Tretinoin without acne worth it?

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Bronze
If i have virtually no acne, is tret still gonna give any real nice benefit? Im 22 years old if that matters

Yeah for anti-aging
Gets rid of fine lines and makes skin smoother

• +1
Reactions: lenin and chasing aesthetics
i have no acne and tret gave me weird wrinkles. i hope it will not be permanent :(

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽., WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 7098
Are you actually fucking retarded, or just intentionally acting stupid?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and WadlowMaxxing
Yes, and just live with hope that it won't block your androgen receptors, don't use it no matter what till your 20's bruh:lul:

It's not as strong as tret but yeah it functions similarly. Tret's better tho
Since it is a medication marketed primarily for treating acne as far as i can see, then it occured to me that maybe the other effects like bettering fine lines and wrinkles were kinda negligable.

Yes get it,i use It and it smooths your skin so much and gives you a healthy glow and it's the best anti aging thing for your skin along with sunscreen

Of course, makes you younger, regulate oil production and thins the skin

If i have virtually no acne, is tret still gonna give any real nice benefit? Im 22 years old if that matters
There's another thread like this. Yes, it's good for anti aging.

Of course, makes you younger, regulate oil production and thins the skin
It thins the upper outest part of your skin only during the first months(so it's nothing to worry about) when your skin go through the retinization process after that it starts thickening the dermis buldingc collagen

Last edited:
It thins the upper outest part of your skin only during the first months when your skin go through the retinization process after that it starts thickening the dermis buldingc collagen
Didnt know that. Is the difference noticable (less angularity)?

Didnt know that. Is the difference noticable (less angularity)?
No,you're not gonna get a puffy face from tretinoin,since it will stimolate collagen similarly all over your face i don't think that's gonna happen,pretty much the opposite since it tightens your skin.It'll slowly but surely help to fill in shallow scars and wrinkles.It's much better to start tretinoin preventively than to treat,tretinoin also makes your skin more tollerant to sun damage.
It's something that you want to start using and keep using all your life since it's so good

Last edited:
No,you're not gonna get a puffy face from tretinoin,since it will stimolate collagen similarly all over your face i don't think that's gonna happen,pretty much the opposite since it tightens your skin.It'll slowly but surely help to fill in shallow scars and wrinkles.It's much better to start tretinoin preventively than to treat,tretinoin also makes your skin more tollerant to sun damage.
It's something that you want to start using and keep using all your life since it's so good
I held it off until age 25. Is that good? I feel 24 is still too early (im 23.5)

I held it off until age 25. Is that good? I feel 24 is still too early (im 23.5)
I feel like it's the perfect age to start,collagen production starts slowing down only after the age of 25.I started earlier because i suffered from acne i had to keep at bay.

Edit: what i mean is the earlier the better but if you aren't 25 yet you haven't missed out on the antiaging benefit,there's not a "too young" to start(unless you a kid obv lmao) since tretinoin aside form the antiaging benefit smooths out your skin improving the texture,evens the skintone,reduce pores size,prevents and treat acne,scars and sun damage,making your skin look overall better.It litterally changes genes transcription.If you want to discover more there's a dermatologist on YouTube who has covered anything about tretinoin extensively ,she's called like "Dr dray"

Last edited:
It'll probably make your skin worse at your age if you don't do it right aka overmoisturize, use sunscreen 24/7 and take breaks when needed. I destroyed my moisture barrier with it and it gave me new forehead wrinkles.