What are some basic questions I should ask a surgeon before going for bimax

khvirgin

khvirgin

Kracker
So in a couple of days I will have a consultation with a surgeon for a bimax, possible sleep apnea + maloclussion class 2 + I look like shit so even without apnea I need to do something.
Are the scars internal? (recently I've read @NewParasite's thread so I'm worried a bit about that too)
CCW?
How far is safe to go?
Is there any chance that going too far could give me the monkey lips effect?
Maybe asking for a package? I desperately need a rhino, but I think they need to do that after the bimax, since the nostrils could change, right?
If I need braces, there are type that would be less visible? Not like it counts not with those fucking masks but still

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 24444, Deleted member 5583 and Deleted member 5891
1)Yes

2) WDYM by CCW? What do you wanna know about it?

3) Again, what do you mean? There are people who got 1cm mandibular/maxillary advancement, some even got 1.7cm iirc

4) yes, if your lower maxilla (lefort1) gets advanced too much

5) Like "flat rate"? I don't think maxfac's do that

6) Yes, invisalign

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: khvirgin and mortis
1)Yes

2) WDYM by CCW? What do you wanna know about it?

3) Again, what do you mean? There are people who got 1cm mandibular/maxillary advancement, some even got 1.7cm iirc

4) yes, if your lower maxilla (lefort1) gets advanced too much

5) Like "flat rate"? I don't think maxfac's do that

6) Yes, invisalign
2) CCW is for the gonial angle right? I read it's pretty essential, and someone that is recessed and doesn't get a ccw would still look like shit
4) Oh ok so I guess it depends on the surgeon, a conservative one won't do nothing more than what's "functional"
5) Idk , I always read here surgeons offering bimax and genio for example at a minor rate than both combined

2) CCW is for the gonial angle right? I read it's pretty essential, and someone that is recessed and doesn't get a ccw would still look like shit
4) Oh ok so I guess it depends on the surgeon, a conservative one won't do nothing more than what's "functional"
5) Idk , I always read here surgeons offering bimax and genio for example at a minor rate than both combined
CCW means counter clockwise rotation on the maxilla mandible complex. It depends on the individual's case if it's needed, it's just a type of jaw surgery. Most people with recessed mandible get this, but not all.

There are also different types inside CCW, so it's a bit more complicated than just 'get ccw bro'. The surgeon should know what's the best for you looking at your x-ray, ct, etc.

If I were you, I would stress that the aesthetic outcome is extremely important for you. Also, I would see more surgeons before making any decisions. At least that's what I will do personally.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and khvirgin