Theory on front cam selfies

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
For many cels, taking a selfie can be a suifuel experience. But I have often wondered why some people look ok in them (especially women) but others look utterly subhuman. So apart from having good features as being an explanation, this is the only theory I have come up with. Women tend to not be as affected by lens distortion ins selfies as men I find and I believe this may be due to smaller skull size. ded srs. You see, if you think about it, a smaller object can have the camera closer to it and not be effected, whereas a larger object (such as a bigger skull) needs a longer range shot. So, skull size of the subject is one possible reason.

The second reason is skull shape. Now, before the high fwhr copers get in here, tall faces and maybe some narrow faces, can look aesthetic and be chad. But tall/long/narrow faces have a fatal flaw, and that is that they are vulnerable to lens distortion more than a round or square face is. While a square face becomes narrower in a selfie, an already irl narrow face becomes even more narrow, to the point it becomes subhuman.

These are just some copes theories that I have come up with, not declaring it to be fact.

• +1
Reactions: Oueyy, FMLplus, Deleted member 470 and 1 other person
I think its just lens distortion. There is a comparison online somewhere...and why you should get professional shots as much as possible.

• +1
Reactions: Bluepill
I have puny skull and lens distortion is still in full effect

Bro. Try taking a selfie using a stick. You'll look like a different man.

• +1
Reactions: MrLeeMaxxing and Deleted member 685
I find that zooming in helps with the lens distortion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 245, Deleted member 2426 and Luke LLL
I think its just lens distortion. There is a comparison online somewhere...and why you should get professional shots as much as possible.
Yeah it's due to lense distortion

I look shit in pics ded srs

Hey guys - I just started taking selfies using the rear camera. There is a WORLD of difference using the flash on the rear. Great thread.. something newbies should be seeing. Can someone sticky this thread? It needs to be seen.

Let me show you what I’ve seen. I don’t know anything about cameras or lens but this is what I see.

No Flash Front Camera Selfie.
And
Flash Rear Camera Selfie

The flash adds warmth and contrast to my features.

Someone want to add to this as to how we can improve our image on social media?

Have a great day Boyos.

0FE1DE4D 6432 40ED A9FB 9214CB25320F
0B1E8911 4616 41B6 AC29 7C6A3A23F71C

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and KrissKross
Hey guys - I just started taking selfies using the rear camera. There is a WORLD of difference using the flash on the rear. Great thread.. something newbies should be seeing. Can someone sticky this thread? It needs to be seen.

Let me show you what I’ve seen. I don’t know anything about cameras or lens but this is what I see.

No Flash Front Camera Selfie.
And
Flash Rear Camera Selfie

The flash adds warmth and contrast to my features.

Someone want to add to this as to how we can improve our image on social media?

Have a great day Boyos.

View attachment 96919View attachment 96920

Good looking guy

• +1
Reactions: Austrian Oak, ULTRATERAX63, Dicklet.4.3 and 1 other person
For many cels, taking a selfie can be a suifuel experience. But I have often wondered why some people look ok in them (especially women) but others look utterly subhuman. So apart from having good features as being an explanation, this is the only theory I have come up with. Women tend to not be as affected by lens distortion ins selfies as men I find and I believe this may be due to smaller skull size. ded srs. You see, if you think about it, a smaller object can have the camera closer to it and not be effected, whereas a larger object (such as a bigger skull) needs a longer range shot. So, skull size of the subject is one possible reason.

The second reason is skull shape. Now, before the high fwhr copers get in here, tall faces and maybe some narrow faces, can look aesthetic and be chad. But tall/long/narrow faces have a fatal flaw, and that is that they are vulnerable to lens distortion more than a round or square face is. While a square face becomes narrower in a selfie, an already irl narrow face becomes even more narrow, to the point it becomes subhuman.

These are just some copes theories that I have come up with, not declaring it to be fact.
Pretty sure this is true actually, I’ve been using the same cope for a while now. Mostly because when I see one of my friends (who has a tiny skull despite being 5’11) taking selfies he actually looks better in them than he does in real life, mostly because it makes his skin look more even I think. Also lens distortion doesn’t seem to affect him very much. Another point on this is once I was in a Snapchat group from my AP Lit class and someone in the group who has a giant head sent a snap on accident and he looked completely subhuman in that picture. He looks decent irl but in the snap he looked completely different.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470 and KrissKross
iPhone XR front camera makes my skull look wide but the rear camera makes my skull look tall.

iPhone XR front camera makes my skull look wide but the rear camera makes my skull look tall.
same bro the XR camera is annoying

All I know is that when someone else is taking a picture, i go up like 3 points

I have a 6 plus iPhone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
All I know is that when someone else is taking a picture, i go up like 3 points

I have a 6 plus iPhone
Same, I look good in pictures taken by other people, but I look subhuman when I take them.

cope, chad takes selfies and he's not even thinking that he looks worst

• +1
Reactions: justanothergymcell
Fwhr 2
balanced thirds and no asymmetries are immune to distortion

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and KrissKross
Fwhr 2
balanced thirds and no asymmetries are immune to distortion

This. Since my masseter reduction qhen im on a low bloat day I no longer have "bad" pics no matter the angle and distance. Obviously there is a difference but I guess that by inmunity you mean that one does no longer look subhuman in front cam. In my case it qas the unbalance that my extremely bulging and hypertrofied masseters caused. On bloat days i have bad pics but no longer on no-bloat ones. Its not about skull size its about porportions and sharpness.

iPhone X front camera sucks it doesn’t capture the dept of my feature used a asis phone and holy shit I look a lot better using the front cam

ur just ugly teory

• +1
Reactions: shimada