what are your thoughts on cheekbones implants?

Deleted member 8080

Deleted member 8080

ARFID victim - adult child
So i basically have a pretty recessed upper maxilla. my lower maxilla is fine really, but my upper maxilla fucks me over.

For obvious reasons, I won't be getting Lefort 3, but i still want to somehow fix this shit...

Anyways just how risky is a cheekbone implant. I think it will be weird bc the nose doesnt go forward and the implants may start covering it, making me look like a doll. Another concern i have is that i dont seem to find a lot of successful results where the patients were quite happy with their results.

They can be very successful, you just need to be conservative and aim for a natural and moderate improvement, instead of aiming to look like Richard Ramirez or some extreme Male Model look. Aim for everyday handsome.

These cheek implants from Dr Eppley were only 2.5mm's projection (along with subtle jaw implant too), to me its a completely natural result, and a worthwhile improvement.

Dr Eppley implants

A3820c8680c129ebc20be881a0216f5c

3/4 view and side profile AFTER (he didn't show BEFORE's from this angle unfortunately):
After

^ The last pic, side profile, he's still bloated and not facially recovered yet.

Last edited:
I've seen great results but the pics are so rare. Hopefully someone can post here

Here's a comparison of a guy who got the cheek implant only on one side of his face because of complications during surgery, he would need the 2nd cheekbone implant done at another time.

Cheek bone implant side:
This was cheek he augmented

Natural side:
This was the cheek he left alone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17694
@DatGuyYouLike really interesting dude. thanks for real. yes these r great results. My upper maxilla is more recessed than his, but u r right, i should aim for slight improvements of very few mms in the midface.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
@DatGuyYouLike btw do u wanna see my maxilla?

So i basically have a pretty recessed upper maxilla. my lower maxilla is fine really, but my upper maxilla fucks me over.

For obvious reasons, I won't be getting Lefort 3, but i still want to somehow fix this shit...

Anyways just how risky is a cheekbone implant. I think it will be weird bc the nose doesnt go forward and the implants may start covering it, making me look like a doll. Another concern i have is that i dont seem to find a lot of successful results where the patients were quite happy with their results.

Unfortunately, if someone is REALLY happy with their results, they're probably not gonna want their photo on a website to let people know that they got work done. It seems that when it comes to implants, there's only ever those typical bloated looking results we always see on this forum from Eppley and a tiny handful of examples where the implants actually add harmony and improve someone's face.

Hydroxyapatite cheek implants mog silicone ones immensely ... it's just that few enough maxillofacial surgeons do them. Bryan Mendelson does them in Australia and apparently Joel DeFrancq does them in Belgium.

These cheek implants from Dr Eppley were only 2.5mm's projection (along with subtle jaw implant too), to me its a completely natural result, and a worthwhile improvement.

View attachment 662213
View attachment 662215
View attachment 662216

3/4 view and side profile AFTER (he didn't show BEFORE's from this angle unfortunately):
View attachment 662218
View attachment 662219
^ The last pic, side profile, he's still bloated and not facially recovered yet.
That guy is @Gosick, right?

Hydroxyapatite cheek implants mog silicone ones immensely ... it's just that few enough maxillofacial surgeons do them. Bryan Mendelson does them in Australia and apparently Joel DeFrancq does them in Belgium.

any pics?