Vitamin A megadosing for skin?

BornAgainChad

BornAgainChad

Sexy incel
I can't seem to find any Tretinoin pill vendors yet, so I'm wondering if taking high amounts of Vitamin A would also be a great way to clear up acne and cysts.

Have any of you ever megadosed on Vitamin A to clear up your skin? Have you ever experienced joint point pain or bone mass loss while megadosing? What were your results from Vitamin A compared to using other retinoids such as tretinoin or accutane?

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
How about wash your face 2X day apply moisturizer on night, change sheets and see what happens?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
  • +1
Reactions: nik.077, Ritzy2KReborn, Deleted member 656 and 4 others
Tretinoin pills? Aware me on that.
Unless you meant isotretinoin which is different.

Beta carotene at 30kIU per day does help indeed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and BornAgainChad
Thanks for the heads up. I don't wanna fuk my hair up.
I'll do more research before I make a decision on Vitamin A.

Tretinoin pills? Aware me on that.
Unless you meant isotretinoin which is different.

Beta carotene at 30kIU per day does help indeed.
It's just a precursor of tretinoin. It's effects are mostly based on it's metabolic conversion to tretinoin and other retinoids.

Its definitely not norwood tier, it just causes hairloss some way zinc deficiency can cause it which is easily fixable.
So taking other vitamins/supplements would help offset the negative sides of high vitamin a?
I'll have to look into this. I think taking vitamin c with it also helps (the eskimos intake tons of vit a and c).

So taking other vitamins/supplements would help offset the negative sides of high vitamin a?
I'll have to look into this. I think taking vitamin c with it also helps (the eskimos intake tons of vit a and c).
I dont know how did u arrive at that conclusion, but I dont think that u can offset it with vitamins, but there is something u can offset it with definitely cuz its how nature of human organism works.

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad
There seems to be a lot of positive reviews stating that highly concentrated Vitamin A reduced their acne.
I'm probably gonna be getting ahold of this stuff to fix my acne. I'll also take zinc and use minoxidil to prevent hairloss.

Last edited:
Accutane made my acne go away, the scars still ogre my face though

Accutane made my acne go away, the scars still ogre my face though
I fucking hate acne scars. I have ugly craters left in my face from me stupidly picking at my cystic acne. Luckily, using iodine+dmso has at least shrunk the craters and healed some scars on my face.

I'm probably gonna be buying topical tretinoin, or making a topical from Vitamin A pills to see if that shrinks the craters. Retinol from amazon shrunk the oversized pores on my nose.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1139
I'm actually not going to be megadosing Vitamin A anymore. From what I read, too much Vitamin A closes the growth plates prematurely similarly to what accutane does. I'm going to use this as a topical instead, as this has far less risk of doing such a thing and is much more effective than systemic ingestion.

30000ui vitamin a per day cleared up my skin for good

• +1
Hmm. Mega-dosing vitamin A for a moderate/long time would affect your liver pretty badly. Isotretenion (Accutane) is a special form of vitamin A specifically for clearing up severe acne. If your acne is severe then ask a dermatologist if Accutane is needed. It has pretty bad sides (atleast from my personal experience. If your acne isn't severe then I wouldn't take Accutane. In any case, it wouldn't be most optimal to mega-dose on vitamin A to clear acne.

Look into vitamin B5 (pantotenic acid) mega-doses for clearing acne. It'd be safer and more effective than mega-dosing on any other vitamin for clearing acne. Look into alternatives, mega-dosing isn't really my thing.

• +1
I done an experiment of mixing the vitamin A capsules in with coconut oil. Skin seems very dry (in a good way) and the pores have shrank on my nose. Very happy about the results so far, I think I'll keep doing this since it's much safer than taking it all systematically to clear acne.