What does bimax+genioplasty do that custom implants from Eppley don’t.

just ask for how many mm you want

Yeah but I want to make sure the result aesthetically looks good. Also, I've heard that there's a limited amount of advancement someone can get based on individual factors, so I was trying to get an idea of what a realistic amount of augmentation might be. I don't want to get too much advancement and make my midface and orbitals look recessed (especially now that I have implants in the midface/orbital region).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Administrator
Yeah but I want to make sure the result aesthetically looks good. Also, I've heard that there's a limited amount of advancement someone can get based on individual factors, so I was trying to get an idea of what a realistic amount of augmentation might be. I don't want to get too much advancement and make my midface and orbitals look recessed (especially now that I have implants in the midface/orbital region).
8mm might be good, but im not sure without seeing a morph.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Administrator
That's literally what implants do. I can't find the thread right now but I'm sure there was someone here that posted about having had a wraparound implant for years and that it significantly improved his appearance but apparently he had a bite problem that had gotten worse over time and now needed orthognathic surgery.

As for your question OP, orthognathic surgery is favored over implants here cause people are kinda retarded and think that you're implanting breast implant silicone on your jawline so they think that you're going to end up looking like Steven Tyle even though he hasn't had implants.

Jaw surgery aka "no implants/only bone" is primarily concerned with correcting functional issues the patient may have such as bite deformities or obstructed airways in sleep apnea cases. As far as cosmetics go, you'd be heavily disappointed if you were to have it and expect to turn out with Superman jaw. Osteotomies such as the BSSO (movement of the lower jaw forward) can fuck up your jaw angles pretty bad, I've seen it happen in a lot of cases. But it's the only way to correct any bite issues you may have and if that's actually the case you should absolutely plan on doing it.

On the other hand, any augmentative procedure with the use of custom designed implants of a specific material whether that is silicone, Medpor, PEEK or even titanium (don't get your hopes up for this one tho) that cover the entire jawline area is superior in terms of changing the jaw appearance. You can have it designed so it can increase your jaw - chin projection, make the jaw angles or the chin wider and even increase their height , all at the same implant. It's pretty easy to see why it's superior, again, ONLY in terms of cosmetics.

That's all in theory though. In order for the implant to end up looking good on you, the truth is you need to go to someone that has been designing custom implants for the most part of their career AND have the appropriate amount of soft tissue thinness so you don't end up looking bloated. Unfortunately that's purely genetics based and even lowering your bf % won't do much. I think a good test of this would be to see if your mandibular bone border is visible from the side, even if it's recessed at the anterior direction it will still be visible if you actually have thin facial tissue.

TLDR: If you have a bite problem get jaw surgery first. Otherwise there's no reason in not getting implants if you have the appropriate underlying soft tissues structure.
Jaw surgery is infinitely better than implants.
check my thread:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I actually already have custom midface implants, although I was planning on having them revised since they look more subtle than I had originally intended. I also have a chin implant as well that I'm happy with and was hoping to be able to leave it in place through the bimax.

BTW, do you know if it's true that someone's cheeks usually look even flatter post-bimax? Since I want to have my midface implants revised anyways I guess it doesn't really matter, but I was just wondering if I should expect them to look even less noticeable after bimax surgery.

Again, it depends on your movements. But advancing and rotating (if you get rotation) the upper jaw will give the appearance that your cheeks look flatter. There's a reason why some surgeons graft, use filler, etc to the cheek area if advancing the upper jaw, it's to offset the perception of midface setback.

• +1
Again, it depends on your movements. But advancing and rotating (if you get rotation) the upper jaw will give the appearance that your cheeks look flatter. There's a reason why some surgeons graft, use filler, etc to the cheek area if advancing the upper jaw, it's to offset the perception of midface setback.

When you say "rotation," you're referring go CCW rotation, right? Just making sure

So in other words, if I'm already strongly considering a revision of my midface implants because they already look too subtle to me, then bimax w/ CCW rotation will definitely necessitate a revision of the midface implants?

BTW, here's a recent photo of my side profile, just to give you an idea of how much advancement/rotation might be necessary (second photo is a morph someone made depicting what I might look like with paranasal/premaxillary implants -- obviously very subtle difference):

Here are two other side profile photos I took back in September:

• +1
God I wish people would stop messaging that Russian doctor especially if you aren't 100% serious and have the money for operations.

