we must find an agreement on PSL rating

which is the average PSL?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
when I asked for rating most people rated me as "average", but everyone had a personal opinion on which PSL rank is average.

• +1
Reactions: Time Travel
In psl it would be 4.
However on the non-autistic scale it would be 5/10.

• +1
Reactions: dogtown and Mansnob
Any other vote that isn't 4.5/10 is low IQ.

• +1
Reactions: Sub5virgin, Deleted member 656 and Mansnob
4-4.5 in PSL is average since there are some 9s

People who decided not to use 5 as the average decided to throw away logic in order to overcompensate for IRL ratings which is retarded. Normal distribution with 5 as the average or we will see this thread again every year because it lacks absolute logic.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Time Travel and Deleted member 470
People who decided not to use 5 as the average decided to throw away logic in order to overcompensate for IRL ratings which is retarded. Normal distribution with 5 as the average or we will see this thread again every year because it lacks absolute logic.
yea, 5 should be average because most people can see the logic as 5 in the middle of 1-10, 4 is just too weird, if psl max score is 8, then why not just scale it up to 10, that will make more sense.

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
How does "nobody is perfect" lack "absolute logic"? That's why you have to reduce 1 point on the 1-10 scale, making the average 4.5.

How does "nobody is perfect" lack "absolute logic"? That's why you have to reduce 1 point on the 1-10 scale, making the average 4.5.

I agree nobody is perfect, that's why you have to increase 1 point on the 1-10 scale, making the average 5.5 for the possible amputee midget with facial deformities and muscular dystrophy partially linked with his recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa syndrome. Maybe we should even increase the average to 7 to take into the account the fact that the average Incel is so far above his PSL.

I agree nobody is perfect, that's why you have to increase 1 point on the 1-10 scale, making the average 5.5 for the possible amputee midget with facial deformities and muscular dystrophy partially linked with his recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa syndrome. Maybe we should even increase the average to 7 to take into the account the fact that the average Incel is so far above his PSL.
Are you ok?

• +1
Reactions: mrdolphin
average SHOULD be 5, since the average should be 50% of the best score, else whatever metric you're using isn't comparable to the actual population, IMO.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
this tbh

4 makes no sense
If there ever existed a PSL9 it would be rarer than so called irl "10/10s", basically equivalenting it to a 11/10

Can‘t we just use normie ratings instead

• +1
Reactions: adrianolm
The majorty voted for 4 yet they give unrealistic ratings such as 3 or 5.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Because normie rating is not educated rating about facial features as PSL is.
So psl is just for face, not for the whole appearance? Rating someone as a whole is more relevant imo

I say 4... If it was 5 then why have that rating system at all.
If a girl calls me a 5/10 that means Im average looking.
If I'm a 4 on the PSL scale that means Im ugly.

You need to factor in age to get an accurate "average" on 1-10 scale. About 50% of men between the ages of 18 and 26 are likely to be 4.5.-5/10, 25 % above a 5/10 and the rest are sub 4.5 genetic garbage. Once you approach your 30's the number of sub-5 increase dramatically.

Also, it needs to be said that a 5 or even a 4.5 isn't necessarily ugly but, you'll often never be considered sexy or hot from the majority of women you meet. That also doesn't mean that you will be incel either. Just that your likeliness of slaying and getting easy sex outside of ltr is very improbable.

Last edited:
4 is definitely the mode in my experience; it appears the most in ratings. PSL ratings tend to be harsh in a way that doesn't reflect reality. Although most IRL ratings are highly inflated, they are based off of the most immediate feelings of someone's looks. PSL ratings are based off of a highly detailed and somewhat bitter analysis of looks. It doesn't make sense to eliminate 10s from PSL ratings because 10 doesn't represent perfection, but simply the highest level of good looks. You can't chop off part of a bell curve and expect the rest to display normal results. When people in real life rate people 10/10, it represents a high affinity for their looks, regardless of whether the person is actually perfect. I also think a 1 through 5 rating system is superior because it forces people to make decisions about the whole, rather than taking off points based on individual features. For this reason, the 1 through 5 system is preferred in scientific studies on looks.