What appliance/surgery should i do for my jaw and maxilla?

D

Deleted member 8632

Silver
I just turned 17, my side profile used to be worse and i mean my mandible was invisible and more downswung but i started mewing and chewing at 16 (wasnt cope for me) . I dont have any bite problems, crooked teeth or narrow pallate. Never wore braces too.

Idk whats wrong with my maxilla, is it flat? Is it recessed compared to my lower jaw (even tho i got no bite problems ive heard that the maxilla can be recessed in certain places while normal in other places). Am i delusional about my side profile or does it need to be fixed?

Looking straight
20210207 232736

Looking at an angle
20210207 232840

I have my jaw closed but i dont have a tight lip seal and they look weird af.
What should i do about my side profile ? Or am i obsessing over nothing?

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, kuroganeikki and Deleted member 4054
I think you could get away with a genio with an advancement and vertical height reduction

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 8632
You don't look bad at all, you have a good jaw with a straight neck. I honestly think you'd benefit from a little more chin however, maybe a genioplasty could do you wonders to get some projection there.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8632
You don't look bad at all, you have a good jaw with a straight neck. I honestly think you'd benefit from a little more chin however, maybe a genioplasty could do you wonders to get some projection there.
How is my maxilla? Also , nothing i can do about the downswung ?

How is my maxilla? Also , nothing i can do about the downswung ?
Have you had X-Rays done? You should consult with a surgeon, honestly. I was reading this forum for months trying to find out exactly what was going on, after contacting a surgeon I've learned so much and am now going to get x-rays done to send over.

I think by the looks of it, you'd easily be fine with a genioplasty, but if you think you might have issues with your maxilla, you could always discuss options. I'm looking into getting a Sliding Genioplasty done, contemplating Bimax.

Have you had X-Rays done? You should consult with a surgeon, honestly. I was reading this forum for months trying to find out exactly what was going on, after contacting a surgeon I've learned so much and am now going to get x-rays done to send over.

I think by the looks of it, you'd easily be fine with a genioplasty, but if you think you might have issues with your maxilla, you could always discuss options. I'm looking into getting a Sliding Genioplasty done, contemplating Bimax.
Since i just turned 17 i will still hope my face will develop more. Since i started puberty at 10 years old but my face (bones) startes changing at 16 when i started mewing and chewing. Obv i wont get surgery at 17 or 18 i will wait. Genio is to make the tip of my chin more forward?

I will get xrays done and i will post them here for some advice. Also i was a mouthbreather when i was a kid bcs of stuffed nose until i found out mewing and corrected my unhealthy habbits. I think my side profile isnt so bad for a ex mouth breather xd

Since i just turned 17 i will still hope my face will develop more. Since i started puberty at 10 years old but my face (bones) startes changing at 16 when i started mewing and chewing. Obv i wont get surgery at 17 or 18 i will wait. Genio is to make the tip of my chin more forward?

I will get xrays done and i will post them here for some advice. Also i was a mouthbreather when i was a kid bcs of stuffed nose until i found out mewing and corrected my unhealthy habbits. I think my side profile isnt so bad for a ex mouth breather xd
genio will ascend you hard, your jaw looks good overall

go to a max fac surgeon and get computer imaging done before the surgery to make sure he does the right thing

do you have a normal bite?

I'm not good with morphs as you can see but just moving the chin should get you something like this

SQtzWOE.jpg

horizontal advancement and slight vertical reduction, your lower lip would likely change for the better too

edit: maybe slightly less horizontal projection

Last edited:
  • Love it
i dont think you need jaw surgery imo

u should worry more about ur browridge then jaw

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 8632
i dont think you need jaw surgery imo

u should worry more about ur browridge then jaw
Idk if i should get a browridge implant, i dont really need it since i already got good eye shape caused by fat storage and good orbitals. Bonesmash browridge theory

genio will ascend you hard, your jaw looks good overall

go to a max fac surgeon and get computer imaging done before the surgery to make sure he does the right thing

do you have a normal bite?

I'm not good with morphs as you can see but just moving the chin should get you something like this

SQtzWOE.jpg

horizontal advancement and slight vertical reduction, your lower lip would likely change for the better too

edit: maybe slightly less horizontal projection
I do have a perfect bite, that looks good, i heard the mandible grows more from 17 until 20. Hopefully my side profile improves more but if not, i may get genio. Is it expensive/dangerous?. Also what do u think about my maxilla? Or do you need xrays?

I do have a perfect bite, that looks good, i heard the mandible grows more from 17 until 20. Hopefully my side profile improves more but if not, i may get genio. Is it expensive/dangerous?. Also what do u think about my maxilla? Or do you need xrays?
your jaw isn't gonna change noticably anymore

you can get a genio for ~3k in western europe, some places will charge a lot more, but if you go to like a local max fac surgeon and do proper planning beforehand, it'll be fine. it's not that complex of a surgery. risks include permanent nerve damage (theoretically), but doesn't really happen irl.

regarding maxilla, I think you're one of those cases that could benefit from double jaw surgery in theory, but it's not really worth it and you'd be fine after just moving the chin. just my non-professional opinion anyway.

but I'll tag @Sergio-OMS for you

• Love it
your jaw isn't gonna change noticably anymore

you can get a genio for ~3k in western europe, some places will charge a lot more, but if you go to like a local max fac surgeon and do proper planning beforehand, it'll be fine. it's not that complex of a surgery. risks include permanent nerve damage (theoretically), but doesn't really happen irl.

regarding maxilla, I think you're one of those cases that could benefit from double jaw surgery in theory, but it's not really worth it and you'd be fine after just moving the chin. just my non-professional opinion anyway.

but I'll tag @Sergio-OMS for you
Thank you kim

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
if u want to improve health and voice, go for bimax

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Deleted member 10172
if u need it

which is 99% of ppl

opens the airway and increases the size of the resonating cavatites