If it keeps happening this guy is going to believe all of us are mentally retarded especially when you guys send him morphs

To answer your question I think moving jaws forward with osteotimies and then hopping on fillers is vastly superior to implants alone

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 6401 and 3 others
When you say "rotation," you're referring go CCW rotation, right? Just making sure

So in other words, if I'm already strongly considering a revision of my midface implants because they already look too subtle to me, then bimax w/ CCW rotation will definitely necessitate a revision of the midface implants?

BTW, here's a recent photo of my side profile, just to give you an idea of how much advancement/rotation might be necessary (second photo is a morph someone made depicting what I might look like with paranasal/premaxillary implants -- obviously very subtle difference):

Here are two other side profile photos I took back in September:

Yes, I was referencing CCW. I'm not sure how CW rotation affects the midface aside from potential elongation, which is why I see it done for short faced individuals. I'd lean towards saying yes, you'd likely want midface augmentation of some kind if you have medium to large advancement because moving the jaws forward will give the perception your current implants are even more subtle. I'd HIGHLY recommend you wait until your swelling goes down post bimax before deciding how you want to augment the midface if you choose implants. I've heard of people doing fillers for the orbital region and the cheeks for anterior projection after bimax, I've also heard fat grafting + hydroxyapetite paste being used as well during surgery. The latter though, is really only good for lateral projection.

I'd say you already look decent from the side profile, imo. Unsure what degree bimax will improve your looks.

• +1
Yes, I was referencing CCW. I'm not sure how CW rotation affects the midface aside from potential elongation, which is why I see it done for short faced individuals. I'd lean towards saying yes, you'd likely want midface augmentation of some kind if you have medium to large advancement because moving the jaws forward will give the perception your current implants are even more subtle. I'd HIGHLY recommend you wait until your swelling goes down post bimax before deciding how you want to augment the midface if you choose implants. I've heard of people doing fillers for the orbital region and the cheeks for anterior projection after bimax, I've also heard fat grafting + hydroxyapetite paste being used as well during surgery. The latter though, is really only good for lateral projection.

I'd say you already look decent from the side profile, imo. Unsure what degree bimax will improve your looks.

Thanks for the input. The primary reason I'm looking to undergo bimax is to get a more anteface look, especially in regards to the maxilla. Do you notice how my upper lip is basically totally flat from the side? Everyone tells me that's an indication that my maxilla is at least mildly recessed and would benefit from advancement. Also, I have nasolabial folds that have gotten fairly noticeable in recent years, and I've heard that these are also an indication of a recessed maxilla. My philtrum is also really long as well (19 mm), so one of the benefits of bimax (and more specifically CCW) is that vertical bone mass could be removed and I could subsequently get a lip lift as well.

• +1
Thanks for the input. The primary reason I'm looking to undergo bimax is to get a more anteface look, especially in regards to the maxilla. Do you notice how my upper lip is basically totally flat from the side? Everyone tells me that's an indication that my maxilla is at least mildly recessed and would benefit from advancement. Also, I have nasolabial folds that have gotten fairly noticeable in recent years, and I've heard that these are also an indication of a recessed maxilla. My philtrum is also really long as well (19 mm), so one of the benefits of bimax (and more specifically CCW) is that vertical bone mass could be removed and I could subsequently get a lip lift as well.

Yeah, I understand that. I think anteface looks pretty good. I have heard it can be hit or miss on the nasolabial folds, mine got slightly better. My upper lip curvature improved though, and I completely agree; flat lip absolutely is underrated in how unappealing it makes someone's side profile. However, I think my surgeon was a bit on the conservative side since I have a bit of a recessed midface and he didn't want to make it appear flatter, so now i'm seeking some chin shield + upper lip augmentation to improve on the projection a bit.

• +1
Jaw surgery is infinitely better than implants.
check my thread:
Retarded and oversimplified post at best, dangerous at worst for those seeking improvement on this shithole of a forum.

I have explained this shit like 100 times now (why lower third surgery does not have a "one size fits all" soluton) but I won't bother doing it again just because a bunch of faggots wants to give their money away to solutions that just don't apply to them. If you think all it takes to have your class1 jaws operated is a "blackpilled" surgeon, you're in a for a surprise. You have no idea what jaw surgery is for and you should stop spreading misinformation on it based on shitty anecdata and PSL mental gymnastics tier reasoning.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2012
Retarded and oversimplified post at best, dangerous at worst for those seeking improvement on this shithole of a forum.

