tongue pokes to tone under chin area?

Kill_Jew

Kill_Jew

15,000 karma
Overheard a girl in one of my classes saying she does tongue pokes to take away her double chin. Her under chin area was pretty good ngl. Here's a possible theory behind this. The digastric muscle is the antithesis of the tongue, it is involved in the process of elevating the hyoid bone during swallowing. When the tongue pokes out, the hyoid bone is at its lowest and the digastric muscles resist its downward force. As the digastric muscles get stronger, subconsciously they tighten up, raising the hyoid, contributing to a more toned under chin area. This is just a theory though and i'm not too sure if the digastric muscle is the opposing muscle of the tongue, but i do feel some tension under the chin when trying to poke my tongue out a lot. Out and down seems to give the most tension.
maxresdefault.jpg
300px-Digastric_muscle.PNG

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheChosenChad and Tiddlywink
pokes me

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: manlet cUnt and Kill_Jew
uhmm, so what the fuck are we supposed to do lol

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
uhmm, so what the fuck are we supposed to do lol
Poke tongue out and down, try to touch your chin with your tongue. Hold that position for a few secs and repeat.

Ever heard of mewing? You mongoloid.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Xyzyzyx, Deleted member 1553 and Ropemaxing
How do people even young even have double chin?
I thought only fat peoples could have double chin

Hyoid position is just genetics even

I'm very surprised by the low IQ responses to this. The OP isn't super well put together but it definitely works. I can feel the hyoid muscles tensing and being worked when doing this and pulling the hyoid bone upwards.

• +1
Reactions: Kill_Jew
Poke tongue out and down, try to touch your chin with your tongue. Hold that position for a few secs and repeat.
are you supposed to keep your mouth closed?

Another troll trying to make his competition anti-mew so we end up with shitty faces. SNEAKY

• JFL
Reactions: Tiddlywink
are you supposed to keep your mouth closed?
Is it really that hard to understand?
Einstein_tongue.jpg

Do this. Feel tension in your muscles in your sub-mental region.
Another troll trying to make his competition anti-mew so we end up with shitty faces. SNEAKY
What part of this is anti-mew? It's an exercise you can do a few minutes a day to potentially raise your hyoid. Might increase the pitch of your voice though.
maxresdefault.jpg

In the first picture, you can clearly see that the muscle is connected with the hyoid bone. Therefore tightening the muscle should move the hyoid bone up.

You shit cunts complain about low effort threads but don't even read my high effort threads :feelswah:

To amend my original theory, I'd say that instead of the hyoid lowering when the tongue pokes out, I now believe that the tongue itself provides resistance to the digastric muscles in the same way that the deltoids do for the traps. Since starting the exercise i've noticed a more firm submental and a pronounced antegonial notch from the side profile which wasn't visible before.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Xyzyzyx
The tongue position affects the hyoid position. I’ve seen this on my X-rays where my hyoid sometimes looks low and other times looks high. The maxfac told me the tongue pulls the hyoid up.

You don’t need to actively do exercises for the tongue. Just keep it on roof of your mouth

You shit cunts complain about low effort threads but don't even read my high effort threads :feelswah:

To amend my original theory, I'd say that instead of the hyoid lowering when the tongue pokes out, I now believe that the tongue itself provides resistance to the digastric muscles in the same way that the deltoids do for the traps. Since starting the exercise i've noticed a more firm submental and a pronounced antegonial notch from the side profile which wasn't visible before.
before and after pics? also, how many times we should do it and how long for each time?

Great theory, time to test it.