What affect does tooth extraction have to your face?

Deleted member 8583

Deleted member 8583

ice trae
My ortho said i might need to get 4 premolars taken out before i get on braces so what affect might this have on my face?

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
My ortho said i might need to get 4 premolars taken out before i get on braces so what affect might this have on my face?

I don’t like that idea. It will flatten your face. It will reduce the space for your tongue, thus reducing your airway.

there are ways to avoid this, although they might require surgery.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Lev Peshkov, goat2x and 3 others
tell your ortho he is lazy and ask for damon braces w elastics if necessary

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416 and Lev Peshkov
what is the problem btw

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
I don’t like that idea. It will flatten your face. It will reduce the space for your tongue, thus reducing your airway.

thanks i think I'll opt for the surgery option but it may be a bit longer. also can i ask you, i have underbite which means my lower lip protrudes in from of top lip, will this be fixed with just braces or is surgery needed too?

thanks i think I'll opt for the surgery option but it may be a bit longer. also can i ask you, i have underbite which means my lower lip protrudes in from of top lip, will this be fixed with just braces or is surgery needed too?

if you are looking for a significant facial aesthetic improvement you will probably need a Le Fort 1.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8583
You should never ever get extractions, I had two extractions for braces at 15 and all that process did was fuck up my bite and give me a subhuman narrow smile.

You should never ever get extractions, I had two extractions for braces at 15 and all that process did was fuck up my bite and give me a subhuman narrow smile.
Cope. Its genetics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416

Does removing wisdom teeth also flatten the face?

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
I don’t think it does.

But other concomitant procedures or treatments can do that.
Thanks Dr., if I don't have an overbite but I have a small lower jaw and I want to do the IMDO surgery, would I need lefort I before IMDO? Or maybe they can be done simultaneously?

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Thanks Dr., if I don't have an overbite but I have a small lower jaw and I want to do the IMDO surgery, would I need lefort I before IMDO? Or maybe they can be done simultaneously?

They can be done simultaneously

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: goat2x and everythingmatters
They can be done simultaneously

So in a case where an adult patient does not have an overbire or underbite, but has a small jaw, what would be the best possible chronological order of the following procedures: MSE, IMDO, LEFORT, BSSO, GENIO?

So in a case where an adult patient does not have an overbire or underbite, but has a small jaw, what would be the best possible chronological order of the following procedures: MSE, IMDO, LEFORT, BSSO, GENIO?

That is something every patient should discuss with the surgeon, but, as a rule of thumb, MSE is not recommended after Le Fort, and IMDO is not possible after BSSO.

That is something every patient should discuss with the surgeon, but, as a rule of thumb, MSE is not recommended after Le Fort, and IMDO is not possible after BSSO.
I understand Dr that each case is different, but could you please tell me if this plan makes sense? Just to get an idea of how long it would take and what the process would be like (this is assuming I need to create an overbite with Lefort):

MSE -> 3 months
Braces -> 6 months
Lefort + IMDO + Genio -> First surgery, all in one
Braces -> 6 months
BSSO -> Final surgery

Total time: 1 year 3 months

Does this make sense? Thank you very much

Last edited: