This forum's perception of average is wildly inaccurate.

O

Ocelot

tl;dr: .me's perception of average skewed; we underrate people who are below 5 PSL.

"Average man is 6'1"
"Below average, 3.75 PSL," to an above average person.
I've noticed a consistent trend from discussions on this forum regarding rating a person who isn't above 5 PSL. By this I mean that people below 5 PSL are often underrated due to a bad perception of what is average, but those who are around 5 PSL (comfortably above average) and above are rated well.

This forum seems to think (at least going by how you rate) that average is a few minor failos like some UEE, maybe a slightly crooked nose, etc. and that's it.
Most users rated average here are definitely above average. They might mention they get IOIs and do well with women too.
Many average features =/ average overall rating. Hear me out. A person with an "average" jaw, cheekbones, and eye area, is already above average. Why? Because the average man does not have all features as average. He might have a few average features, and a few below average features according to PSL perception. This is because what we mean when we say average to an individual feature is unimpressive, not striking nor bad. The looks of the average man on the other hand, is always changing. Currently, I would say the average man most commonly has some failos (way more than what this site seems to think), maybe one or two halos, or no halos and a few minor failos, you get my point.

So many users have posted pics here, and the vast majority are above average to the point that they would get called good looking, genuinely. Of course, this is biased since it's most probable that those who are ugly wouldn't post their pics, but you get the point. Anyone who's done some travelling, goes outside often, will probably agree.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, anactualdude, turkproducer and 11 others
tl;dr: .me's perception of average skewed; we underrate people who are below 5 PSL.

"Average man is 6'1"
I've noticed a consistent trend from discussions on this forum regarding rating a person who isn't above 5 PSL. By this I mean that people below 5 PSL are often underrated due to a bad perception of what is average, but those who are around 5 PSL (comfortably above average) and above are rated well.

This forum seems to think (at least going by how you rate) that average is a few minor failos like some UEE, maybe a slightly crooked nose, etc. and that's it.
Most users rated average here are definitely above average. They might mention they get IOIs and do well with women too.
Many average features =/ average overall rating. Hear me out. A person with an "average" jaw, cheekbones, and eye area, is already above average. Why? Because the average man does not have all features as average. He might have a few average features, and a few below average features according to PSL perception. This is because what we mean when we say average to an individual feature is unimpressive, not striking nor bad. The looks of the average man on the other hand, is always changing. Currently, I would say the average man most commonly has some failos (way more than what this site seems to think), maybe one or two halos, or no halos and a few minor failos, you get my point.

So many users have posted pics here, and the vast majority are above average to the point that they would get called good looking, genuinely. Of course, this is biased since it's most probable that those who are ugly wouldn't post their pics, but you get the point. Anyone who's done some travelling, goes outside often, will probably agree.
Too much ink man, you are overwhelming me.

bro

rating 3-5psl people is bullshit to be honest

we dont rate people in psl

we divide them in 3 categories:

-goodlooking
-ugly
-tolerable

and thats it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, stuckneworleans, hebbewem and 9 others
bro

rating 3-5psl people is bullshit to be honest

we dont rate people in psl

we divide them in 3 categories:

-goodlooking
-ugly
-tolerable

and thats it
Correct, that's how humans work, and we suffer the same bias when it comes to rating people here.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel

"Average man is 6'1"

No.

PSL compares to highest tier looking people overall. That's why its harsh. If you want normie rating go on r/amiugly

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Effortless, SubhumanCurrycel and 4 others
No.

PSL compares to highest tier looking people overall. That's why its harsh. If you want normie rating go on r/amiugly
When using the word "average" it is imperative to consider the entire population, and not Gandy and O'Pry. If we did this, consider that they aren't flawless 8 PSL, so we do not even have a clear reference point. Combine this with the fact that people do not agree on PSL ratings for people above 6.5-7 PSL.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and SubhumanCurrycel
When using the word "average" it is imperative to consider the entire population, and not Gandy and O'Pry. If we did this, consider that they aren't flawless 8 PSL, so we do not even have a clear reference point. Combine this with the fact that people do not agree on PSL ratings for people above 6.5-7 PSL.
I rather rate people:
Ugly
Below average
Average
Above average
Good looking
Insane/absurd looking

Tbh

Instead of using dumb numbers.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4213, LowTierNormie and Deleted member 7240
The whole numbered rating systems is absurd. Are you GL enough that you can have a girl attracted to you whom you are also attracted to, this is the crux of the entire issue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Deleted member 4213, 5'8manlet and 5 others
we are comparing ourselves to the competition ie the men who actually get laid, which is why being below 6' or over 10% bf is bad. of course the average man is not that, but the average man doesnt slay.

The whole numbered rating systems is absurd. Are you GL enough that you can have a girl attracted to you whom you are also attracted to, this is the crux of the entire issue
In practicality, that is all that matters, but this forum goes beyond that, obsessing over male models' features and ratings, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765 and Deleted member 3512
You are right OP, but this is what happen when a bunch of autists focus on look like greta thumber focus on climate changes

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765, Deleted member 7240, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Average population is overweight or at least high bf% so they are automatically subhuman.
When I say average personally I am referring to people at a normal bf range anything outside is out of consideration.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Average population is overweight or at least high bf% so they are automatically subhuman.
When I say average personally I am referring to people at a normal bf range anything outside is out of consideration.
Then it would be the average out of the above average, so to speak. Top 20% is easier to achieve than many think, particularly as a white guy.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, Karstossos, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
Then it would be the average out of the above average, so to speak. Top 20% is easier to achieve than many think, particularly as a white guy.
The average white guy just needs to maintain collagen hair low bf% and gymcel a little and he’s already in top 20% of the general male population.

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, Danish_Retard and Ocelot
Ocelot, the people here don't want to understand. They love to pity themselves and feel bad for their looks. Even if they are completely average

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3512 and Ocelot
It's because PSL "average" does not compare using the population average, PSL compares worst features to ideal features regardless of population.

Average PSL would actually mean decent looking in real life. Average people in real life are ugly.

• +1
Reactions: Beetlejuice and Danish_Retard
Average guy is 6ft1 with a 7 inch NBP dick.

It's because PSL "average" does not compare using the population average, PSL compares worst features to ideal features regardless of population.

Average PSL would actually mean decent looking in real life. Average people in real life are ugly.
I am aware of this from ArabIncel's thread. But by definition, it is not an average then. We throw around terms like average and below average when we mean something altogether different.

Also god-tier avi halo dedsrs

In practicality, that is all that matters, but this forum goes beyond that, obsessing over male models' features and ratings, etc.
Id just say

If you can get that consistently you’re good looking
If you have had that on a few occasions then you’re normie
If you’ve never had that you’re ugly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4332
The reality is that most people are subhumans

• JFL
Reactions: Karstossos