The ultimate verdict on masseter muscles

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Chewing for masseter muscles is one of the biggest looksmax memes.

Looksmaxing is all about BALANCE and should be relative to each specific individual.

If you have a narrow jaw compared to the rest of your face, then do it.

But if you have a wide/fat lower face or narrow cheekbones/temples DO NOT grow your masseters. You will look like a bloated, ugly chipmunk.

At the end of the day, it’s BONE that makes your face look aesthetic, not smooth round muscle.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22639, the next o'pry, Deleted member 4946 and 10 others
this guy ascended hard by reducing his masseter with botox injections
this picture debunks all stupid theories about chewing

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic, CursedOne, Deleted member 4946 and 5 others
get implants to mimik bones

Chewing increases IGF 1 production and thus shapes the mandibular bone

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: zeshama, Deleted member 4946, Deleted member 14262 and 4 others

View attachment 152552
I got masseter Botox done literally today which inspired me to make this thread lol

When my masseters are bloated I look fat, but if I haven’t eaten after a while I look like a different person, it’s crazy

Nice pic too

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and Britishlooksmaxxer
The thing you didn't understand is that nobody really cares about masseters

We're chewing for bone shaping

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: CursedOne, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 470 and 1 other person
Chewing increases IGF 1 production and thus shapes the mandibular bone
Jaw size should be relative, having a lantern jaw will look ridiculous if the rest of your bones are bad.

Having said that, chewing only retains bone, it will not build bone after puberty. Once again another meme spread by the Mike Mew crew.

• Hmm...
Reactions: MrGlutton
Chewing for masseter muscles is one of the biggest looksmax memes.

Looksmaxing is all about BALANCE and should be relative to each specific individual.

If you have a narrow jaw compared to the rest of your face, then do it.

But if you have a wide/fat lower face or narrow cheekbones/temples DO NOT grow your masseters. You will look like a bloated, ugly chipmunk.

At the end of the day, it’s BONE that makes your face look aesthetic, not smooth round muscle.
Chewing and strenghtening those muscles has been shown to develop stronger bones and a bigger mandible, something everyone should want. I agree tho, if you already have a broad jaw its at least not an immediate looksmax

sérieusement?

Oui monsieur

Jaw size should be relative, having a lantern jaw will look ridiculous if the rest of your bones are bad.

Having said that, chewing only retains bone, it will not build bone after puberty. Once again another meme spread by the Mike Mew crew.

Mandibular bone fuses only at 22-23. But it's true that after this age, chewing won't do anything

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: MrGlutton and Deleted member 3043
Oui monsieur

Mandibular bone fuses only at 22-23. But it's true that after this age, chewing won't do anything
i'm 22 close to 23 yo jfl what to do

Its about your masseter insertions

I have godly insertions which makes me look better when I chew. I'll put my transformation after 6 months and you'll be sucking my dick to get my routine

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Joodz and Deleted member 3043
Chewing and strenghtening those muscles has been shown to develop stronger bones and a bigger mandible, something everyone should want. I agree tho, if you already have a broad jaw its at least not an immediate looksmax
As I’ve said to Random Guy, chewing after a certain age will do nothing to increase bone size. All it will do is
minimise bone loss.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043

I bet you don't have any before pics that prove chewing reshaped your jaw

I have godly insertions which makes me look better when I chew. I'll put my transformation after 6 months and you'll be sucking my dick to get my routine
put kardesim

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043

Did you miss the part where I said it’s relative to the individual? If it looks good on you then keep doing it, I don’t care.

As I’ve said to Random Guy, chewing after a certain age will do nothing to increase bone size. All it will do is
minimise bone loss.
I disagree. Pressure on bones can increase bone size no matter the age, I can look for the study but basically the made people play tennis for 5 years, and they were way past puberty, after those five years the mass of the bones (Elle and Speiche in german, dont know the english words) had significantly increased. Labeling everything cope helps noone

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
I disagree. Pressure on bones can increase bone size no matter the age, I can look for the study but basically the made people play tennis for 5 years, and they were way past puberty, after those five years the mass of the bones (Elle and Speiche in german, dont know the english words) had significantly increased. Labeling everything cope helps noone
Can you show me the study or proof that chewing after early twenties increases bone mass to any significant degree?