I have explained this shit like 100 times (why lower third surgery does not have a "one size fits all" soluton) but I won't bother doing it again just because a bunch of faggots wants to give their money away to solutions that just don't apply to them. If you think all it takes to have your class1 jaws operated is a "blackpilled" surgeon, you're in a for a surprise. You have no idea what jaw surgery is for and you should stop spreading misinformation on it based on shitty anecdata and PSL mental gymnastics tier reasoning.
@Slayerino
Wanna help me put some sense into this low iq faggot?

• +1
@Slayerino

Too bad all your (low) mental capacity allows you to do is keep doing your shitty circlejerking instead of the facing the reality.

You'll probably never have surgery or looksmax at all for that matter which is you like giving shitty advice to users like a good little charlatan dog you are.

Or maybe you're one of those copers that are planning on getting jaw surgery to some third world shithole cause they are poor fucks and have to keep themselves in denial for as long as possible to cope properly once their endeavor goes to shit.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2227
Too bad all your (low) mental capacity allows you to do is keep doing your shitty circlejerking instead of the facing the reality.

You'll probably never have surgery or looksmax at all for that matter which is you like giving shitty advice to users like a good little charlatan dog you are.

Or maybe you're one of those copers that are planning on getting jaw surgery to some third world shithole cause they are poor fucks and have to keep themselves in denial for as long as possible to cope properly once their endeavor goes to shit.
read my custom title. Im getting a bimax very soon. Yes, it will be in a developing country (my country) but it will be with a very good doctor, I got money

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2227
Yeah, I understand that. I think anteface looks pretty good. I have heard it can be hit or miss on the nasolabial folds, mine got slightly better. My upper lip curvature improved though, and I completely agree; flat lip absolutely is underrated in how unappealing it makes someone's side profile. However, I think my surgeon was a bit on the conservative side since I have a bit of a recessed midface and he didn't want to make it appear flatter, so now i'm seeking some chin shield + upper lip augmentation to improve on the projection a bit.

Ever since I started posting on looksmaxxing/PSL forums back in late 2018, numerous people have told me two things: 1.) Anteface is the best type of "look" to have; and 2.) My maxilla is recessed. So those are basically the reasons why I've been seriously looking into getting bimax surgery. Now that you've seen a few side profile photos of my face, how many mm of advancement do you think I'd benefit from? At least 7-8? Also, do you think I'd benefit from CCW rotation as well?

• +1
Ever since I started posting on looksmaxxing/PSL forums back in late 2018, numerous people have told me two things: 1.) Anteface is the best type of "look" to have; and 2.) My maxilla is recessed. So those are basically the reasons why I've been seriously looking into getting bimax surgery. Now that you've seen a few side profile photos of my face, how many mm of advancement do you think I'd benefit from? At least 7-8? Also, do you think I'd benefit from CCW rotation as well?

Depends, what is your Gonial Angle?
You have to plan your goal, if you want to be more chad or more prettyboy (the gonial angle here, plays a fundamental role).

• +1
Depends, what is your Gonial Angle?
You have to plan your goal, if you want to be more chad or more prettyboy (the gonial angle here, plays a fundamental role).

I haven't measured it but my angles are situated fairly high. I also have a fairly steep jawline. At my age, I think trying to look more prettyboy is a lost cause and trying to look as masc/dom as possible is a more realistic strategy.

• +1
@SurgerySoon he said the same thing to me. Over 7mm, there's a risk of looking monkeyish. I desperately need to mog Barrett though. And after the bimax I'm planning a zygo/paranasal/orbital implant coz it's true, your zygos will flatten frontally.

@Slayerino
I don't understand what he's arguing about. If you want to move forward. Bimax (+genio) is the superior choice, unless specific rare cases. Then you can use implants made of hydroxyapatite for what couldn't be moved forward.

• +1
Reactions: reptiles, CursedOne, Deleted member 6401 and 2 others
@SurgerySoon he said the same thing to me. Over 7mm, there's a risk of looking monkeyish. I desperately need to mog Barrett though. And after the bimax I'm planning a zygo/paranasal/orbital implant coz it's true, your zygos will flatten frontally.

Are you going with Andreishchev for the surgery? The only reason I'm on the fence about it is because of the issue with the zygos looking less prominent afterwards. I have custom cheek implants already, and even now the results are subtle enough that I've been strongly considering undergoing revision surgery to add 2-3 more mm to them. Then again, if I'm thinking about revising my midface implants anyways, I guess I could just wait and do that after bimax surgery. Have you seen my side profile photos? If so, do you agree that I'd benefit aesthetically from bimax surgery?

• +1