Thick hair is not ideal

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
You want dense hair, not thick hair.

Density = Number of hair follicles.
Thickness = How thick each individual follicle is.

Hair that’s too thick/voluminous is not good because it makes your hair look poofy which makes your face look fatter.

Only men with very good bone structure look good with thick, poofy hair.

If you have thick hair follicles, you need to condition as much as possible, especially after shampoo. This adds moisture and makes it look softer/finer which is ideal.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, arabcelxxx, AscendingHero and 8 others

Thank god, luckily my hair is very dense! Good to know im ideal!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: currylightskin, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9344 and 14 others
Keep coping

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: tdawg, JizzFarmer and Danish_Retard
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and Gaia262
Should you even shampoo thick hair?

Jfl I have maximum thickness and density.
Fucking mess tbh,hard to style curtains

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, LowTierNormie, Deleted member 1849 and 2 others

facts, whenI get a haircut they schedule me for 2 slots because it’s so thick. Any suggestions for wtf to do?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2352
Should you even shampoo thick hair?
Just condition
I’m in same situation, use conditioner only and no shampoo.

In terms of hair product, use water-based ones so they wash out with only water.
facts, whenI get a haircut they schedule me for 2 slots because it’s so thick. Any suggestions for wtf to do?
^

neither thickness nor density of hair matters as long as it is blonde nordic chad - ur good

• +1
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown
True, look at @Short Ugly and Brown hair
IMG 2331 3

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, Sikkunt23 and 4 others
  • +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: arabcelxxx, AscendingHero, Deleted member 5912 and 2 others
Thick or thin hair on chad doesn’t matter. Thin hair on truecel, then it’s long over for ya.
neither thickness nor density of hair matters as long as it is blonde nordic chad - ur good
Then I’m good

Thick or thin hair on chad doesn’t matter. Thin hair on truecel, then it’s long over for ya.

Then I’m good
Well I already mentioned that thick hair looks good on people with good bone structure...
I dunno man i got fine hair and if i use stuff like pomade you can see my scalp sometimes that is pretty bad

Jesus christ
If you can see you your scalp, that means your hair lacks density (number of follicles), you need high density.

Scalp visibility has nothing to do with the thickness (how thick each follicle is). Thickness is what I’m referring to here.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer
@JamesHowlett is the hair expert on this website. we should all bask in his knowledge

• +1
Reactions: JizzFarmer and JamesHowlett
Well I already mentioned that thick hair looks good on people with good bone structure...

If you can see you your scalp, that means your hair lacks density (number of follicles), you need high density.

Scalp visibility has nothing to do with the thickness (how thick each follicle is). Thickness is what I’m referring to here.
Does johnny depp have good bone structure?

Indeed. It's so easy to create volume in regular hair. Thick hair just ends up making it harder to style.

Thick hair looks nice for messy styles but usually also comes with other drawbacks such as sebum buildup, oily scalp, and dandruff.

Indeed. It's so easy to create volume in regular hair. Thick hair just ends up making it harder to style.

Thick hair looks nice for messy styles but usually also comes with other drawbacks such as sebum buildup, oily scalp, and dandruff.
I have thick as fuck hair and messy deffo suits me best. I also have all those drawbacks haha

I have thin hair but low density so some hairstyles look off for me as it makes me look like I'm thinning.

I have comedy tier density like top 1-3% density according to a HT surgeon, one of the highest he'd recently seen

thickness is average and it looks dogshit imo. Ideal is reasonably thick and lots of density

I have comedy tier density like top 1-3% density according to a HT surgeon, one of the highest he'd recently seen

thickness is average and it looks dogshit imo. Ideal is reasonably thick and lots of density
So your hair is incredibly dense with average thickness and it looks shit?

Got any pics? Maybe you don’t have the right cut or style.

So your hair is incredibly dense with average thickness and it looks shit?

Got any pics? Maybe you don’t have the right cut or style.

IIRC my hair density was about 25-30% greater than average and this was taken from the donor area so it's static even amongst balding people

hair thickness was around 45-55th percentile and it was consistent over my entire head with 0 male pattern baldness signs on any zones (they check multiple zones in HT surgeon offices)

I'm overreacting a bit tbh, it's more like my hair would look better with more thickness. I get told my hair is good quite often but average thickness definitely aint aydeal

IIRC my hair density was about 25-30% greater than average and this was taken from the donor area so it's static even amongst balding people

hair thickness was around 45-55th percentile and it was consistent over my entire head with 0 male pattern baldness signs on any zones (they check multiple zones in HT surgeon offices)

I'm overreacting a bit tbh, it's more like my hair would look better with more thickness. I get told my hair is good quite often but average thickness definitely aint aydeal
I’m just a bit confused as you’re saying your hair is incredibly dense but you’ve had a HT... density at the donor site is irrelevant tbh, too density is most important.

Fine-average thickness hair is ideal trust me. The aesthetic, sleek hair you see in male models is low hair thickness but high density. Hair that’s too thick looks coarse, dry and is too hard to style. I have incredibly thick hair, i know the struggle haha

Lucky me I have thin hair.
Screenshot 20200613 063327

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18325
You want dense hair, not thick hair.

Density = Number of hair follicles.
Thickness = How thick each individual follicle is.

Hair that’s too thick/voluminous is not good because it makes your hair look poofy which makes your face look fatter.

Only men with very good bone structure look good with thick, poofy hair.

If you have thick hair follicles, you need to condition as much as possible, especially after shampoo. This adds moisture and makes it look softer/finer which is ideal.
post examples of what you consider "too thick"

I have extreme thin and fine hair, I literally have the incel trait of "hair seems to overreact to the wind"

post examples of what you consider "too thick"
Look at post number 12. Extremely thick hair also tends to be dry and coarse too.

Look at post number 12. Extremely thick hair also tends to be dry and coarse too.
his haircuts shit though jfl, on top of that it's usually ethnics with coarse wavy hair, so basically over before it even started anyway.

My hair is almost 10 inches long and it still doesn't flow at all or fall down easily, because of how thick and dense it is. Medium thickness and high density is optimal

Images 17
Very true tbh, users dont get your point very well doe.
Dense hair with fine silky soft hair follicles is the ideal.
This is what it looks like, its usually associated with whites, while thick hair is mostly found in ethnics, looks unclean and hard to style.
Download 9

Download 7

I’m just a bit confused as you’re saying your hair is incredibly dense but you’ve had a HT... density at the donor site is irrelevant tbh, too density is most important.

Fine-average thickness hair is ideal trust me. The aesthetic, sleek hair you see in male models is low hair thickness but high density. Hair that’s too thick looks coarse, dry and is too hard to style. I have incredibly thick hair, i know the struggle haha

Nah didn't get a HT went in to discuss the possibility of one as a nw1.25-1.5 range (confirmed by surgeon) due to some nutrition related hairloss I had at 17/18 (now 25) the hair density was the same across my entire head w/no recession

View attachment 459007Very true tbh, users dont get your point very well doe.
Dense hair with fine silky soft hair follicles is the ideal.
This is what it looks like, its usually associated with whites, while thick hair is mostly found in ethnics, looks unclean and hard to style.
View attachment 459010
View attachment 459008
i bet zayn has 1% hair thickness and thats the only reason it looks good
i have "full head of hair" of beckham quality and looks ogre