If you have a narrow jaw, by all means chew away and increase muscle/try to increase bone. But not “everyone” should want to increase their jaw size.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
Can you show me the study or proof that chewing after early twenties increases bone mass to any significant degree?

If you have a narrow jaw, by all means chew away and increase muscle/try to increase bone. But not “everyone” should want to increase their jaw size.
Quote me on that, Ill find it, writing an important paper rn. I agree to a degree, even tho bone mass over the face correlates so most people who are not gl also dont have a perfect mandible, so bone mass there is great

Our data indicate that masticatory force can prompt changes in facial structure by modulating the function of cells that regulate bone reconstruction," says co-author Tomoki Nakashima. "This discovery -- that increased chewing itself can directly change the shape of the jawbone -- could facilitate the development of treatments for skeletal abnormalities, such as jaw deformities.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and Deleted member 3043

Our data indicate that masticatory force can prompt changes in facial structure by modulating the function of cells that regulate bone reconstruction," says co-author Tomoki Nakashima. "This discovery -- that increased chewing itself can directly change the shape of the jawbone -- could facilitate the development of treatments for skeletal abnormalities, such as jaw deformities.
Thanks for this.

I now agree that extensive chewing can change bone but whether people should do it is still relative to what the rest of their face looks like, just like with masseter growth.

• +1
Reactions: MrGlutton
Thanks for this.

I now agree that extensive chewing can change bone but whether people should do it is still relative to what the rest of their face looks like, just like with masseter growth.
Yeah, harmony is primordial

chew for bone gains, then atrophy your masseters if you're so concerned.

• +1
Reactions: xdw15, MrGlutton, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person
People has to remember its not all about chewing its also about chewing with the right posture. Because you posture also put force on bone to shape them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262 and hairyballscel
He looked better before tbh.Also hairline lowering keep that in mind
yea second one looks like he hopped on a tranny pill, looks gay and low T af, literally showing the importance of high fwhr

Bone density, yes, length, no. Thickness also maybe but not length. You can't visibly see bone density so increasing it won't make an aesthetic difference.

View attachment 152552
botox injections to reduce the masseters? where did you read this? personally i found this: https://www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com/blog/am-i-a-candidate-for-cheek-reduction/

they claim that this patient had a combination of cheekbones shaving and buccal fat removal, the goal was to make his face seem less round which makes sense to me as the masseters look unchanged if you autistically look at them. Also subtle lightning differences and different head tilt (look at the eye area and his chin) making his face appear taller

People has to remember its not all about chewing its also about chewing with the right posture. Because you posture also put force on bone to shape them.
When I eat at work I stand my back against a wall and chin tuck really hard. Luckily our lunchroom is small so I can still hear what my coworkers are discussing.

"ultimate"
:feelsuhh:

View attachment 152552
LITERALLY REFERENCED THIS PICTURE IN A POST... everyone said he "descended"
T
I got masseter Botox done literally today which inspired me to make this thread lol

When my masseters are bloated I look fat, but if I haven’t eaten after a while I look like a different person, it’s crazy

Nice pic too
Thinking about getting this procedure too (masseter reduction)

so much BS theories abound in PSL circles run by heterosexual incels who can't get laid
preferring wider, more masculinized face is one of them. actually the whole DOM theory is retarded
being alpha among men does not equal pussy slayer. they are correlated for sure, but not necessarily
r/ladyboners and other similar communities already exposed most of lookism memes as unfounded and untrue

facial aesthetics is all about balance and harmony
if you have a wide, bloated face then narrow it down. if it's the opposite, then go ahead and mew and chew
the point is to try to find that golden sweet spot, instead of always shooting for the extreme like an autist

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and joseph
so much BS theories abound in PSL circles run by heterosexual incels who can't get laid
preferring wider, more masculinized face is one of them. actually the whole DOM theory is retarded
being alpha among men does not equal pussy slayer. they are correlated for sure, but not necessarily
r/ladyboners and other similar communities already exposed most of lookism memes as unfounded and untrue

facial aesthetics is all about balance and harmony
if you have a wide, bloated face then narrow it down. if it's the opposite, then go ahead and mew and chew
the point is trying to find that golden sweet spot, instead of always shooting for the extreme like an autist
Was waiting for this confirmation.. Thank you