What is the equivalent of MSE/MSDO for forward expansion?

J

jawcel

Iron
If mse and msdo widens then jaw and palate, how do you make your palate grow more forward to make more room for your teeth?

Initially I thought it would be something like double jaw surgery but I don’t think that does anything for the size or length of your palate but instead just repositions the recessed jaw in a more forward position

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Probably a greycel moment but idk either

• JFL
If mse and msdo widens then jaw and palate, how do you make your palate grow more forward to make more room for your teeth?

Initially I thought it would be something like double jaw surgery but I don’t think that does anything for the size or length of your palate but instead just repositions the recessed jaw in a more forward position
No

• So Sad

lefort
IMDO/BSSO

MSE + bollards + facemask will create forward growth too but it will likely be very limited. I think combining the two could create some decent forward movement if there is lateral overexpansion with the MSE but I am just guessing here.

Lefort and Bsso. Jfl at graycels not knowing bimax

• +1
Reactions: bysontallou
It would be some form of a lefort with distraction osteogenesis. It might not necessarily have aesthetic results - the distraction vector means that no rotation can be performed.