Using Saw Palmetto oil and Argan oil to prevent balding

DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon

Diamond
Ive actually been using Argan oil and now also saw palmetto oil on my scalp since I was 20 to try and at least stall balding ever since I found out that they both block the DHT that causes balding. So far, it seems like it might have worked because im 23 now, and not had any real signs of hair loss, no noticeable recession based on comparing my teenage pictures to my pictures now. I do realize that balding can set in once I pass 25 but id say so far its been working out, I have a low hairline and no bald spot at the back, but when I look at others at my college who are my age I see them developing bald spots or having their front hairline recede. Has anyone else tried this method? does it really work? Or am I just imagining things?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
WHY CAN'T I POST GIFS ON THIS SHIT SITE

nicolasCageLaughing.gif

anything other than fin is cope

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper, Deleted member 1464, Dicklet.4.3 and 4 others
minox + derma roller is fine too

dermarolling is useless, the results are so small it's barely worth it. Minoxidil is a short term solution, if finasteride is like putting a band aid over a wound, minoxidil is like stopping it with a finite amount of tissue

• Woah
dermarolling is useless, the results are so small it's barely worth it. Minoxidil is a short term solution, if finasteride is like putting a band aid over a wound, minoxidil is like stopping it with a finite amount of tissue
what's your NW ?

Doesnt taking that stuff cause your dick to permanently stop functioning? Yeah, I think thats just too much of a risk, if worst comes to worst just get a hair transplant, dont disable your dick for life because if you do, then you'll never be able to get laid anyway, no amount of hair is going to make up of the loss of your dick. HAHA! Permanent erectile dysfunction seems scary.

SCP-106 has broken out of the facility at Gate A. Fire the H.I.D. Turret immediately. Do NOT let it across the bridge.
renderTimingPixel.png

• JFL
SCP-106 has broken out of the facility at Gate A. Fire the H.I.D. Turret immediately. Do NOT let it across the bridge.
renderTimingPixel.png
You need to put a chad into a femur breaker if you want to re-contain me. Or even better, put a stacy in there.

Doesnt taking that stuff cause your dick to permanently stop functioning? Yeah, I think thats just too much of a risk, if worst comes to worst just get a hair transplant, dont disable your dick for life because if you do, then you'll never be able to get laid anyway, no amount of hair is going to make up of the loss of your dick. HAHA! Permanent erectile dysfunction seems scary.
You are literally me 2-3 years ago and trust me when I say take this advice because it was the best thing I ever did (I was on saw palmetto and rosemary oil - 'natural' DHT blockers because I was too afraid to take fin because of the horror stories) : get off saw palmetto and get on finasteride. First of all, saw palmetto is WORSE for you than finasteride because it blocks both forms of DHT (finasteride only blocks one type - type that aggressively attacks your hair follicles); the other form of DHT has MANY important functions in the brain and throughout your body especially and will fuck with your head literally if you block it. Also, if you think taking it topically instead of orally is any 'safer', think again. The amount to make a difference can/does enter your bloodstream and it really isn't very different in terms of causing symptoms than taking orally (I've taken both). My symptoms were actually worse on 'natural' DHT blockers like saw palmetto and rosemary oil then they were on fin; 'natural' doesn't mean shit, fin is easier on your body 100% and is FAR more effective in preserving your hair than it as well. Do yourself this favor and make the same decision I made 2 years ago - stop reading the finasteride horror stories you see online and convincing yourself 'natural alternatives' are better (most of them are made by idiots who don't read the studies of the effect it has on the body and control their hormonal levels. When you block that one or both forms of DHT on fin (saw palmetto blocks both), your estradiol and free testosterone jump by 15%+. All the nasty symptoms are caused by high estradiol (estrogen) in both routes (saw palmetto symptoms are worse because once again it blocks the other form of DHT that doesn't bother your hair but that your brain, liver, other parts of your body NEED. If you lower your estradiol to normal levels while on the medication, you will feel completely normal and none of this BS nonsense you read online from crying idiots who are too stupid to heavily research medications they are taking before taking it).

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, eduardkoopman, Vidyacoper and 3 others
You are literally me 2-3 years ago and trust me when I say take this advice because it was the best thing I ever did (I was on saw palmetto and rosemary oil - 'natural' DHT blockers because I was too afraid to take fin because of the horror stories) : get off saw palmetto and get on finasteride. First of all, saw palmetto is WORSE for you than finasteride because it blocks both forms of DHT (finasteride only blocks one type - type that aggressively attacks your hair follicles); the other form of DHT has MANY important functions in the brain and throughout your body especially and will fuck with your head literally if you block it. Also, if you think taking it topically instead of orally is any 'safer', think again. The amount to make a difference can/does enter your bloodstream and it really isn't very different in terms of causing symptoms than taking orally (I've taken both). My symptoms were actually worse on 'natural' DHT blockers like saw palmetto and rosemary oil then they were on fin; 'natural' doesn't mean shit, fin is easier on your body 100% and is FAR more effective in preserving your hair than it as well. Do yourself this favor and make the same decision I made 2 years ago - stop reading the finasteride horror stories you see online and convincing yourself 'natural alternatives' are better (most of them are made by idiots who don't read the studies of the effect it has on the body and control their hormonal levels. When you block that one or both forms of DHT on fin (saw palmetto blocks both), your estradiol and free testosterone jump by 15%+. All the nasty symptoms are caused by high estradiol (estrogen) in both routes (saw palmetto symptoms are worse because once again it blocks the other form of DHT that doesn't bother your hair but that your brain, liver, other parts of your body NEED. If you lower your estradiol to normal levels while on the medication, you will feel completely normal and none of this BS nonsense you read online from crying idiots who are too stupid to heavily research medications they are taking before taking it).
meh, Im just gonna keep doing what im doing right now, and if I do notice my hair receding i'll go ahead and throw the kitchen sink at it by taking finasteride and using rogain at the same time. If that still doesnt work, i'll get a hair transplant, but im not going to use drastic measures until I really need to.

holy shit this comment is extreme lifefuel, nice one brah. How old are you and how have your results been? I'm losing mine at 18 and desperately contemplating whether I should go for it or not.

• +1
Reactions: TylerDurden
holy shit this comment is extreme lifefuel, nice one brah. How old are you and how have your results been? I'm losing mine at 18 and desperately contemplating whether I should go for it or not.
22 and really great. No recession since I started taking it, and my thinning areas regrew thick. My only regret is not taking it earlier to save even more hair because of having my head filled with the fin horror story side effects - it’s an issue that you can easily get rid of through diet/estrogen-blockers

22 and really great. No recession since I started taking it, and my thinning areas regrew thick. My only regret is not taking it earlier to save even more hair because of having my head filled with the fin horror story side effects - it’s an issue that you can easily get rid of through diet/estrogen-blockers

are you taking any estrogen blockers currently? I'm thinning through the front of my hairline/scalp and it's driving me mad

are you taking any estrogen blockers currently? I'm thinning through the front of my hairline/scalp and it's driving me mad
No because I’m doing really well lowering estrogen through diet (broccoli and pomegranate juice mainly). If diet wasn’t doing enough, I would probably be taking it, but right now it does a really good job of lowering it.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
No because I’m doing really well lowering estrogen through diet (broccoli and pomegranate juice mainly). If diet wasn’t doing enough, I would probably be taking it, but right now it does a really good job of lowering it.
What other foods or treatments help with the side effects of finasteride?

i have a shampoo that has both

also using dut which is most likely the only thing doing anything

How do you lower estrodiol levels?

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman