Thickness of maxillary bone and MSE

Deleted member 11099

Deleted member 11099

Iron
@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

I want to do MSE prior to Bimax in order to reverse the utter rape of my face by my previuos orthodontist. I contacted the only MSE practitioner in my country, and he said that he treats only patients that are below 30 and where the maxillary bone is thick enough. This last point worries me a lot, since pre-molar extractions (which i got at 15) causes your maxillary bone to thin out.

Anyone with experience installing MSE, or doing MSE and who had extractions prior could enlighten me?

@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

I want to do MSE prior to Bimax in order to reverse the utter rape of my face by my previuos orthodontist. I contacted the only MSE practitioner in my country, and he said that he treats only patients that are below 30 and where the maxillary bone is thick enough. This last point worries me a lot, since pre-molar extractions (which i got at 15) causes your maxillary bone to thin out.

Anyone with experience installing MSE, or doing MSE and who had extractions prior could enlighten me?
Ok, I will enlighten you: get an appointment with him and let him evaluate you and decide.

There must be enough bone where the screws are placed. That is measured on a CT or a CBCT.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 11099
Ok, I will enlighten you: get an appointment with him and let him evaluate you and decide.

There must be enough bone where the screws are placed. That is measured on a CT or a CBCT.
Typically in what cases is there a bone deficiency that makes MSE installation impossible? Extreme downswing and vertical growth pattern?

You can't predict if the bone between your palate and nasal cavity is too thin without imaging. A lateral cephalogram might give you some idea, but your MSE provider will take a CBCT to plan your treatment. In cases where the bone is thin, the TADs can be placed more anteriorly where the bone tends to be thicker as long as bicortical engagement can still be achieved. If the bone is too thin, the TADs won't be stable and will just tilt or drag.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11099