away old, pigmented skin and revealing even tone skin that doesn't have pigmentation issues. It is also basically the best anti-aging drug on the planet, second to GH. Here is a picture of a 60 year old woman who used Retin A for 30 years or so:

View attachment 9339

A before and after is here. Notice what happens to the wrinkles around the eyes and mouth:

View attachment 9342

What's the Catch? This sounds too good to be true!

There are few catches, and as for the too good to be true part, this is basically the most studied skincare product on the planet, so it is legit. The following are the catches:
  1. This is a prescription drug. However, you can easily find it on your favorite online Indian pharmacy as it is not scheduled :) .
  2. It will cause irritation/dry your face. This is simply due to how the drug acts, it causes your skin to peel and give way faster, thus making your skin more sensitive to the elements and causing more irritation. If you already have dry/irritated skin, be a little wary.
  3. It causes purging. This a process where during the first few weeks and months of use, you will get lots of breakouts/acne. Fear not however, this is literally acne that you would have had anyway, but the Retin A is essentially flushing it out of your skin all at once.
Thus, if you can make it out of the purge, and deal with the irritation and sensitivity, you're golden. Usually, during the first few weeks of use, you will have red/irritated skin that also flakes in certain areas. This is normal, and can be controlled to a certain extent. The following is a basic routine/way of dealing with these things.

Basic Routine:

Products:
  1. Basic Cleanser
  2. Retin A from your favorite source, at your favorite percentage (0.025,0.05, 0.10)
  3. Moisturizer
  4. Petroleum Jelly/Vaseline
  5. Sunscreen, 50 SPF+ (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND IS VERY IMPORTANT)
  6. (Optional) Humectant for added moisture
Evening:
  1. Cleanse face, pat dry
  2. Apply Retin A (in the beginning, apply it maybe 2x weekly, and work your way up to daily. You only want to apply this at night. It is ineffective in the presence of sunlight).
  3. Apply Moisturizer
  4. If your skin is flaking/dry, apply vaseline to the flaking bits/ dry areas, and 3x a week, apply vaseline to the whole face after moisturizing. Vaseline is an occlusive, meaning it seals in moisture provided by your moisturizer, and keeps your skin from drying/peeling/cracking.
Morning:
  1. Cleanse face (use cleanser if you used vaseline the night before)
  2. Apply Humectant
  3. Apply moisturizer
  4. Apply sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
I would not recommend washing your face 3x a day like you have, your face will be super dry

I started to Miss CopeMaxxer

• +1
Reactions: CopeMaxxer and androidcel
isnt using it everyday bad for your skin?

Can I use a cream with vitamin C or just a Moisturizer at night after Retin-A ?

Thx

Bookmarked this tbh