Water retention (once again)

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker

@Bewusst

water retention hits me hard. If I starve myself, avoid salt, and drink potassium water, I look like this. I look like shit bloated though when I wake up sometimes. Carbs seemingly do me dirty just the same as sodium.

it’s really unfortunate. I already drink potassium chloride. Have you personally seen good results with the potassium method? i just want to verify from you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076 and .👽.
it's me or your right side is more defined, hollowed than the left? Probably lightning, but you have a nice definition there tbh.

@Bewusst

water retention hits me hard. If I starve myself, avoid salt, and drink potassium water, I look like this. I look like shit bloated though when I wake up sometimes. Carbs seemingly do me dirty just the same as sodium.

it’s really unfortunate. I already drink potassium chloride. Have you personally seen good results with the potassium method? i just want to verify from you

Your hairstyle looks like the hiroshima atomic bomb explosion

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry, eyes, Deleted member 7753 and 1 other person
good shit bro u have minimal water retention here

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Deleted member 3043
it's me or your right side is more defined, hollowed than the left? Probably lightning, but you have a nice definition there tbh.
It’s lighting but also I have acne scarring on both cheeks so that changes how the shadows cast over my face in certain lighting.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
lowkey looking like a mogger bro

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and aspieSavage
Are you fishing for compliments my boi?

• +1
Reactions: Tasty17, Slayercel and Cares

@Bewusst

I never said to avoid salt and take potassium in an isolated form; especially if you‘re sodium deficient due to avoidance of salt, overdilution from drinking too much water and increased sodium loss through sweat and urine. Depending on how much potassium you ingest, your kidneys might get overwhelmed and not be able to adequately excrete the excess, which could lead to hyperkalemia. If you avoid sugar on top of that, the burden on your kidneys becomes even higher because insulin allows extracellular potassium to enter the cells.

Do not avoid salt entirely, potassium only from food and try not to exceed a 4:1 potassium/sodium ratio. Potassium HCL is only to balance out the sodium in table salt for cooking. You can mix it 50/50 potassium/sodium HCL but not potassium HCL only.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief, Celexawer and Deleted member 7076
Leanmax ascends many

I never said to avoid salt and take potassium in an isolated form; especially if you‘re sodium deficient due to avoidance of salt, overdilution from drinking too much water and increased sodium loss through sweat and urine. Depending on how much potassium you ingest, your kidneys might get overwhelmed and not be able to adequately excrete the excess, which could lead to hyperkalemia. If you avoid sugar on top of that, the burden on your kidneys becomes even higher because insulin allows extracellular potassium to enter the cells.

Do not avoid salt entirely, potassium only from food and try not to exceed a 4:1 potassium/sodium ratio. Potassium HCL is only to balance out the sodium in table salt for cooking. You can mix it 50/50 potassium/sodium HCL but not potassium HCL only.
you're a blessing to this forum tbh, where did u learn all this?

• Love it
Reactions: Bewusst
Are you fishing for compliments my boi?

Thats a great ass 😳
451916AB 8D16 45F6 8EE2 46BD19C1A2BB

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel and .👽.
you're a blessing to this forum tbh, where did u learn all this?
Through experience, researching and to some degree also because I was forced to because of health issues

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076

Dude I’m really fucked then. See when I say I avoid salt, I mean I try not to eat overly salty foods. I do all this shit and the water retention comes back so easily I might just give up on looking good. I don’t know how to maintain this forever. It’s almost impossible.

@Bewusst say I just ate salt from bacon, hamburger, and cheese from military food I was given. Then I went back to my room, calculated how much salt I consumed, then drank 2x that in potassium. Would that suffice to negate the affects of the salt without causing any damage to my body?

And how exactly does this shit work? Does the potassium just help my body get rid of the salt so it doesn’t have to hold water? Thank you for your answers.

Dude I’m really fucked then. See when I say I avoid salt, I mean I try not to eat overly salty foods. I do all this shit and the water retention comes back so easily I might just give up on looking good. I don’t know how to maintain this forever. It’s almost impossible.
I think your self-perception is skewed. Of all the pictures/videos you‘ve posted recently, in none of them you look overly bloated to me. Some people are just naturally more prone to water retention, I was too. You‘re still quite young and this usually lessens with age as subcutaneous fat tissues atrophy. Unless you have kidney problems (probably not) - get a blood test to determine kidney function - there‘s nothing to worry about for you. My tendency towards water retention and eye puffiness has decreased dramatically over the last two years.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
I think your self-perception is skewed. Of all the pictures/videos you‘ve posted recently, in none of them you look overly bloated to me. Some people are just naturally more prone to water retention, I was too. You‘re still quite young and this usually lessens with age as subcutaneous fat tissues atrophy. Unless you have kidney problems (probably not) - get a blood test to determine kidney function - there‘s nothing to worry about for you. My tendency towards water retention and eye puffiness has decreased dramatically over the last two years.
Interesting. Well keep in mind I ONLY post videos of myself when I’m lean as fuck. I look way worse bloated. Like I’m bloated slightly right now and I look like this.

82113671 012E 46B4 B350 2F0A5531AB35

It definitely makes a difference. I just want to look my best, all the time, and it’s not easy, but I’m trying to figure out the best method.

if losing face fat would help minimize the water retention, I’m willing to give it a try.

Dandelion may help reduce water retention,
especially when consumed as a leaf extract.

You could try it. Found this on bodybuilding forum. Make sure you drink alot of water, sweat much and less salt obviously

I have this and its because of another of stuff including sand in kd due to very or normal water consumption so just drink water alot of water like when ever you thirsty like drink a whole jug instead of a cup its will help quick don't ever stay thirsty y will go bufff

What does that do bro
Hm, I can show you many things which might help water regulation but I myself have good experience with Taurine, maybe you will too? But we are not similar at all (in health problems etc.) so I am not that sure about that

"Taurine modulates calcium fluxes and enhances muscle contraction and beta-adrenergic activation through its influence on cyclic AMP regulation."

"Taurine, a semi-essential sulfur-containing β-amino acid, is an organic osmolyte involved in cell volume regulation (by regulating sodium, potassium and magnesium levels), and provides a substrate for the formation of bile salts."

Hm, I can show you many things which might help water regulation but I myself have good experience with Taurine, maybe you will too? But we are not similar at all (in health problems etc.) so I am not that sure about that

"Taurine modulates calcium fluxes and enhances muscle contraction and beta-adrenergic activation through its influence on cyclic AMP regulation."

"Taurine, a semi-essential sulfur-containing β-amino acid, is an organic osmolyte involved in cell volume regulation (by regulating sodium, potassium and magnesium levels), and provides a substrate for the formation of bile salts."
Alternatively you can take collagen hydrolysate (or Jell-o). Cysteine and Glycine are precursors of Taurine afaik but that doesnt mean that your body will produce Taurine.
Meat, oysters and dairy are high in Taurine I think.

Last edited:
Cold showers bro

@Bewusst

Looks way better than that one picture of you with a lot of bloat after chewing